Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You should have kept the PTO winch.... more reliable then say an electric winch.

I'll keep my hydraulic winches... thank you...

BTW: you folks running gassers or diesel on your rig?

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You should have kept the PTO winch.... more reliable then say an electric winch.

I'll keep my hydraulic winches... thank you...

BTW: you folks running gassers or diesel on your rig?

I know the PTO would be better but that is a massive amount of weight hanging off the front end.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, I agree with you on that one.

I rarely see a hardtop FJ 40, they used to make 'em with a removable hardtop right? though the open top and no doors are much better on trail rides.....

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yep, I agree with you on that one.

I rarely see a hardtop FJ 40, they used to make 'em with a removable hardtop right? though the open top and no doors are much better on trail rides.....

I've still got my hardtop but haven't had it on for about two years.  It's a toy so I don't have to drive it every day.  Only drive it when I want to play in the desert.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I've still got my hardtop but haven't had it on for about two years.  It's a toy so I don't have to drive it every day.  Only drive it when I want to play in the desert.

Nice.... man. I wish they still make an all mechanical rig, straight axles, leaf springs front and rear, etc. You know, the simple approach to building a bulletproof 4x like the Landcruiser/FJ 40, old broncos, cj5/7, etc...

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice, that wouldt be a much better area to visit if it were farther away from "civilization".  Too many drunk assholes shooting in all directions for my taste.

Have also seen folks drive out of similar downhill situations, but the pictures never do it justice.  Can't imagine the throught process for something like than on an exposed trail with nothing to stop the roll for a few tens (or thousand ) feet.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
this is the worse we've had, just went in a ditch hidden by a deep snowdrift, we just drove right out though. but the fun meter was pegged.

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/barkleya/fenrisjeep.jpg

You drove right out of that?  I would think that, that you would need a little help getting out of that situation.

ETA - I don't do this very often but i've just got to.

no we drove right out, of course we didn't just turn the wheels to the left and pull out, but it was a long ditch and it was going downhill.
After the snowdrift sucked us in at the top I drove a short ways fighting it but couldn't pull it back out so I stopped. After considerin we were on top of a mountain with nothing up there and it was almost night and really cold, and the cost of a wrecker to come up there, I risked tearing up the right side and we were able to pull forward till the ditch itself got less deep and then ended lower, that's how we drove out. And you forced me to upload some other pics to prove it. Hate being considered with the bs flag.

you can see where the snowdrift 1st sucked the jeep in and how far I drove with the side of the jeep on the bank,

were we were 1st stopped

the ditch and our tracks after

and the right side of the jeep, which surprisingly didn't have anything wrong with it, likely because of the deep snow on the side of the bank

Never underestimate a jeep.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Some good looking Jeeps here, and some that need a little work.

Here's my junk, you might recognize it, might not...I'm Tim Nuccio.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:52:29 PM EDT
[#9]
My first, and I am sure not the last....

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:05:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
this is the worse we've had, just went in a ditch hidden by a deep snowdrift, we just drove right out though. but the fun meter was pegged.

You drove right out of that?  I would think that, that you would need a little help getting out of that situation.

no we drove right out, of course we didn't just turn the wheels to the left and pull out, but it was a long ditch and it was going downhill.
After the snowdrift sucked us in at the top I drove a short ways fighting it but couldn't pull it back out so I stopped. After considerin we were on top of a mountain with nothing up there and it was almost night and really cold, and the cost of a wrecker to come up there, I risked tearing up the right side and we were able to pull forward till the ditch itself got less deep and then ended lower, that's how we drove out. And you forced me to upload some other pics to prove it. Hate being considered with the bs flag.

you can see where the snowdrift 1st sucked the jeep in and how far I drove with the side of the jeep on the bank,

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/barkleya/Img3732.jpg

were we were 1st stopped

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/barkleya/Img3740.jpg

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/barkleya/Img3737.jpg

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/barkleya/Img3735.jpg

and the right side of the jeep, which surprisingly didn't have anything wrong with it, likely because of the deep snow on the side of the bank

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/barkleya/Img3744.jpg

I STAND CORRECTED!  I ALSO SEND A PUBLIC APOLOGY FOR MY LACK OF RESPECT.

Thanks for the extra pictures BTW.  Jeeps are fun as hell but they scare me.  Had a friend jack-knife his while hauling a trailer and was paralized from the waist down.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:28:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/barkleya/Img3732.jpg

were we were 1st stopped

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/barkleya/Img3740.jpg

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/barkleya/Img3737.jpg

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/barkleya/Img3735.jpg

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/barkleya/Img3744.jpg

I STAND CORRECTED!  I ALSO SEND A PUBLIC APOLOGY FOR MY LACK OF RESPECT.

Thanks for the extra pictures BTW.  Jeeps are fun as hell but they scare me.  Had a friend jack-knife his while hauling a trailer and was paralized from the waist down.

Sorry to hear about your friend..

I don't think I would ever try to tow anything bigger than a single jet-ski trailer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:37:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice.... man. I wish they still make an all mechanical rig, straight axles, leaf springs front and rear, etc. You know, the simple approach to building a bulletproof 4x like the Landcruiser/FJ 40, old broncos, cj5/7, etc...

they do,  it's not available in the US though...

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:47:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's one for you:

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:55:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Hell of a RIDE, glad you didn't get hurt, looks like a fun day
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:06:12 AM EDT
[#15]
You guys have to stop doing that to SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!  THINK OF THE TREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either that or just keep on having fun.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:28:08 AM EDT
[#16]
I STAND CORRECTED! I ALSO SEND A PUBLIC APOLOGY FOR MY LACK OF RESPECT.

not at all. No apology required, I wasn't offended anyhow, I might not have believed it from someone else based on 1 photo either.

ya do have to be careful in them, I've seen a lot of rollovers in pics on some jeep sites, those gfuys seem to enjoy it.
also sorry about your friend, I had a friend who was paralyzed from the shoulders down also, but from a .22.
I drive careful on the highway and don't do any of that real 4 wheeling some of these people here do. I just wanted a vehicle that could get us basically anywhere we wanted to go in any weather.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:34:33 AM EDT
[#17]

watch out... dont run over the doggie......
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

they do,  it's not available in the US though...

home.comcast.net/~c.duarte/lcpickup.jpg

that right there is a nice rig, I'd bob the bed though....

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:40:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Anybody going wheeling this weekend?  I'm thinking I might go again on Monday.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Anybody going wheeling this weekend?  I'm thinking I might go again on Monday.

My junk is broke, and it's too cold to fix it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top