Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 7:30:17 PM EDT
I recently purchased a handgun from Taurus which I think I need to send to have some work done on.  I called them today and the customer service rep said I could send the gun to them and they would do some tests and fix it.  I asked if I needed to ship it through my FFL, and he basically said "No, you can ship it to us yourself, we'll fix it, and ship it right back to you."

The part about sending them the gun I wasn't completely sure about needing a FFL.  But from what I've read around here, they can NOT ship it directly to me, it has to go to a FFL.  Was I mistaken, or does Taurus' customer service not know what the laws are regarding shipping handguns?  Maybe it's a different story if it being shipped to and fro for warranty work?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Perfectly legal.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]
They can ship it back to you
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Maybe it's a different story if it being shipped to and fro for warranty work?

Bingo!  Like everyone said, it's perfectly legal.  But it must have the same serial number as the firearm you sent in.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#4]
The FFL requirement is for a change of ownership.  You can send and receive from the manufacturer for warranty  repair.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They can ship it back to you

+1

You are not buying one new, its yours to begin with, perfectly legit
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool.  That means I don't have to pay a FFL to send and recieve it for me.  Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top