Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you should stay.  
One thing you may want to consider, if it bothers you so much that folks don't like you wearing two hats, is to make a new login to post under, and keep the old one for moderating duties.  Perhaps this will make it clearer to the heathen few that don't bother to watch what you do closely enough.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Stay.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Stay.
Some folks are more sensitive than others on certain issues (not meant as a put-down).
I look forward to others opinions.
And if you decide to take a sabbatical, look me up and we'll burn some ammo...  [heavy]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#5]
STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO     STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO     STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO     STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO    
STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO     STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO    
STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO     STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO STAY GO    
WHAT'S ALL THE FUSS ABOUT?
STAY AWHILE AND THEN GO KICK SOME BUTT.

Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't go away mad. Just...Go away!

If I asked you to stay I would sound like a jilted pre-pubescent boy who just realized that those handjobs he was whining about were better than nothing at all.

Just 'cuz I really want you to stay doesn't mean we'll be taking long warm showers together.

Now stop crying before I send you home with a "just humped the neighbors dog" look on your face.

[;)]

Gunnery Sgt. Tom Highway
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#8]
You done crying yet?

Good.

Now get back to work. You're allowed to have opinions.

[:D]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Stay G-Man. If people can't handle freedom of speech, they should leave the country. I you were rude and obnoxious like some that we get in here, I would want you to go. But you are polite, introspective, and 99% of the time add a new twist on the subject.Stay.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Everyone has a right to their beliefs and opinions.  If some people can't differentiate between expressing those beliefs and poor moderating, @#$% them.

I think you provide a helpful POV to many of the topics.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Stay, I will hate you if you leave.LOL Get a thicker skin and toughen up. Let us all pray, Dear God, please make grandmans ballies get bigger so he will stop his complaining and get back to work. Amen and Amen.

edited because i can't spell comlp(A)ining right, let us pray, Dear God
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#13]
[size=6]STAY[/size=6]

Opinions are okay. Trying to discourage opinions is not good. Fire away [uzi]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#14]
[/quote]
posted by ar50guy
"Uhhh...yeah...let's take a trip to Isreal or Palestine right about now.  Surely you can't be serious?  Religion has caused more murder than any other organized group.

Your claim is outlandish at best."[/quote]

To ar50guy:
The lives claimed in the name of various religions pales by comparison to the lives claimed by governments, especially by governments which have been hostile to Judaism and Christianity.  Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao Tse Tung (spelling?), Milosevic, etc. were NOT religious leaders.

To Garandman, STAY.  Just because some don't really believe in freedom of speech doesn't mean you need to stifle your opinions.  I'd be in favor of keeping all profanity and lewdity off the board, and you show great restraint in not imposing your Christian views and simply eliminating those threads.  I think you're balanced and fair.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#15]
All these users keep piping in about opinons.  Remeber folks, he is a "Moderator"  By title Garandman is not entitled to the same freedom us posters are.  If Garandman is really interested in offering his "opinion" and "Religious Diatribe", then he should not hold the title of "Moderator".

What if a judge in a court case acted with the same cavalier attitide?...I don't think so.

Lose the "Moderator" title and quit crying about the fact that you can't control all the users of this forum.

You started this thread for no other reason than to get yourself a feelgood response from your buddies here.  Now is that indicative of an effective, un biased moderator?  I don't think so.

Like I have said a million times now...If you value your religious racism that much, then quit being a moderator and get to preachin.

If you prefer to be a moderator, drop the bigotry and moderate.  It's not a difficult decision by any means Garandman.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:56:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
All these users keep piping in about opinons.  Remeber folks, he is a "Moderator"  By title Garandman is not entitled to the same freedom us posters are.  If Garandman is really interested in offering his "opinion" and "Religious Diatribe", then he should not hold the title of "Moderator".

What if a judge in a court case acted with the same cavalier attitide?...I don't think so.

Lose the "Moderator" title and quit crying about the fact that you can't control all the users of this forum.

You started this thread for no other reason than to get yourself a feelgood response from your buddies here.  Now is that indicative of an effective, un biased moderator?  I don't think so.

Like I have said a million times now...If you value your religious racism that much, then quit being a moderator and get to preachin.

If you prefer to be a moderator, drop the bigotry and moderate.  It's not a difficult decision by any means Garandman.
View Quote

Hmmm, sounds like ar50guy is beginning to recognize that he's in the VAST minority on this one.....  Why don't you give it a rest.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Stay, your comments contain a wealth of information and food for thought.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
[size=5][red]Garandman:[/size=5][/red]

[blue][size=5]Can we count the votes now and get you back to work?[/blue][/size=5] [:)]
View Quote

[size=6] 62 ya (stay)
2  nay (go away)[/size=6]

Thread locked

[Edited by Garandman due to error in addition]
[Not really Edited by Garandman, just kidding]
[Edited by ar50guy to adjust error in addition]
[Edited by Garandman]
[Edited by ar50guy]
[Edited by Garandman]
[Edited by ar50guy]
[Edited by Garandman]
[Edited by ar50guy]
[Edited by Garandman]
[Edited by ar50guy]
[Edited by Garandman]
[Edited by ar50guy]
[Edited by Garandman]
[Edited by ar50guy]
[Edited by Garandman...Ha Ha I win]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
To ar50guy:
The lives claimed in the name of various religions pales by comparison to the lives claimed by governments, especially by governments which have been hostile to Judaism and Christianity.  Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao Tse Tung (spelling?), Milosevic, etc. were NOT religious leaders.

View Quote

Wow, you couldn't be more wrong...wait, yes, I'm right you couldn't be more wrong.

You failed to mention the Romans who were religious butchers.  I could go on and on...
Even a couple of the figures you mention killed many, many, many people in the name of theirs God, regardless of what political position they held.  You actually further reinforce my point about Garandman by making your statement, thanks!!!

Wow you REALLY could not be more wrong.  It is almost humerous how far from the truth you are on that one.  Do a little reseach about religous bigotry over history.  You will stand very very corrected.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Wow now no freedom of speech.  You are indeed a scary individual.  Now before you flame back about Garandmans freedom of speech, we are talking about a Moderator.  Please learn what a moderators duties are before you flame me...please.

So you really think that people in the minority should just "give it a rest"?

That is the same reckless attitude Hitler used.  

You are a work of art dude.  You should give some thought to editing your post to be a little less ignorant.

OK GoatBoy.  I guess your reply kind of explains it all.  There is more to being a GOOD moderator than what you stated.  I don't know if there actually is a book out there.  I can refer you to standard USENet Moderator rules if you like, but a book may be hard to come by.  But it all kind of makes sense now.  I didn't know you had such low standards for moderators.  Hell why dont you make me one then too?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:05:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Those that cannot productively discus, fight or run.  I can hardly believe that you'd openly beg for acceptance like a dog.  I would have never considered you a person of such character.

Relinquish the title to someone else and stay as a member.  Just because I consider you a bigot doesn't mean that I don't want to discus points with you.  Talking with people who have the exact same opinion as yourself will lead you down a road of misinformation and self-righteousness.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Uhh EdAvilaSr
I don't even know where to start with that.  Are you really that lost or just trying to get a response from me?  Of course Garandman had nothing to do with the past.  We are talking about a Moderator doing his job right.
I can only figure this is an attempt to evoke a response or something.

EdAvilaSr erroneously said...
The fact that religion has been misused as a reason or excuse to slaughter millions does not make it the culprit.

OK Then what in the Hell does?  It was religion that mde them act that way.  It is religion that has the middle east living in the stone age all blown to crap.  it is religion that destryoed these and many other countries infrastructure.

get a big ole clue.

I'm trying to help you, but wow it is hard to relate to someone that far from reality.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Okay...that's it! I am offended. I disagree with ar50guy and I think he should be removed.

[;)]

BYW ar50guy...the count still stands...overwhelming majority say stay. Unless this site uses the electoral college to determine the victor,  I would say this conversation is over!
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#29]
If someone were to post an article here about some random inner-city violent crime and Mcuzi were to jump in and make speculations on the race of the perpetrator, no matter how likely he is to be right or not be right. That would  make him prejudiced, let's use that word instead of bigot.

By the same token if someone else were to come along instead of McUzi when the article gave no indication of the persons religious preference and this person automatically assumes the perp is "godless" that too makes him prejudiced in another sense.

But so what? We're all bigoted and have prejudices in some way or another, I bet most of us automatically assume the worst of a person when we see a Gore sticker or a PETA sticker. We probably shouldn't, they aren't necessarily a bad person or an enemy maybe misinformed and a representation of ours and our country's enemies. Prejudice and bigotry doesn't necessarily mean hate and should not be attempted to be silenced in any way here, it's part of a persons personality. But when it does get extreme and turn to hate like the first example given, thats when there is problems.
I probably don't agree with any of your metaphysical beliefs in any way shape or form, but you're up front about it and not hiding behind anything. You're not about to flex because anyone tells you to and thats an admirable quality no matter if it applies to something I or anyone elses agrees with or not. And as far as I've seen you've never let any of your religious beliefs have any effect on interpreting the board code and enforcement of it.

You have my vote to STAY, that is if you want to.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah...locked.

Thanks for the input. SOrry for the whiny crybaby post.

I have this charachter flaw - when someone calls me a biggot, I feel compelled to look and see if I am.

I'm stayin.' And learnin' how to mod better. Thanks for your patience.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Do what Jesus would do.

Seriously,  while I don't agree with all your views regarding religion and related topics you are certainly within your rights to post them.  The only critique I would have is that you sometimes won't let it drop.  You continue to pound that square peg hoping it will fit in the round hole.  Speak your piece and let it go.  Not everyone believes as you believe and your continued insistence only discredits your underlying argument.

Peace.  And Stay.  Cuz you are the only religion I get and you don't even ask for a dollar.  [:)]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

BYW ar50guy...the count still stands...overwhelming majority say stay. Unless this site uses the electoral college to determine the victor,  I would say this conversation is over!
View Quote

Cool.  I am gald to be one of the 2!!!  Actually I asked the GB delete my account a while back.  he offered the option to attempt to contribute and not flee.  That is what I am trying to do.  I feel that an ethical, unbiased, non religous bigot would be a great addition to ar15.com.

Now if GB wants to close my account, then fine.  That is his call to make.

I don't think the conversation is over though?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top