Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 8:17:48 AM EDT
I was called for JD in January, arranged to take the time off work, and it was settled out of court.  Got called again in Feb, arranged for time off, settled again.  Got another for March for a 2-day trial and I was going to be out of state so I was released.  In my mailbox yesterday, another notice for the end of March!

If I would actually be able to hear a case that would be great, but I just got a diversion in August.  If the new case even gets to trial I'll have to pretty up, find a parking spot, then get released due to my recent dealings with the law.  C'mon, I want to hang some bastard!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations, citizen!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:19:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Congratulations, citizen!

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#3]
You're making up for me being gone.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 If the new case even gets to trial I'll have to pretty up, find a parking spot, then get released due to my recent dealings with the law.  C'mon, I want to hang some bastard!

Tell them you support the death penalty for anything over a misdeamenor (sp) and that the criminal should have to do it themselves. Also go in jeans and a "vote from the rooftops" shirt. You might get on some watch list, but you won't have to go.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Another_Dude: KS has a funny system of selecting jurors.  Here in Calif, you get called for jury duty, you go do your 2 weeks or 1 case, and they won't call you again for at least 1 year, most of the time 2-3 years.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:24:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I really want to do my civic duty and be on a jury.  Same reason I have voted in every election since I turned 18 in 2000.  It is my civic responsibility to do both of these things
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Belfry_Express: Don't worry you will get plenty of oppurtunites.  I've served on something like 7 juries in the past 15 years or so. And everyone of them has been a learning experience, and I was surprised at the quality of everyday people just thrown together randomly at least in the Los Angeles County area.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:29:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Tell them you support the death penalty for anything over a misdeamenor (sp) and that the criminal should have to do it themselves. Also go in jeans and a "vote from the rooftops" shirt. You might get on some watch list, but you won't have to go.

I'm torn between my "Not Guilty" tee that my buddies got me after my arrest, "Vagitarian" tee, or "Gun Owner/Victim - Choose One" tee shirt.  Would a on my arm be a bad idea?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#9]
They call me up every few years, make me sit around all day, and I usually don't even see the inside of a courtroom.  It isn't just government inefficiency...where I live something like 60 percent of the population doesn't respond to court summons.

ETA: I am not complaing about serving, just that I don't actually get to do the job.  The one time I got into court they didn't choose me (and they seemed to not want any white guys in the jury).
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#10]
isn't it great to be able to serve your country at the threat of jail time and fine if you don't?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top