Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 10:15:43 AM EDT
Ok, I thought about it. It sucks because there is nothing writen in it that says do not fuck with. I would like it rewriten like this.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be fucked with in any way shape or form.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Means the same thing now as it did then.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Heh, well ok. If you ever want to seriously convince someone that it means what it says, try this:

A well schooled electorate being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and read books thall not be infringed.

Ask a gun banner what that means to them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#3]
No see I wrote "shall not be fucked with" When you use words like fuck people tend to lission.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No see I wrote "shall not be fucked with" When you use words like fuck people tend to lission.

When all else fails, "fuck" should do the trick.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No, they actually don't.

"Shall not be infringed" means "shall not be fucked with."

Actually, it's even easier for the antis to use that.."We're not "fucking" with
the second ammendment....We're IMPROVING it!"  

And then they'd go on to point out the different interpretations of "fucked with".

Useing profanity isn't going to change the mind of somone determined to
destroy the Constitution.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#6]

The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Written like this, without the justification clause, would have made it much more powerful.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they actually don't.

And then they'd go on to point out the different interpretations of "fucked with".

How bout telling them go Fuck them selves.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they actually don't.

You can do that by joining the NRA.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Written like this, without the justification clause, would have made it much more powerful.

You're probably right, and it would have ended the whole collective argument nonsense.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they actually don't.

You can do that by joining the NRA.

I've done that it just doesn't scream it loud enough.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

No they don't. Here's a couple of quotes for you...

"Profanity is the attempt of a lazy and feeble mind to express itself forcefully"

"When a man uses profanity to support an argument, it indicates that either the man or the argument is weak - probably both”

And my personal favorite....
“Profanity is the weapon of the witless”
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#13]
 git'em,  tbk1
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#14]
The second amendment starts where the first amendment ends.

That was the founders intent, if ever the unalienable rights were infringed the people have a right to use overwhelming leathal force.

George Washington quotes:  

The time is now near at hand which must probably determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their houses and farms are to be pillaged and destroyed, and themselves consigned to a state of wretchedness from which no human efforts will deliver them. The fate of unborn millions will now depend on God, on the courage and conduct of this army. Our cruel and unrelenting enemy leaves us only the choice of brave resistance, or the most abject submission. We have, therefore, to resolve to conquer or die.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:30:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No they don't. Here's a couple of quotes for you...

"Profanity is the attempt of a lazy and feeble mind to express itself forcefully"

"When a man uses profanity to support an argument, it indicates that either the man or the argument is weak - probably both”

And my personal favorite....
“Profanity is the weapon of the witless”

Fuckin' A!!!

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Means the same thing now as it did then.

True.  People today just don't know how to read English anymore.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I like this quote:

"The 2nd Amendment is the RESET button of the United States Constitution."

GL
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Damn you, 13th Warrior, you are still an inarticulate sophomoric nincompoop!  Using the word "fuck" will not make people listen to you!  And learn to spell!!  Why hasn't your English teacher fallen dead yet?!!!  I curse him every time I read your posts!!! Your version of the English language makes puppies burst into flame!!!

PS I love exclamation points!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#21]
It boggles the mind to imagine how the founding fathers were able to cobble together the Bill of Rights without your well-reasoned and intelligent input.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
It boggles the mind to imagine how the founding fathers were able to cobble together the Bill of Rights without your well-reasoned and intelligent input.  

+1

And PS: I hope this thread never makes it to an Anti's site. It'll just reinforce their ideas that we're all inarticulate bubbas.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Thats what I was thinkin.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When all else fails, "fuck" should do the trick.

Try it at a large gathering "FUCK, listen to me!"
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats what I was thinkin.

Disagree because the "right of the people" alone would limit it to keep and bear arms only, without the necessity or cause of the right congress would restrict the militia.

An instance within the memory of some of this house will show us how our militia may be destroyed. Forty years ago, when the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliment was advised by an artful man, who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that is was the best and most effectual way to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually, by totally disusing and neglecting the militia. -- George Mason at the Virginia Ratification Convention, June 14, 1788

The founders already had experience of government destroying the militia and leaving the people subject to tyrannical standing armies.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
You can spell "fuck" correctly but spell "listen" as "lission."  <sigh>

I'd suggest studying more and posting less.  

......."fuck" has less letters
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#28]
The problem is the 1st ammendment should have been; " Being necessary to not be a fuckhead, the right of liberals and girlymen to vote or hold office shall be banned.  Penalty is death by fireing squad."

If it wasnt for all these MFers running amock, we probably wouldnt need a bill of rights at all.  All of it is basically common sense, if your not some kind of book burning nazi.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top