Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 4:12:25 PM EDT
I am thinking about some of the stackable models but am not sure I like the front loading models. I have always had a top loader.

I know someone here either sells of services home appliances.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked to see where its leaking from ?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
lets just say I'm using it as an excuse to upgrade its old enough that for all I know the tub had rusted thru.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a fan of stackables. We won't even work on them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#4]
USMC88-93: If you want a new washer or dryer, I would consult Consumer Reports at the local library to see  which are the more reliable brands and which brands to avoid.

Also the water on the floor could be just a leaky hose, or something, it would be worth a look-see, maybe it could save you several hundred dollars.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#5]
page dr frige but leave the spider pics out of it

fisher and paykel seems to be his favorite brand.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
page dr frige but leave the spider pics out of it

fisher and paykel seems to be his favorite brand.

Thanks for the great intro bastiat!!

Yes Fisher & Paykel!!! BEST washer and dryer.

Technician$ ju$t love $tackable wa$her$ and dryer$. and I have no idea why that i$
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I like my Kenmore Elite washer and drier.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I like my Kenmore Elite washer and drierDRYER.

And your qualifications are?

YEAH, THATS WHAT I THOUGHT!!!

Besides, "DRIER" is a filter used on refrigeration systems... what you have is a "DRYER"!!!

Sidenote... just messin with ya. Kenmore Elites are VERY nice units... they would DEFINITELY be in the top 5 on my list... actually in the TOP 2!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Homey D has 12 months same as cash / no interest for 12 months, ends 15 March.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I was thinking about the type that you can either put side by side or on top of each other.  Not the ones that are a one piece unit.  Is it just that they are harder to work on when actually stacked and as a result cost more to service.

Also what about the direct drive units as compared to the belt driven models.

Pardon me while I return to my shop vac in the basement swimming pool.  Damn its going to stink for weeks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Front loading washers are easier on clothes, typically use less water, and get your clothes cleaner.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like my Kenmore Elite washer and drierDRYER.

And your qualifications are?

YEAH, THATS WHAT I THOUGHT!!!

Besides, "DRIER" is a filter used on refrigeration systems... what you have is a "DRYER"!!!

Sidenote... just messin with ya. Kenmore Elites are VERY nice units... they would DEFINITELY be in the top 5 on my list... actually in the TOP 2!!!

Great, now all the Arfcommers have to remember to put a big I in drIer in addition to the already obligatory D in friDge......

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top