Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 8:10:38 PM EDT
eBay Security Center: Urgent eBay Account Update Request.

Dear eBay member,

We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your eBay account from a foreign IP address and we have reasons to believe that your account was hacked by a third party without your authorization.

If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you.

The login attempt was made from:

IP address: 82.76.16.240

IS Host: 82-76-16-240.rdsnet.ro.

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to temporally suspend your account.

We ask that you allow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated and we strongly recommend not to make any changes to your account in that time.

However, if you are the rightful holder of the account, click on the link below, fill the form and then submit as we try to verify your identity:
http://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?

eBay will request personal data (password, credit card/bank numbers, and so on) in this email.

Thank you for using eBay!
http://www.ebay.com/

Of course the fact that I don't HAVE a ebay account might be a clue.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I get about 87 of those a day from paypal
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Now that's funny.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Reply to them: "I like pie!"
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]
98% of people that use a computer don't know an IP address from a framastat widget and wouldn't hesitate to fall for this load of bullshit.

How do you think spammers and 419 scamers stay around?  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I get E-mails from them too.

As a matter of fact I got an E-mail one time saying I was the high bidder on a pair of Oakleys. When the dude E-mailed me for his money on a pair of glasses I didn't bid on (nor didi I have an E-bay account) I tried explaining to him what was going on and we went round and round, I even ended up getting a lawyer. When he finally gave up he gave the account that had my E-mail addy a bad review to "teach" me a lesson

Someone got screwed...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top