BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:22:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
But getting back on subject I'm just going to say it is what it is - Everything, I need to know about the ROP I learned on 09/11/01.

Hmmm, I was threatened by two Staff members here with banishment for posting "that" pic which says the exact same thing.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:53:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Advertising equals money.

If an advertiser get their panties in a wad, it means less money.

I'm really not sure I buy that. Were that true, I would expect to see less of the following:

1. Poop/bodily function threads. The blatant ones get locked, the crafty ones don't.

2. Manufacturer bashing. We routinely slam various advertisers. Sometimes it's warranted, sometimes it isn't. ASA used to get relentlesly bashed. If what you said was true, all threads bashing an advertiser would be heavily moderated, deleted or locked.

3. Religion threads. Sure the shit-stirring ones get locked, but there's still a healthy dose of good old fashioned bashing on a regular basis. No religion is spared, as far as I can see. Atheists bash Christians, Christians bash Atheists, both bash Muslims, etc.

4. Gay threads. I'm hard pressed to think of anything more "politically incorrect" than gay bashing, yet we do it CONSTANTLY. I would completely understand an advertiser becoming weary of being associated with homophobic members, given the political climate in which we live. Still, we relentlessly relish every opportunity to call something or somebody gay. The faggotry is strong with this one, gaydar has detected gheyness in your post, this thread is inconceivably gay, etc, etc, etc. Hell, I do it all the time. It's fun.

There are TONS of things allowed on this site. For the most part, the only topics that get locked or deleted are either blatantly awful, obvious trolls, or an attempt at beating a dead horse. I just don't see any evidence of catering to advertisers.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:29:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:32:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Advertising equals money.

If an advertiser get their panties in a wad, it means less money.

I'm really not sure I buy that. Were that true, I would expect to see less of the following:

1. Poop/bodily function threads. The blatant ones get locked, the crafty ones don't.

2. Manufacturer bashing. We routinely slam various advertisers. Sometimes it's warranted, sometimes it isn't. ASA used to get relentlesly bashed. If what you said was true, all threads bashing an advertiser would be heavily moderated, deleted or locked.

3. Religion threads. Sure the shit-stirring ones get locked, but there's still a healthy dose of good old fashioned bashing on a regular basis. No religion is spared, as far as I can see. Atheists bash Christians, Christians bash Atheists, both bash Muslims, etc.

4. Gay threads. I'm hard pressed to think of anything more "politically incorrect" than gay bashing, yet we do it CONSTANTLY. I would completely understand an advertiser becoming weary of being associated with homophobic members, given the political climate in which we live. Still, we relentlessly relish every opportunity to call something or somebody gay. The faggotry is strong with this one, gaydar has detected gheyness in your post, this thread is inconceivably gay, etc, etc, etc. Hell, I do it all the time. It's fun.

There are TONS of things allowed on this site. For the most part, the only topics that get locked or deleted are either blatantly awful, obvious trolls, or an attempt at beating a dead horse. I just don't see any evidence of catering to advertisers.

+1, we're not like Gunsnet (you all know what I'm talking about) with the advertiser worship, fortunately.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You can say anything you want to about the terrorist - I routinely unleash my rather vulgar vocabulary upon them. What you can't say is kill all the Muslims - kill them all is actually a crime against humanity and it is punishable by death and other bad things.

Genocide is a bad thing mkay?

I've been on this board since the first day it was lit up and read about 200,000 posts give or take a few ten thousand and have not yet read one single solitary post stating "kill all the Christians". (until the next poster below me post that)

People saying that are asking the military to murder in their name and that's just fucking crazy and stupid. You're not going to ask the average infantry man in today's Marine Corp to murder 3000 men, women and children in their offices, homes, and schools and then expect that person to come back to the country that hired him and let him loose. It can't be done. How long do you think any country on the planet is going to stand by as American Marines and army soldiers march through their streets gathering up the Jews Muslims? I would hope that the military would stage a coop way before that and destroy the government itself for ordering the murder of a complete people of 1.9 billion people on the planet.

Ask them to hunt down every mother flooking pig fat sucking terrorist is a completely different thing.

How do we tell the good ones from the bad ?

In Iraq the bad ones are called "insurgents." They're the ones shooting at American troops and killing innocents and such. They're also called "terrorists."

The good ones are called "the Iraqi people." They're the ones we're trying to help build a democracy. The ones we liberated from Saddam Hussein.

Clearer now?

Oh yeah, crystal.
What about the ones that act like the good ones but would kill you the second your back is turned ?   How many of the "good ones" fall into that catagory ?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But getting back on subject I'm just going to say it is what it is - Everything, I need to know about the ROP I learned on 09/11/01.

Hmmm, I was threatened by two Staff members here with banishment for posting "that" pic which says the exact same thing.

NO WAY !!!   I can't believe that !!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Native Americans, AKA Indians, Rez Ni**#$S, Slapahoe's ect are considered to be always in a Free Fire Zone, and can be targeted at will.

Back before Rebel Grey it was much different, but some folks assholes have not snapped back shut from the huge electron microscope that got put up their 4th point of contact over that deal and thus we have to be a kinder, gentler(Except to Indians) PC crowd.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#10]
It makes Allah cry.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Native Americans, AKA Indians, Rez Ni**#$S, Slapahoe's ect are considered to be always in a Free Fire Zone, and can be targeted at will.

Back before Rebel Grey it was much different, but some folks assholes have not snapped back shut from the huge electron microscope that got put up their 4th point of contact over that deal and thus we have to be a kinder, gentler(Except to Indians) PC crowd.

wtf are you talking about?

Lets see, Mods have made "We need another Wounded Knee" comments when Indians in their area (Southwest) get uppity, complaint made, no response by Staff

At least a couple anti Indian threads in the NYHTF once again when Indians get "uppity", complaints made, nothing done,

Complaining about insults and bashing of Indians, Like the sale of SAPI Plates or Matech BUIS's are things I have just learned to deal with, I dont have any real expectation of the problem ever being resolved.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
what about we don't get this thread locked for stupidity?

If threads were locked for stupidity, Arfcom would come to a standstill.

Jim
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I had to read that a couple of times, but now I know what you mean.  I think the reason for it, perhaps, is that there aren't very many true members of that race/group left anymore to object .  1/8th Appalachian and 1/8th Cherokee myself.  I identify myself as white, though, and I'm pretty much desensitized to racial slurs because I had them applied to me (slurs against whites) enough times in high school.  I know discrimination is very real and still exists, but to try to fight in head-on will just provoke a conflict.  Better to try to address it through underhanded, subtle methods, IMO.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You can say anything you want to about the terrorist - I routinely unleash my rather vulgar vocabulary upon them. What you can't say is kill all the Muslims - kill them all is actually a crime against humanity and it is punishable by death and other bad things.

Genocide is a bad thing mkay?

I've been on this board since the first day it was lit up and read about 200,000 posts give or take a few ten thousand and have not yet read one single solitary post stating "kill all the Christians". (until the next poster below me post that)

People saying that are asking the military to murder in their name and that's just fucking crazy and stupid. You're not going to ask the average infantry man in today's Marine Corp to murder 3000 men, women and children in their offices, homes, and schools and then expect that person to come back to the country that hired him and let him loose. It can't be done. How long do you think any country on the planet is going to stand by as American Marines and army soldiers march through their streets gathering up the Jews Muslims? I would hope that the military would stage a coop way before that and destroy the government itself for ordering the murder of a complete people of 1.9 billion people on the planet.

Ask them to hunt down every mother flooking pig fat sucking terrorist is a completely different thing.

How do we tell the good ones from the bad ?

In Iraq the bad ones are called "insurgents." They're the ones shooting at American troops and killing innocents and such. They're also called "terrorists."

The good ones are called "the Iraqi people." They're the ones we're trying to help build a democracy. The ones we liberated from Saddam Hussein.

Clearer now?

Oh yeah, crystal.
What about the ones that act like the good ones but would kill you the second your back is turned ?   How many of the "good ones" fall into that catagory ?

It's a mistake to try to identify people as "good" or "bad".  We have Muslims who are taking part in terrorist action against us and our allies and we have Muslims who happen to support us, for whatever reasons they may be.  Remember, it is a psychological truth that all people are fundamentally concerned with their own interests, despite what they may say/do.  Everybody thinks "What's in it for me ?" somewhere in their mind, wether or not they realize it or want to admit it.  The Muslims who support us clearly do so because they feel that doing so serves their best interest, which serves our interest in winning hearts/minds so we can achieve the mission.  Human loyalty in general is a very fleeting thing, and people have to be given incentives and reasons that serve (or appear to serve) their interests in order to retain their support.   What I am talking about applies to all people.  There are, of course, fanatics in humanity who will stop at nothing to achieve their own selfish goals, without regard for anyone else, and it is these types of people who will appear to be an ally so they can get close enough to backstab you.  Most people, however, do not operate this way.  Fanatics are often obsessive and delusional and as such, have their own psychological problems that can be turned against them.  Simply allow them to retain the illusion that they're winning and that they have the initiative and their own delusions of superiority will be their downfall.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#15]
i don't think anyone really reads the general forums. the tech part of the site is really very high quality.

although if some advertisers read general regularly they'd probably get pissy over it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i don't think anyone really reads the general forums. the tech part of the site is really very high quality.

although if some advertisers read general regularly they'd probably get pissy over it.

Eh, the advertisers don't have time/inclination to screw around in GD.  They're here for business, to make money, and GD has nothing to do with their business goals.  Most advertisers stick to the EE to sell their wares or to the Tech forum, to advertise and recommend solutions to technical issues where they are very valuable and helpful members.  Take a look at guys like TheDukeRyan and BigBore, not only do they provide a service, but they are helpful and valuable members to have in tech discussions.  They don't frequent GD much, and I don't blame them.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top