Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/12/2006 7:31:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 7:42:16 PM EDT by 22bad]
Driver's licenses for "illegals" unjust reward for lawbreaking
Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 03/12/06
Many of my fellow residents and I oppose granting New Jersey driver's licenses to illegal immigrants — no exceptions. We ask Assemblyman Joseph Vas, D-Middlesex, to retract his legislative proposal that would accomplish this because it is wrong and it is illegal.
Vas stated that his bill was needed to afford opportunities to a "work force in demand." By which employers? The answer is simple: illegal employers. Legal employers follow our laws and never hire people without verifying the proper identification. The illegal employers who Vas wants to serve need to be punished themselves for failure to obey federal and state employment and tax laws.

Due to the enormity of the problem (12 million lawbreakers in the United States), Vas' hand seems to be forced in working to grant that which is unfair to others. He wishes to offer lawbreakers the same driving privileges as those patiently waiting in line to become Americans? That's absurd.

Vas may represent heavily Latino Perth Amboy, but he doesn't represent the wishes of most New Jerseyans and certainly not those of most Americans, regardless of ethnicity. This is not immigration reform he advocates; this is unconditional surrender to others who wish to dictate the rules, after breaking them, by using only their sheer number as a bully pulpit.

I hope the power of reason dictates the result in this matter and that such silly proposals fall on deaf ears.

Marc LeVine

BOROUGH COUNCILMAN

FREEHOLD
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:39:59 PM EDT
Great. Everyone's jumping on the 'undocumented' asskissing bandwagon, huh?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:41:42 PM EDT
In Chicago they said that the politicians were there even though illegals don't vote.....or maybe they do in Chicago
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:44:06 PM EDT
Every time I try to clean it up I get the 404 page

Here is the link www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060312/OPINION/603120375/1030

Here is the title
Driver's licenses for "illegals" unjust reward for lawbreaking(NJ dem wants to give DLs to illegals)
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:48:17 PM EDT
Top Top