Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2001 6:54:30 PM EDT
I work in a wal-mart in Vegas (I hawk cell phones, I don't work FOR wal-mart, so don't flame me). Anyway, they have this in-store television system, freakin wally TV, that runs in loops and sells various products that the store carries. They also run short "current events" segments that are sponsored by ABC news, and a new segment that ran today about floored me. They did a 30 second piece on how the new Bush administration has revised the govenment's interpretation of the second amendment rights (they used the word rights!), you know "the individuals' right to keep and bear arms" rather than Klintonion dogma of "states rights". But it was completely unbiased, and they even had a few pic's of a gal at a range lightin off a revolver! I still dunno what to think about this. Kinda made me feel like I'd won a small victory, but I'm not sure why. What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:59:32 PM EDT
I saw it too. I was in there buying some 9mm at the sporting goods desk and they have one of those annoying TVs right there. Nice to see something good for a change![^]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:02:13 PM EDT
Man don't fool your self, it's just one lil. bit on Wal-mart TV it dose not make up for years of commie bull shit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:24:48 PM EDT
Granted, but objective reports in the mainstream media are hard to come by, and it was refreshing.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:56:20 PM EDT
Hey it's a start, hella lot better than seeing yet more anti propaganda. I guarantee you wouldn't see such a thing in that f'ed up store across town, you know, the one with the "K" in its name.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:59:38 PM EDT
I agree with Chair. It's a start and better than nothing or an anti-gun PSM.
Top Top