Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 9:19:13 AM EDT
At least according to the book I'm reading by Dr. Claire Hutchinson.  That's a whole lot of money!  According to Dr. Hutchingson they conduct numerious controlled studies on things such as the best birth control methods in relation to affectiveness and enjoyment.  I wonder how much they pay the study 'workers'?

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#1]
We could have saved them a whole lot of money on the masturbation is not as good as real sex study.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Gee Patty, I would work for free.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Gee Patty, I would work for free.

I pretty much walked myself into that one.  Now Bob, before you start giving away your talents it might interest you to know what is required.  There are some tests conducted that just leave you with that "WTF?" feeling such as The prolonged stimulation with out gratification will result to....study.  Shall I put you down for that one?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Patty, the gov has been very active in sex research from the very beginning.  The program is called the United States Marine Corps.  That band of intrepid researchers has been studying sexual issues all over the world.  In conversation with Marines of all ages, I found it to be their prime mission, followed by drinking and warfare.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Patty, the gov has been very active in sex research from the very beginning.  The program is called the United States Marine Corps.  That band of intrepid researchers has been studying sexual issues all over the world.  In conversation with Marines of all ages, I found it to be their prime mission, followed by drinking and warfare.

Gives a new meaning to "Send in the Marines"
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Your not kidding! I would be very distressed!!!!!!! But it was good for a laugh....
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Great. Tossing out money like it grows on trees...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#8]
More like tossing it out like money comes from printing presses that they can run at whim.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#9]
12 Billion must buy a lot of hookers.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#10]
"We can't build a wall with Mexico, it would be too expensive!!!"

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
"We can't build a wall with Mexico, it would be too expensive!!!"

They would just climb it, tenacious bastards.  We would have to have guard posts all along the border as well, which would be too expensive.  The trick is deporting the ones we catch here instead of letting them go.    
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#12]
If they're still trying to figure out how to use sex as a weapon, they can talk to my wife if they give me a billion.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Is there anything I can do to help?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Part A. Slot B. How's that for technique?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I have an idea, lets give that money to the space program, how many variations of insert tab a into slot b can there be?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Better yet give the money to cancer research.

People have been having sex for millennia without any help from the gummint.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

ahw yes but they've also been screwed by the gummint for ions as well.  Nice to have some documentation to show for it.

Patty
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#18]
20 billion wasted on recycling (huge net energy cost, never savings) too. Add that to the drug war and you are swimming in cash to build some nuke plants, refineries, and pay down the debt some.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ahw yes but they've also been screwed by the gummint for ions as well.  Nice to have some documentation to show for it.

Patty

Good point.

I saw a show on Discovery recently where, in one such study, they had a couple doing it in a CAT scan tunnel. Well, it was more like 'penetrate and hold that pose' for 15 or 20 minutes.

edit to move the '

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
At least according to the book I'm reading by Dr. Claire Hutchinson.  That's a whole lot of money!  According to Dr. Hutchingson they conduct numerious controlled studies on things such as the best birth control methods in relation to affectiveness and enjoyment.  I wonder how much they pay the study 'workers'?

That number (12 billion) can't be right.  The federal government's leading biomedical & behavioral research agency, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) has a total budget of 27.8 billion.  Of that amount, only 15.1 billion is allocated to NIH's 27 institutes and centers for research studies.  Most of the research money goes to the National Cancer Institute (4.8 billion), the  National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (4.3 billion) and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (2.9 billion). That's 12 out of 15 billion right there in just 3 of their 27 institutes and centers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
20 billion wasted on recycling (huge net energy cost, never savings) too. Add that to the drug war and you are swimming in cash to build some nuke plants, refineries, and pay down the debt some.

Or even<GASP> lower taxes for us schmucks that are actually paying taxes!

wganz

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#22]

They got 12 billion in funding?

That team of government research hookers that came to my house was holding out on me!!  To think I had sex with them for free, just in the name of research !!  

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
They got 12 billion in funding?

That team of government research hookers that came to my house was holding out on me!!  To think I had sex with them for free, just in the name of research !!  

You were used.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top