Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 9:36:57 PM EDT
I just saw on the news that Peter Tomarken was killed in a small plane accident between Santa Monica and here in San Diego.  His wife was the only other person on the plane.  She died too.

I guess the whammy caught up with him.

ETA:  These people are quick.  www.deadoraliveinfo.com/dead.nsf/tnames-nf/Tomarken+Peter

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, they always come in sixes.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Wonder how he felt when that one dude beat the board and won over $100k...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:34:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wonder how he felt when that one dude beat the board and won over $100k...

The Game Show Network (GSN) has a series called "Winning At Any Cost" that chronicles famous cheats.  The show on the "Press Your Luck' guy was awesome.  Everybody from those episodes came ack, except for the cheater guy who had died years ago.

Very cool to see them analyze that guy and to watch the look on his face as he calculated and hit the button.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:59:07 AM EDT
[#5]
He didn't cheat.  He just noticed that the pattern of game boards was simple and repeating, so all he had to do was wait until the board with the fewest whammies and most free spins came around and always stop on it.  It threw the odds way in his favor.  He outsmarted their game.

I remember watching that show when it first aired.  It was awesome.  i didn't find out until years later that he wasn't just freakin' lucky.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:04:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He didn't cheat.  He just noticed that the pattern of game boards was simple and repeating, so all he had to do was wait until the board with the fewest whammies and most free spins came around and always stop on it.  It threw the odds way in his favor.  He outsmarted their game.

I remember watching that show when it first aired.  It was awesome.  i didn't find out until years later that he wasn't just freakin' lucky.

I agree that it wasn't cheating.
That's just the way it's been spun.
I should have used "cheat" like this.

You could see that the guy was acting demented while he played.
His grin and that beard freaked me out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top