Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/13/2006 7:27:54 AM EDT
I bought one for the new RRA NM upper I bought, havent used it yet. Any comments. I have a couple Deweys too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:32:43 AM EDT
You've got the rod. We're waiting for a product review from YOU.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:45:17 AM EDT
Well that requires a dirty rifle, which I don't have at this time. Will rectify that as soon as I get time to get out and foul one up!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:51:55 AM EDT
I suppose "stuff" won't stick to the graphite rod like it might with the Dewey plastic coated, which I use. I just wipe the rod before running it thru the barrel. And with graphite you should get another 5 to 10 feet distance when you flip the patches off the jag.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:54:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By callgood:
I suppose "stuff" won't stick to the graphite rod like it might with the Dewey plastic coated, which I use. I just wipe the rod before running it thru the barrel. And with graphite you should get another 5 to 10 feet distance when you flip the patches off the jag.

Lol!

I usually rig an empty jug of some sort at the muzzle with tape to catch all that stuff..
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:58:40 AM EDT
I have a dewey and a tipton.

I am purchasing more tiptons. If that gives you any idea.

The crap stays on the dewey.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:58:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Valkyrie:

Originally Posted By callgood:

Lol!

I usually rig an empty jug of some sort at the muzzle with tape to catch all that stuff..

Yep! A plastic 2 liter coke jug works great and no taping required for most firearms. I clean all day and throw the whole thing in the trash when I'm done.

And I thought I was the only one smart enough to figure that one out!
Top Top