Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 8:38:03 PM EDT
For those of you WITHOUT children in the house, how do you store them?

I keep a loaded mag next to my bed, and the AR in the closet with the bolt catch engaged.

It stays locked when my little brother is here on the weekends.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The CCW goes in the nightstand when I go to bed. The HD AR just leans in the corner by the bed, loaded, all the time.

Everything else stays in the gun safe.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I just lay them about the house, but I'm careful to put a post-it note on each reminding people not to touch.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just lay them about the house, but I'm careful to put a post-it note on each reminding people not to touch.

Haha, I'll have to try the Post It note thing when my little brother is here.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#4]
On the shelf next to my jars of poop.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:44:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The CCW goes in the nightstand when I go to bed. The HD AR just leans in the corner by the bed, loaded, all the time.

CCW for self defense, and the AR in case you're fighting large game such as zombies? =-P
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Pistols all loaded and ready to go in the safe.  

The complete ARs are unloaded, and locked with a cable lock through the action and in gun cases.

Edit - I live alone.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#7]

If you have no chidlren that can get a hold of it... why not have have the mag in there and chambered?  Just wondering...

I'm in urban area, so I stick with a loaded shotty in cloest and a 45 in the nightstand... all chambered and ready to go.  Also have a drop-bag of 00 with 2 spare clip inside.

~nb
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#8]
whats this 'firearms' you speak of ??

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you have no chidlren that can get a hold of it... why not have have the mag in there and chambered?  Just wondering...

I'm in urban area, so I stick with a loaded shotty in cloest and a 45 in the nightstand... all chambered and ready to go.  Also have a drop-bag of 00 with 2 spare clip inside.

~nb

I just don't like the idea of leaving a loaded gun lying around.  Such as someone breaking in while I'm asleep and using it against me.  Kind of a hypothetical situation by a longshot, but I usually just keep it leaning against the couch (in my room) when I go to bed, so all I have to do is pop it in and release the bolt catch.

The mag is in my nightstand where I can grab it easily, but in the dark, not easily seen, because it's black
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a child in the house, he knows not to touch anything he is not given permission to touch or else it will be his ass. That said I take my CWL firearm off everyday and put it in the drawer by my bed.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#11]
.22 and shotgun, in the corner of the room... Pistol on my desk
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#12]
are you doing an online "case" of everyones houses
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#13]
12 guage and a 9mm AR in the bedroom, everything else is in the safe I think
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CCW for self defense, and the AR in case you're fighting large game such as zombies? =-P

The AR is for anything that goes "bump" in the night. It has a light and an Aimpoint that I just leave on all the time.

The only reason the CCW goes in the nightstand is because it's convenient.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I have children in the house, all girls, and my wife, who sleeps like a log.......I have the handgun with two loaded mags, (federal Hydra-Shoks), in the safe, gun has the breech open so all I have to do I slide in a mag and release the slide........The AR is standing in the safe, bolt catch engaged, three full 30's ready to go......2 mags of M855, and one of .223 hollow points.....safe is locked at all times, until bed time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have a child in the house, he knows not to touch anything he is not given permission to touch or else it will be his ass. That said I take my CWL firearm off everyday and put it in the drawer by my bed.  

hooooooooo boy......

Can you spring for a gunVault?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

~nb

You keep a garand ready to go?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Ive got a 2 year old, therefore the Hi Power (.40 cal) and the M4 stay loaded without a round in the chamber, pistol on nightstand, carbine leaning against corner next to nightstand.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hooooooooo boy......

I have a safe in the house, it is off-limits. I grew up with my own gun cabinet in my bedroom from the time I was eight years old, I had a Winchester 30-30, a H&R .410, a 10/22, a Ruger single six, and a colt 1903. It might even cause more despair in your heart to know I had the ammo for each and every one of them readily available.

My dad would have beat the shit out of me or my brother if we ever did anything with a firearm he didn't allow. I am perpetuating the same sort of thinking into my son.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#20]
All over the friggin place, seriously, I'm running out of room.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

WTF MAN!..... FUCK!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hooooooooo boy......

I have a safe in the house, it is off-limits. I grew up with my own gun cabinet in my bedroom from the time I was eight years old, I had a Winchester 30-30, a H&R .410, a 10/22, a Ruger single six, and a colt 1903. It might even cause more despair in your heart to know I had the ammo for each and every one of them readily available.

My dad would have beat the shit out of me or my brother if we ever did anything with a firearm he didn't allow. I am perpetuating the same sort of thinking into my son.  

Yeah, My dad would have done the same, but I can think of many occasions when I was a kid, that my younger brother and I fingerfucked the hell out of his guns, when nobody was home.......  

I was raised with/around guns as well.  I was smart enough to never do anything stupid, but that didn't mean I never played with them.

Kids will do LOTS of things simply because they're not supposed to.  You need to think strongly on that.

If you honestly think that's a good enough reason, lemme tell you something.....  You're dead wrong.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF MAN!..... FUCK!

Don't you know you gotta keep that stuff for SAFE disposal, since the gov't randomly takes samples from the 'public sewer system' to see what kinda illegal drugs and stuff you might be using ?

Duhhhhh  

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF MAN!..... FUCK!

Don't you know you gotta keep that stuff for SAFE disposal, since the gov't randomly takes samples from the 'public sewer system' to see what kinda illegal drugs and stuff you might be using ?

Duhhhhh  

Yeah, you're right that makes total sense now.......Well off I go.....need me some dem jars.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Nope... just shotgun and a pistol.  I'll probably get flamed for saying the following (especially on here) but I don't care much for SHTF stiuation.  I mean, I have extra ammo and stuff... but I don't have it in a pack or anything.  I figure if SHTF, I'm going to get home and stay there... protect my family.  As I'm watching my front door... my wife can start loading the mags

As for 'bump-in-the-night'... if I can't resolve it with a shotgun and 45, not sure if a battle rifle would be of help.  Remember, I'm urban country, lol.

~nb
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:07:09 PM EDT
[#26]
double post... sorry
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I keep them in the safe, minus a shotgun, AR, and a couple of handguns.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:13:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hooooooooo boy......

Yeah, My dad would have done the same, but I can think of many occasions when I was a kid, that my younger brother and I fingerfucked the hell out of his guns, when nobody was home.......  

I was raised with/around guns as well.  I was smart enough to never do anything stupid, but that didn't mean I never played with them.

Kids will do LOTS of things simply because they're not supposed to.You need to think strongly on that.

If you honestly think that's a good enough reason, lemme tell you something.....  You're dead wrong.

I'm sorry the shortcomings of you authority figuries prevented you from treating firearms in the manner that they should have been, if you were indeed allowed or felt it OK to "fingerfuck" firearms at such an age then you were not ready for that responsibility. Age doesn't matter in these cases, it all boils down to who is ready and if you did not respect that, even after instructed to then that is your personal inept action and not that of a responsible person.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#29]
CHL Handgun gets placed in its tupperware on the nightstand nightly. in the safe the AR, AK, 12GA are loaded with nothing in the chamber, SHTF almost ready.

Um.. And the 10/22  is loaded as well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top