Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/12/2006 6:25:35 PM EDT
I know I'm not a team member and I am really not trying to be a dick or stir the pot, but I have a question.  Why is this site so worried about calling spades spades?   Why is it that muslims are a protected class and we have to be very careful about what is said about the ROP yet anything else (pretty much) goes?  No account locks or bans for shitting on Christians.  I mean, we know these assholes started a war with us and it seems as if the ONE place we can vent and talk about it we have to walk on eggshells.  Who cares what some asshole googles about us?  They already hate us anyways, WTF?  I mean no disrespect.  But I want to know the reason we strive to keep it so vanilla here.  Legal liability?  Morals?  Worried that Sarah Brady will take us off her Christmas card list?  Discuss.

BTW, sorry about the spelling and grammer.  I've been drinking.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The website is owned by the Avilas. What they say goes and if you dont like it...see ya!

When you are here you are in the Avila's home and you best respect your hosts or you'll be asked to leave. I think that's fair enough and I've had my account locked a few times for not respecting that so I know of which I speak.

If you ever meet any of them you will understand they deserve your respect. I dont always agree with Ed and Juan but I do understand I am in their home and business and I try to play by their rules.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#3]

I think the main reason is they don't want this place to become Full-Auto.com.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you ever meet any of them you will understand they deserve your respect. I dont always agree with Ed and Juan but I do understand I am in their home and business and I try to play by their rules.

I know, but I just wish they'd do something to keep those damn Canadians off the site.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#6]
All topics are to be intelligently discussed-or had fun with-but shouldn't degenerate into name-calling pissing matches.  It's there to insure that people remain civil and above-board, which makes it enjoyable for the 95, 000 members.

No one says you can't call a spade a spade, but people need to be sophisticated enough to disagree in an appropriate fashion without denegrating the opposing viewpoints.  There are SOME topics that have been beaten to death, and the general feelings from most members are well-known, such as ROP...these topics approach incitement and it'll become a feeding frenzy soon afterwards.

HH
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#7]
IBTL
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

J3\/\/$

Oh yeah, and what pooby said too.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

J3\/\/$

Oh yeah, what pooby said.

Always the dang jews!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#11]
We're apparently high-profile, unlike quite a few other gun boards.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I know of at least one banned member who's offending post contained the single word "discuss."
You types your words and takes your chances.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I know of at least one banned member who's offending post contained the single word "discuss."
You types your words and takes your chances.

fair enough.  I got my answer.  Carry on.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#14]
We are given alot more freedom here than many other sites i read.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Enough spamming with Muslim threads by EdAvilaSr

I can understand not having mutiple threads open on the same subject.

But shouldn't  it be OK to limit the mutiple bashing of Christians and our beliefs to one thread with all the others locked?

Seems only fair.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#16]
There's nothing wrong with bashing the ROP, you can do it here without repurcussion.

The trick is to do it using thinly veiled language.

You can do the same with illegals, women, pretty much any group you wish to stereotype.

Oh, you can outright bash the gays tho. That seems to be fair game.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
There's nothing wrong with bashing the ROP, you can do it here without repurcussion.

You can do the same with illegals, women, pretty much any group you wish to stereotype.

+1

I've seen many threads that bash just about every "protected" group you can think of. You just have to know how to do it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#18]
If you go to one of the MANY websites that allow unlimited "name calling"
and "fantasy scenarios" regarding people of different colors\religions
you'll probablly notice that there is not a whole lot of rational discussion
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If you go to one of the MANY websites that allow unlimited "name calling"
and "fantasy scenarios" regarding people of different colors\religions
you'll probablly notice that there is not a whole lot of rational discussion

Yeah so what's your point?

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, but I just wish they'd do something to keep those damn Canadians off the site.

PTHPTHTPTPTPTPTPTTH!

Take off eh, yah hoser!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Where are all the forums where the 88s and other social misfits hung out?  How long did they last? Most of the people here are decent people.  The rotten ones come and go.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#22]
If this pace lgets overrun by  88s , anarchists  or whatever like has happened to some other boards
people will run away in droves as they do want to be associated and probably land on some watch list
Then the #s go down they can't get as much for ad space  , no more updates  or worse cannot pay for bandwidth then the site goes bye bye  or stays around  with a small group of  hardcore retards  and becomes a joke like a few other borads

Survivial pure and simple
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Question about the COC: Why are we so worried about being PC?

Advertisers and the $$$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

*cough*1911forum.com*cough*
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Genocide is a bad thing mkay?

Explain that to the guy who started this thread
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I've seen many threads that bash just about every "protected" group you can think of. You just have to know how to do it.

Yep.
Just be smart about it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Question about the COC: Why are we so worried about being PC?

Advertisers and the $$$$$$$$$

+1.  This is a commercial website geared to making money for the owners and the advertisers.  The advertisers and dealers come here for the members aka the "community", and ARCOM has to run a fairly fine line in allowing the appearance of free discussion to keep the community happy on the one hand and shut down offensive discussions that would cause a mass outflow of members on the other.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You can say anything you want to about the terrorist - I routinely unleash my rather vulgar vocabulary upon them. What you can't say is kill all the Muslims - kill them all is actually a crime against humanity and it is punishable by death and other bad things.

I've been on this board since the first day it was lit up and read about 200,000 posts give or take a few ten thousand and have not yet read one single solitary post stating "kill all the Christians". (until the next poster below me post that)

People saying that are asking the military to murder in their name and that's just fucking crazy and stupid. You're not going to ask the average infantry man in today's Marine Corp to murder 3000 men, women and children in their offices, homes, and schools and then expect that person to come back to the country that hired him and let him loose. It can't be done. How long do you think any country on the planet is going to stand by as American Marines and army soldiers march through their streets gathering up the Jews Muslims? I would hope that the military would stage a coop way before that and destroy the government itself for ordering the murder of a complete people of 1.9 billion people on the planet.

Ask them to hunt down every mother flooking pig fat sucking terrorist is a completely different thing.

How do we tell the good ones from the bad ?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You can say anything you want to about the terrorist - I routinely unleash my rather vulgar vocabulary upon them. What you can't say is kill all the Muslims - kill them all is actually a crime against humanity and it is punishable by death and other bad things.

I've been on this board since the first day it was lit up and read about 200,000 posts give or take a few ten thousand and have not yet read one single solitary post stating "kill all the Christians". (until the next poster below me post that)

People saying that are asking the military to murder in their name and that's just fucking crazy and stupid. You're not going to ask the average infantry man in today's Marine Corp to murder 3000 men, women and children in their offices, homes, and schools and then expect that person to come back to the country that hired him and let him loose. It can't be done. How long do you think any country on the planet is going to stand by as American Marines and army soldiers march through their streets gathering up the Jews Muslims? I would hope that the military would stage a coop way before that and destroy the government itself for ordering the murder of a complete people of 1.9 billion people on the planet.

Ask them to hunt down every mother flooking pig fat sucking terrorist is a completely different thing.

Build a bridge out of them!

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of the penalties of being a civilized people, one I accept gladly.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
All topics are to be intelligently discussed-or had fun with-but shouldn't degenerate into name-calling pissing matches.  It's there to insure that people remain civil and above-board, which makes it enjoyable for the 95, 000 members.

No one says you can't call a spade a spade, but people need to be sophisticated enough to disagree in an appropriate fashion without denegrating the opposing viewpoints.  There are SOME topics that have been beaten to death, and the general feelings from most members are well-known, such as ROP...these topics approach incitement and it'll become a feeding frenzy soon afterwards.

HH

Garry, I honestly couldn't have said it better myself if I tried.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:32:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I like pie.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I like pie.

I love pie!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I know I'm not a team member and I am really not trying to be a dick or stir the pot, but I have a question.  Why is this site so worried about calling spades spades?   Why is it that muslims are a protected class and we have to be very careful about what is said about the ROP yet anything else (pretty much) goes?  No account locks or bans for shitting on Christians.  I mean, we know these assholes started a war with us and it seems as if the ONE place we can vent and talk about it we have to walk on eggshells.  Who cares what some asshole googles about us?  They already hate us anyways, WTF?  I mean no disrespect.  But I want to know the reason we strive to keep it so vanilla here.  Legal liability?  Morals?  Worried that Sarah Brady will take us off her Christmas card list?  Discuss.

I think it's fears of a backlash and/or people crying discrimination.  Your best bet if you want to have that kind of discussion with people on here is to take it onto IM.  Most of the membership feels the same way you do.  I'm not even Christian (I don't think I should go further with that) and I have nothing against calling a spade a spade.  Also, just try using different words that express the same thing, people generally for some reason tend to view things differently depending on how you say it, even if it's essentially the same thing.  When I'm talking about our current enemy on here, I always call them "Terrorists" "Insurgents" "Militants" "Extremists" or combinations thereof.  A lot of it also is that as gun owners, the media portrays us negatively (and we have a few bad apples in our own ranks) which means that public opinion tends to be biased against us (damn sheeple always believe what they're told) so many of us feel a need to be PC in an attempt to improve our unfairly tarnished public image as gun owners, freedom advocates and Constitution supporters.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like pie.

I love pie!

I'm eating pie. Seriously. Banana Cream.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like pie.

I love pie!

I'm eating pie. Seriously. Banana Cream.

I prefer Key Lime, myself.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:54:38 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

God, ain't that the truth!!  The 1911 forums have got to be the most over-moderated gun forum on the net.  Not only are about 80% of the moderators assholes, but they seem to get some type of mall ninja commando hard on for locking peoples threads and accounts for very mundane disagreements and then turn right around and insult members. example- calling them lazy for not using the search feature before posting.

Check out this post...  1911 forum moderators  
Think maybe the little police badge that goes with their moderator staus is a nice touch.  Can't make it as a real officer, so they lord it over internet surfers.

rant over
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

God, ain't that the truth!!  The 1911 forums have got to be the most over-moderated gun forum on the net.  Not only are about 80% of the moderators assholes, but they seem to get some type of mall ninja commando hard on for locking peoples threads and accounts for very mundane disagreements and then turn right around and insult members. example- calling them lazy for not using the search feature before posting.

Check out this post...  1911 forum moderators  
Think maybe the little police badge that goes with their moderator staus is a nice touch.  Can't make it as a real officer, so they lord it over internet surfers.

rant over

Geez, that's awful, glad our mods don't do that stuff.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:01:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
<snip>

<snip>

Ummm, err...even against Liberals?

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#42]
We can still trash the Irish all we want though, right?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:09:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Geez, that's awful, glad our mods don't do that stuff.  

No kidding.  Arfcom Rocks!  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

<snip>

Ummm, err...even against Liberals?

They wipe themselves out, so it doesn't count.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:30:30 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try professionalsoldiers.com.  Lots of info, very interesting actual SF types hanging around, but damn, don't even THINK about asking questions, posting in threads, or talking about anything unless you're current/former SF or a "friend" of same.  You can expect to get banned for things such as posting in the wrong parts of the site and failing to use the Search feature, along with failing to introduce yourself.  It constitutes what the moderators call a "lack of SA".  I haven't been banned there, but that's only because I try to lurk whenever possible.  Hell, I almost got banned for posting in a thread about M4's because I'm 21 and "barely old enough to own a rifle" and because I have no military experience (blind in right eye, I'd go if they'd let me ).  Nothing on the thread said those things were required and I deleted my post when I noticed the mess I had brought onto myself.  The exact same things I posted were later posted by a 18B (SF Weapons Sergeant) without incident to him.  ARFCOM is far more friendly, please let's keep it that way.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:36:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Octopus5alive ,
Having to worry about weather or not what I type is
"PC" enough for the sight is why I have not become
a paying member.

Anti-profanity blocker,OK.
BOTD blocked ,OK .
Things that use up to much bandwidth locked,OK.
Pissing matches blocked ,OK.

Locked because I question authority ,or because I believe
everyone should understand that we're being invaded ?

I'm not paying for that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:54:46 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I think you'll catch on soon enough. Just read more than you post then you'll see what you can and can't say. Or like me you can learn the hardway. OUCH! But what i mean is look at the way some of the people here post, There is a "general fear"  in America today, I call it 'Sept 10th syndrome'. Most people just wanna go back to the way it was before. Also some people are just slow on the uptake because they dont keep up with current evets, They reley on the MSM too much. The problem is this, Most people CANNOT and WILL NOT accept the idea that we might be at war with an entire "culture" or religion. It's too much for them to bear. So they find one of the "excuses" floating out there and latch on to it like a pitbull on a 5 year olds face.  Heres a good one (among the right)  - "oh Islam has just been highjacked by a few extremeists, If we surgically remove them things we can win the rests hearts and minds"(sounds like vietnam to me)  These people still see critical remarks about Muslims as "unhelpful" or outright racist (even if they are TRUE). So they Stifle speech in the hopes that, uh , well, um , hell if i know but they obviously think it accomplishes something. They also seem to over look the fact that when given the chance at a free election they ALWAYS choose a fundmentalist Sharia party to rule. So much for a small radical minority. Another popular one (among the left) is the 'Vietnam part deux' excuse. They see anyone who is a terrorist as an "oppressed minority", a "freedom fighter against western imperialism& Zionism" Etc ETc. These are the people who wagged thier finger at the Danish cartoonists while making excuses for those who rioted and attacked. While some are just plain chicken shit, These are the Neville Chamberlins of the world who just don't wanna deal with the coming crises. They want to go back to watching American Idol or Sports,  They hope by appeasing the "arab street" and by acting like a good submissive Dhimmi the "mean crazy guy" will go away. So what does this have to do with this board? Well these same attitudes and others are still prevalent here. Plus i gotz my own pet theory that i will E-mail you...............
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:01:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:06:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:12:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Advertising equals money.

If an advertiser get their panties in a wad, it means less money.

That and there are a number of sactimonious politically correct members that feel it's perfectly fine to thoroughly trash white male christians and absolutely no one else to prove how open minded and tolerant they are.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top