Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 5:39:49 AM EDT
I saw a guy in the plane yesterday with this embroidered on his rig. I looked it up.

And Lebanon is not sufficient to burn, nor the beasts thereof sufficient for a burnt-offering.

Must have lost someone in the Marine barracks bombing I figure.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:56:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting. Wonder if that Lebanon connection is really why that's there. Did he look old enough to have been a part of it, or maybe just knew someone there?

Either way, interesting thing to memorialize it with if so.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:02:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Interesting. Wonder if that Lebanon connection is really why that's there. Did he look old enough to have been a part of it, or maybe just knew someone there?

Ya, he could have been old enough, he also had some unit patch on his jumpsuit, not official issue but I dont recall what it said.
I'f he's around today I'm going to ask him about it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:19:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya, he could have been old enough, he also had some unit patch on his jumpsuit, not official issue but I dont recall what it said.

I'd be interested in knowing what he has to say. That was a fucking terrible day, I remember footage of Marines digging their buddies out of the rubble....sticks in my head and could have been the first time I really started scrutinizing the ROP.

The scrutiny is over....my judgement has arrived long ago.

If you get a chance to ask the guy about it, post it to this thread if you don't mind.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd be interested in knowing what he has to say. That was a fucking terrible day, I remember footage of Marines digging their buddies out of the rubble....sticks in my head and could have been the first time I really started scrutinizing the ROP.

The scrutiny is over....my judgement has arrived long ago.

If you get a chance to ask the guy about it, post it to this thread if you don't mind.

He's not around today. I'll keep an eye out for him though and post here when I get a chance to ask him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top