Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/14/2006 8:23:58 AM EDT
can you own a 14.5in upper with out a stamp, as long as it is not used with a lower in your home. I ask because I want to see if I could buy a short upper, this would shorten a m-16 drastically, giving me a option to the M9 ( so called handgun) I'm going to be a machinegun team leader and a full length m-16 gets in the way, so I carry a M9( a weapon i feel is unreliable at best) this would give moblity with accuracy and reliablity. of course I have to find out if i can do this(authorization) I thought I would ask around.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:25:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you a machinegun team leader on the Space Shuttle? I'm a Space Shuttle Door Gunner, and have been ever since they started the program when I was in Grenada serving under General Lee.....and I believe the answer to your question is yes
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#2]
fact is i have 10 years of space shuttle door gunning experience, and i can hit your smart ass from the moon. but thanks for the info
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#4]
TEAM LEADER!

Lo Muy Chingon!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#5]
hi, no door gunner here but if you don't have a rifle or a lower you don't have a gun.
so yes you can have a sub 16" upper.

also
if you have a pistol lower and a sub 16" upper but no butt stock your cool.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
fact is i have 10 years of space shuttle door gunning experience, and i can hit your smart ass from the moon. but thanks for the info

LEO or MIL?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#7]
No, not if you have any ARs or AR lowers. that is my understanding anyhow. I wouldn't do it even without however. Why?
Get the form1 and tax stamp.

Consider one with a perm phantom or vortex if that is what you want or just go for the tax stamp. It's only $200.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I love when people give these guys serious replies!  It never fails!  No matter how whacky the thread, someone will take you seriously!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't let these guys get to you.

IM me your duty station and I will get you all the info you need about the shorty upper.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#10]
doesn't your unit have any m4's?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

if they did don't you think the team leader would be the first to have one?  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#12]

*IF* this is for real and you just don't really know what the hell you are talking about, the upper is NOT a firearm. if you don't have anything at home to put a short upper on, go ahead. buy 10 of 'em for that matter.

if you have and AR at home that it can go on, fill out your form 1's and send them in with your check. $200 is much cheaper than what a lawyer will cost.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no it would probably be some staff officer with all the fancy add ons while the grunts have A2's.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:59:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
can you own a 14.5in upper with out a stamp, as long as it is not used with a lower in your home. I ask because I want to see if I could buy a short upper, this would shorten a m-16 drastically, giving me a option to the M9 ( so called handgun) I'm a machinegun team leader and a full length m-16 gets in the way, so I carry a M9( a weapon i feel is unreliable at best) this would give moblity with accuracy and reliablity. of course I have to find out if i can do this(authorization) I thought I would ask around.

What kind of "machinegun team" are you the leader of?  

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:04:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Ummm.....DK, this has already been covered, he is team leader for the Space Shuttle Door Gunner Machine Gun Team. Haven't you been paying attention??!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Enquiring minds want to know.....
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no it would probably be some staff officer with all the fancy add ons while the grunts have A2's.

maybe an A2 is a better choice for a door gunner.  they have to shoot long distances you know.  
now if they also have to do CQB inside the space shuddle then they need a shorty.  that thing is tight.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Can I put a 7.5" Kitty Cat upper on my rifle lower and play with it inside my house as long as I don't ever take it outside?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#20]
You can possess a shorty upper if:

A. You don't own a semi AR, OR...
B. Own a Semi AR, registered as a SBR, OR...
C. Own a registered M16/lower, OR...
D. Own a papered AR Pistol /Pistol Lower.

What it boils down to, is, you have to have a "legal configuration" to use the upper.

Examples:

Own a M16, an AR-15, and an extra shorty upper - yes (spare for M16)
Own a AR pistol, an AR, and an extra shorty upper - yes (spare for pistol)
Own a AR-15 (complete or lower only), and a shorty upper - no (constructuve possession)

(In any event, I wouldn't store the shorty next to the AR)

HKO
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Can I put a 7.5" Kitty Cat upper on my rifle lower and play with it inside my house as long as I don't ever take it outside?

yes but only when the TV show 24 is on.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It depends.

How often have you committed federal offenses behind closed doors?

On second thought, don't answer that..........

HKO
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't he claim last week to have left the service in 2004? InTHIS thread.

Quoted:
oooofuckingrah! this shit motovates me! I got out in oct 04 have regretted it every day since. I miss my life as a 0331.

Then there's this thread:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=272188 where he asks:

Quoted:
I'm currently looking for a m-4 style upper, I was looking at only 16in, but I noticed a 14.5in barrel are these legal? I live in oregon(if its a state thing)

Sheesh - if you want to violate NFA laws, just go ahead and do it.  (And send us a postcard from the pound-you-in-the-ass federal penetentiary)

But PLEASE don't lie.  It makes people testy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#24]
How many personel were on your team, morisdecontactus?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm just wondering what his other account name is.

He got the space shuttle door gunner joke so he's been around arfcom longer than Feb '06.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes but only when the TV show 24 is on.

A little know l00phole in the law!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
oooofuckingrah! this shit motovates me! I got out in oct 04 have regretted it every day since. I miss my life as a 0331.

Then there's this thread:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=272188 where he asks:

Quoted:
I'm currently looking for a m-4 style upper, I was looking at only 16in, but I noticed a 14.5in barrel are these legal? I live in oregon(if its a state thing)

Sheesh - if you want to violate NFA laws, just go ahead and do it.  (And send us a postcard from the pound-you-in-the-ass federal penetentiary)

my friend the day I meet you is the day you will be missing your front teeth.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Ooooh - an internet threat !!    (Make sure to bring your machinegun team)

Didn't you say last week that you left the service in 2004?

Didn't you say in this post that you are currently in the service?

If it's a misunderstanding, then please clear it up - that's all I ask.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice!

Buh bye!!

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Oh YEAH, well I used to train SEALS!!!

(you know, trained them to honk those little horns with their noses, balance beach balls and catch fish in their mouths...) Want to try some jerky?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Where's that beer/popcorn gif when a guy needs it.......

BC
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Ba-bye....  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#34]
didn't I say that I'm going active duty for one year??....that's right because you didn't ask...., because it is a time of war, and I have the honor of working with my one of my old staff sargents who is currently in charge company training at 6th mar, garnteed me a team leader position. may I add that we have maintain e-mail contact for the last 2 years and has been trying convence me go back in.........well I have done it. and one more thing mr. archives.....ask before pointing fingers. if you wish to contact him, if you need to pursue the matters closer here is his e-mail [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
didn't I say that I'm going active duty for one year??....that's right because you didn't ask...., because it is a time of war, and I have the honor of working with my one of my old staff sargents who is currently in charge company training at 6th mar, garnteed me a team leader position. may I add that we have maintain e-mail contact for the last 2 years and has been trying convence me go back in.........well I have done it. and one more thing mr. archives.....ask before pointing fingers. if you wish to contact him, if you need to pursue the matters closer here is his e-mail [email protected]

You got to be shitting me you misspelled sergeant!

Well that clears things up he must be a Marine

So you are a team leader, and you cannot spell your own rank?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#36]
10 pages, then a lock.

In the mean time, PM me and I'll let you know where to get da beamz for your deagle.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Please tell what unit you will be serving in, on what base.  Then I'll be able to find the relevant phone numbers myself and call the CO and check, instead of relying on some anonymous yahoo email address (that for all I know, you just registered 10 minutes ago).

Feel free to IM me the info, if you prefer not to post your unit and base location in this thread.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#38]
I always heard that bigger is better...

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Only on weed
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Are you a machinegun team leader on the Space Shuttle? I'm a Space Shuttle Door Gunner, and have been ever since they started the program when I was in Grenada serving under General Lee.....and I believe the answer to your question is yes

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#41]

Continue.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I just hope that if your telling the truth, which i doubt, your "team" is well trained as I fear they will have a leader that is not suited for leadership. That, you proved here by your responses.

So what outfit are you with?

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#43]
I am a machine gun team leader.

AWESOME!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#44]
I didn't know you could get the shorty uppers for Airsoft, I'll have to check out the websites.  As far as I know, they'd be legal...

You are talking about Airsoft, right?

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
@yahoo.com

well that says a lot right there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#46]
well gentleman, I believe this has became a finger pointing issue. if I wanted sarcasm I would of asked for it. I'm combat vet, that is going back in, for no other reason then fight terrorism, I'm giving up my job, saying good bye to family, and putting my education on hold. all becasue I want to serve my country again. I asked for advice because I have enjoyed ar-15 and respect the members on here. I live up to being american in many more ways then most....some perferr to spit on war heros, some run to canada during a draft, some join to fight, it's that kind of admiration I have earned and I would give anyone of you the benefit of doubt, before accusations.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm currently processing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
well gentleman, I believe this has became a finger pointing issue. if I wanted sarcasm I would of asked for it. I'm combat vet, that is going back in, for no other reason then fight terrorism, I'm giving up my job, saying good bye to family, and putting my education on hold. all becasue I want to serve my country again. I asked for advice because I have enjoyed ar-15 and respect the members on here. I live up to being american in many more ways then most....some perferr to spit on war heros, some run to canada during a draft, some join to fight, it's that kind of admiration I have earned and I would give anyone of you the benefit of doubt, before accusations.

Arfcom gives, more credit, than due when, it, comes to the, military.  Arfcom also realizes that a large portion of people claim to me more than they are on the interweb.  These are the people that tend to misspell their rank, give out @yahoo addresses to check their story, and are machine team leaders.

Please continue
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Your a combat vet?
See this is the part I dont get. If you are truly then what years did you serve in combat?

And when your service is verified, I will be the first to step up and apologize.

We get alot of trolls and wannabees around here. Your ill informed posts are classic signs.
Walks like a duck,.........

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:15:20 PM EDT
[#50]
PIT! PIT! PIT!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top