Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 5:47:35 PM EDT
So what is a bigger problem in this country Welfare moms or illegal aliens? I don't like illegals but at least they work. I can't stand Americans that don't want to work for what they have.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]

I see them as two completely separate issues, and hard to compare.  There are LOTS of reasons why "moms" end up on welfare, and not everyone is abusing the system.  The purpose of the system is to help people, and while many undoubtedly do abuse it, many also need the help.

Every illegal alien by defintion is a criminal, who doesn't respect the laws of this country.  What makes you think that "they work"?  Many come here too mooch, or to put their kids in American schools, or to steal cars, or to smuggle drugs, or lots of other reasons in addition to people just looking for work.

I'll take the law-abiding mooch over the criminal every day of the week, personally.  Just my opinion - worth what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So what is a bigger problem in this country Welfare moms or illegal aliens? I don't like illegals but at least they work. I can't stand Americans that don't want to work for what they have.

Both.

They both fuck with the system.  They mooch off the taxpayer and take away from those that really need it. (although I agree with DK that not every welfare person mooches off the system).

The welfare system needs to be abolished and the illegals need to be mass thrown into MEXICO.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Plenty of illegals are welfare moms.  
I think you would be shocked at how good some of these people are at working the system. They must have quite the set up running to do so.

As for Welfare Moms in general?
90% need a good swift kick in the ass.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree that many illegal moms are also welfare moms.  I would actually say that our welfare system itself is a large part of the problem.  It feeds and enables both the welfare mom and the illegal mom.

-K
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think you would be shocked at how good some of these people are at working the system. They must have quite the set up running to do so.

You are such a heartless man.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#6]
It isn't women only men go to great links to get on disability too.  30% of the population in my city is disabled (per 2000 census)  It would be much higher now!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are such a heartless man.

Yes I am.

And worse. Far worse.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I dated a girl on and off for awhile who had an absolutely awful upbringing.  She emanicpated herself at the age of 16 when she realized she would be better off on her own even though it meant she'd be bounced around state institutions, foster homes, and the street.

She wound up looking for state assistance eventually and every social worker she spoke to encouraged her to get pregnant, as then they could give her money.

She refused to do so, and has had a rocky existence since.  I've lost track of her...hope she is okay.

She was really screwed up in the head in a lot of ways and I did not want to serve as the White Knight...yet with her experience she was wholeheartedly RKBA, expressed self regret with her attitude against public welfare, yet wholeheartedly pro-choice to end the wicked welfare vicious circle.

I miss her a bit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I dated a girl on and off for awhile who had an absolutely awful upbringing.  She emanicpated herself at the age of 16 when she realized she would be better off on her own even though it meant she'd be bounced around state institutions, foster homes, and the street.

She wound up looking for state assistance eventually and every social worker she spoke to encouraged her to get pregnant, as then they could give her money.

She refused to do so, and has had a rocky existence since.  I've lost track of her...hope she is okay.

She was really screwed up in the head in a lot of ways and I did not want to serve as the White Knight...yet with her experience she was wholeheartedly RKBA, expressed self regret with her attitude against public welfare, yet wholeheartedly pro-choice to end the wicked welfare vicious circle.

I miss her a bit.

I hope she made it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I miss her a bit.

I hope she made it.

Me too.  Last time I talked to her was about a year or so ago.  She was in a bar with some sleazy jackass old enough to be her father, and she related a tale on how she crashed her car recently into a tree in an attempt to kill herself.

So much for my petty issues.

Take care, Ellie.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, and the deadbeat "dads" that fathered the children need to be held responsible & support the kids, too.  You and I have to pick up the slack.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#12]
the answer to your question is

yes/both
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, and the deadbeat "dads" that fathered the children need to be held responsible & support the kids, too.  You and I have to pick up the slack.  

Some are "deadbeat 'dads'" as you say, many are milking the system also.  
And while it may be neuvo to blame the "Dads" (and we should) you would find it interesting to see how many of these mothers have 3-4 kids all with different last names.  It is clear as to their intent and that is a career of sitting on their ass by cranking out brats.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

"Welfare Mothers

Make better lovers

Welfare Mothers

Make better lovers . . ."
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some are "deadbeat 'dads'" as you say, many are milking the system also.  
And while it may be neuvo to blame the "Dads" (and we should) you would find it interesting to see how many of these mothers have 3-4 kids all with different last names.  It is clear as to their intent and that is a career of sitting on their ass by cranking out brats.

No argument here...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:39:09 AM EDT
[#16]
As a former social worker, I cannot say one is more evil than the other.

They Both
Breathe Up
Good Air

Sure it is easier to see the illegal immigrants (more of them are male and active in the criminal justice system), but it is the welfare skanks who crank out more, and more, and yet ever more parasites and criminals.  

Out of either category, I might find between one and five percent I could call a decent human being
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:40:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I see them as two completely separate issues, and hard to compare.  There are LOTS of reasons why "moms" end up on welfare, and not everyone is abusing the system.  The purpose of the system is to help people, and while many undoubtedly do abuse it, many also need the help.

Every illegal alien by defintion is a criminal, who doesn't respect the laws of this country.  What makes you think that "they work"?  Many come here too mooch, or to put their kids in American schools, or to steal cars, or to smuggle drugs, or lots of other reasons in addition to people just looking for work.

I'll take the law-abiding mooch over the criminal every day of the week, personally.  Just my opinion - worth what you paid for it.

The Dutchman shoots and scores.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:44:36 AM EDT
[#18]
BOTH SHOULD BE BANNED™ -MarkM

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#19]
I have less problems with illegals than many of the people on this board because as the poster says they work.  My town borders another that 12 years ago was becoming ghetto.  Lots of open air drug markets, increasing welfare dependency, crime, etc.  

Then a lot of Mexicans started moving in.  No doubt half of them are illegal but the town is now a much better place.  There is still crime but there is less of it, less drug markets, and new business, started by the Mexicans are opening all over the place.  They opened this great bakery.  No one there can speak English but the breads, donuts, sandwiches, etc. are great and cheap.  They have opened a half dozen restaurants which are all great, new stores have opened, lots of auto repair places, etc.  They are pretty courteous, family-oriented people.

There have been 4-5 Mexican or Salvadoran families who have bought houses in my neighborhood.  I would say that generally they are very good neighbors.  We have also had a few ghetto refugees and Section 8 housing users move in and I hate to generalize but they have caused a lot more problems than the Mexicans.  

So for me, where I live, immigrants have been an improvement over the welfare and big government dependent types.  The welfare types don't seem to have the ability to improve themselves, but the Mexicans do.  If we could arrange some sort of trade where Mexico takes out welfare cases and we take their illegals we'd clearly be better off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top