Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/11/2006 7:49:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 8:12:41 PM EDT by DienBienPhu54]
cgi.ebay.com/German-Helmet_W0QQitemZ6612828663QQcategoryZ36046QQrdZ1QQcm­dZViewItem

what kind of helmet is this for? it looks very unusual?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:50:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 7:57:26 PM EDT by Napoleon_Tanerite]
looks like a paratrooper helmet, but i'm not sure

I'm wrong, and I'm an idiot
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:54:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Napoleon_Tanerite:

That doesn't look anything like a German paratrooper helmet.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:55:28 PM EDT
I don't think it is even German. Swiss?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:56:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Napoleon_Tanerite:

NOT a paratrooper helmet.

My guess is civil defense or police.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:57:12 PM EDT
it has air vents like the fireman's helmet, maybe it's a Swiss fireman's helmet?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:58:42 PM EDT
Another reason to never use ebay...
Can anyone paste a photo in the thread? I'm still curious to see the helmet.

Dear User:

Unfortunately, access to this particular category or item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in your home country. Based on our discussions with concerned government agencies and eBay community members, we have taken these steps to reduce the chance of inappropriate items being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases this policy may prevent users from accessing items that do not violate the law. At this time, we are working on less restrictive alternatives. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Thank You.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:00:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sWs2:

Dear User:

Unfortunately, access to this particular category or item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in your home country. Based on our discussions with concerned government agencies and eBay community members, we have taken these steps to reduce the chance of inappropriate items being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases this policy may prevent users from accessing items that do not violate the law. At this time, we are working on less restrictive alternatives. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Thank You.

Are you in France or Germany right now?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:04:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sub-MOA:

Dear User:

Thank You.

No I'm not. I'm in tucson right now. Ebay used to show me everything, but it up and started giving me this message recently on some gun related stuff etc. I don't ever use ebay to so it doesn't really bother me much.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:06:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sub-MOA:

Dear User:

Thank You.

No I'm not. I'm in tucson right now. Ebay used to show me everything, but it up and started giving me this message recently on some gun related stuff etc. I don't ever use ebay to so it doesn't really bother me much. [/quote

WTF? i could understand that happening in austria or germany, but the US? are you sure you computer settings are set to country: United States?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:08:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 8:10:43 PM EDT by NonConformist]
Its a Firefighters helmet. (note the leater flap to cove back of neck) As to its nationality. It COULD be german...

...but I think it is Swedish
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:10:24 PM EDT
It looks like a German M1934, but I haveno idea about the insignia
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:14:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NonConformist:
Its a Firefighters helmet. (note the leater flap to cove back of neck) As to its nationality. It COULD be german...

...but I think it is Swedish

I think your right, I just noticed that leather neck protecter , only a firefighter's helmet would have that flap on the back
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:25:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 8:26:15 PM EDT by NonConformist]
Actually it appears to be German

Its very similar to this one-

www.quanonline.com/catalog/menu_helmets/detailed_view/HELMET%20067.html
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:29:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:32:39 PM EDT
I think this is the helmet pictured. It also describes the black leather neck protector.

http://www.german-helmets.com/POLICE_FIRE%20POLICE_HELMETS.htm
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:47:13 PM EDT
I was wrong - that sure looks to be the one. Nice work tvc184.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:31:06 PM EDT
That's a German Fire Police helmet marked with Organisation Todt insignia. OT was a German labor organization that was in charge of building projects all over Germany and the Occupied Territories.
Top Top