Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/11/2006 7:00:11 PM EDT
I have. I just sold it, the H&K USP .40.

Nothing wrong with the gun, but it just didn't feel like it needed to be in my hands. I wasn't really sold on it when handling it, but it certainly wasn't crap. I ran across a deal on a new one and just could not stop myself. I bought it, took it home and loved on it for a few days, trying to get it to grow on me, but no matter what, I just couldn't do it, even after shooting about five hundred rounds through it.

So, off it went. Never have I wanted to like a gun so badly as that H&K, and just couldn't come to terms with the gun itself.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Nothing wrong with the gun, but it just didn't feel like it needed to be in my hands. I wasn't really sold on it when handling it, but it certainly wasn't crap. I ran across a deal on a new one and just could not stop myself. I bought it, took it home and loved on it for a few days, trying to get it to grow on me, but no matter what, I just couldn't do it, even after shooting about five hundred rounds through it.

So, off it went. Never have I wanted to like a gun so badly as that H&K, and just couldn't come to terms with the gun itself.

HK: In A World of Compromise, SOme Gun Makesr Just have Better Marketing Departments.

Good Guns. but Not Nearly as Good as HK wants you to think they are.

SG
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep.

The M1A. I've had two of them, and have never been able to make myself like them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Well kind of. I have a Remington 870 that I shoot pretty well with, but the gun itself just turns me off. Good gun though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#4]
any glock i have ever shot.  Everyone swears by them, but i HATE them (and no it has nothing to do with a KB)

I dont like how they feel in my hand, I dont like the trigger, and i dont like how they look.

and joker, if you have an M1A you want to get rid of, i'll take it off your hands and properly dispose of it
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, Beretta Cougar 8040.  Loved the ergonomics but just couldn't hit a damn thing with it.  My wife has the 8000 and I can shoot it much better.  Sold the 8040.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I had the exact same experience with the HK USP in .40 myself. Wasn't able to shoot the damnned thing, either.

Found it to be the polar opposite of my old Glock, which I traded for a Kahr, which I'm just OK with.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
any glock i have ever shot.  Everyone swears by them, but i HATE them (and no it has nothing to do with a KB)

I dont like how they feel in my hand, I dont like the trigger, and i dont like how they look.

and joker, if you have an M1A you want to get rid of, i'll take it off your hands and properly dispose of it

Sorry, you're too late.

The first one went in trade for a FAL and the second one paid my tuition a few semesters back.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, the Smith & Wesson 4566....A well made gun that even shoots well as long as you can tolerate the 2 by 4 ergonomics and the complete lack of tactical thought that went into it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Walther P99

I bought the .40
I bought the 9

I then bought a USP .40...funny how that works huh?

The trigger on the P99 is SOOooo bad.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#10]
The Springfield XD subcompact, but I think more because there weren't any holsters or magazines available for it when I had it.

And my Ruger pre-ban Mini-14, I spent way too much on it, on lay-a-way, forever buying it and I just never could get it to stay on target.

I think I lost $200 trading it to a friend who lost another $100 on it trading it for a Beretta.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#11]

FAL

Had one.  Sold it.

I like everything about it, in principle.  But it just didn't do much for me when I owned it - so I sold it at a loss on arfcom.  Probably the only gun I've ever sold that I didn't regret selling.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Glock 29 in 10mm..

I LOVED shooting 10mm but this particular gun had some issues with Failure to Eject (even after I sent it back to Glock) I also liked it because it was the same size as my G30 so I could swap them in and out of the same holster..

If I hadn't been so busy recently I probably would have pressed for a better repair but I sold it off to help fund mods to a car
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#13]
+1 on the USP, Had one in ,45 never really liked it, Traded it for Colt 1911 and never regretted it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#14]
USP Tactical 45 and Springfeild NM M1A. I never could get into either of those weapons.
Now give me a 1911A1 and an M1 Garand and I am as happy as a pig in s###.
Pat
0-1-25
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I had the exact same experience with my HK USP 40. So I switched to the compact. Than I discovered the SIG P229 and never looked back.

Bob
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#16]
AR15's...All makes, models and calibers.On the other hand,a Beretta Storm is pure nirvana.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine was an HK 91 clone. I wanted one, got it, tried to like it but couldn't, no matter how hard I tried. It was uncomfortable to shoot (NOT Recoil wise), HORRIBLE ergonomics, NASTY trigger no matter what I did. The bolt was a ROYAL PITA to diss-assemble etc; etc; etc;

I just flat out HATED it, so I got rid of it

Bit I LOVE my USP .40
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Glocks.

Can't get my head around the cult-like following, and I own two...

Grip feels odd, not to mention the grip angle.

Both my 19 and 26 work, but I can't seem to shoot them as well as my other handguns.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
AR15's...All makes, models and calibers.On the other hand,a Beretta Storm is pure nirvana.

you might be on the wrong website then
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Mini-14 was the one for me. I bought it used but it was in excellent condition. But, I just couldn't even like it let alone love it. Aside from the trouble of finding magazines for it, it just felt too...weird. Plus I kept having strange urges to get it nickel plated and buy a black van with a red stripe painted down the side.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Single shot .410 shotgun, just seemed like it needed to grow up.

Give me a repeating firearm anyday!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you might be on the wrong website then

I'm just here to inflate my internet ego and gain virtual respect by posting more than any other human has posted before.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Beretta 92F, big bulky POS.  I carried one because it was issued, so I bought one as a personal weapon hated it and got rid of it.  Traded up to a SIG 226.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#24]
AMT automag III.
Big, heavy, and 30 carbine goodness that belched fireballs. It was also a tack driver.
The perfect gun for the range. Except...
After it got warmed up it was a jamb-o-matic. It also didn't like surplus ammo.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
+1 on the USP, Had one in ,45 never really liked it, Traded it for Colt 1911 and never regretted it.

Had One, LOVED it, until I shot a Kimber. Then I realized just how schlocky the trigger was, how cumbersome the ergonomics were and how marginal the accuracy was.

Suddenly, thw HK mystique was gone, and I really didn't like it anymore. I tried all night, but simply couldn't.

Traded it straight up for my USP Custom the next day and  haven't missed it a day, 5000+ rounds later through the Kimber.

SG
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#26]
A Kel-Tec P-11. Just couldn't get on the same page with it.

Currently own a Romanian AK that I have a love/hate relationship with.  I hate the semi-sniper stock on it but love the way it shoots.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#27]
The walther bullpup .22 rifle. Accurate but I just couldn't get into it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#28]
USP .45 compact.  Glad it's gone.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Sig 220

Good gun shoots great. I just don't like the double action trigger and the decocker.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Steyr SSG  I wanted one soooooo bad and finally got it
did not like the feel of it
Also the fact it would not feed out of the mag and my remington PSS shot groups half the size did not help things any
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Sig 220

Good gun shoots great. I just don't like the double action trigger and the decocker.

Get one in DAK....or better yet, they're coming out with a single action one soon!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:51:08 PM EDT
[#32]
HK 91

The balance sucked.
Put a scope on it an the balance gets worse.
The trigger sucked.
It chewed up brass... even with the little rubber deflecter.
The reload process always jacked me up with slow times.

BUT- The damned thing would shoot pretty good and it never jammed.

I had it for five years just because I could never quite justify selling it.
Hated it with a passion.

Walther TPH

That gun just was not worth a shit.
I wanted to love it but it kicked me in the balls at every turn.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Ruger Mini-14 - need I say more?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:05:37 PM EDT
[#34]
S&W 642-Hard for me to justify a .38 with more recoil than a 10mm.

Sig P239-The worst ergonomics in a single stack this side of Hi-Point.

Turkish Mauser-PITA with the corrosive ammo and it wouldn't do anything I couldn't do better with my PSS .308 or FAL.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#35]
FAL. The most overrated rifle ever. OMG, I don't understand why people rave about them. Marginal sights, tiny magazine release, bad handguard design, nose-heavy fishing pole of a rifle.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#36]
1911,Never cared for how they felt in my hand.It's almost un-American to not own one but I prefer my Sigs.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#37]
HK P2000 and just sold the damn thing.  Too bad...flawless function.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:23:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Any HK 90-series rifle without a paddle mag release.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Glock 23. Got a good deal and sold it for what I paid for it. One of the few guns I've sold. Don't regret it a bit. Operation wise, it was flawless. I just could not get used to the grip angle.

Bought my XD-40/5 and never looked back. The only time I planning on buying a Glock again is for the academy. I'll buy a used 17 or 19 and sell it as soon as I'm done.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#40]
I like the USP in terms of looks and specs and all of that, but when I actually had the opportunity to hold one, the grip felt way wrong.  Even Glocks feel better to me than the USP.  For some reason, SIG's and 1911's feel pretty good to me, and the Beretta 92 feels the best in the hand.  Maybe I'm weird.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:30:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
1911,Never cared for how they felt in my hand.It's almost un-American to not own one but I prefer my Sigs.

That's strange, everyone I know personally that handles my 1911s or shoots them loves it and raves about how natural it feels. Not un-American in my opinion. If you don't like it well you just don't like it.

I need to buy a Sig and see what all the hooplah is about, I've never even handled a Sig before.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:35:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Sig P220, first one I bought was a W. German and malf'd all the damned time.   I replaced it with a new P220 but still dont shoot it much, doesnt fit me well.    Btw, it's my duty gun

FAL, I really want to like this rifle and I'm still trying.

SAR1, it was a good shooter and reliable but I guess the whole AK platform just isnt for me.   I just cant warm up to it.   Sold it with 15 mags and 500 rounds for $400
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Glock 30...

It is controllable, but I cannnot hit a damned thing with it, and the damned thing is LOUD...good luck if you have to shoot it indoors without hearing protection...

Glocks are excellent handguns, but the grip is just not natural to me. I will probably lose the 30 when I get back as an excuse to buy an XD...

Now shooting with a 1911 or a S&W revolver comes naturally to me... I can hit what I point at...

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's strange, everyone I know personally that handles my 1911s or shoots them loves it and raves about how natural it feels. Not un-American in my opinion. If you don't like it well you just don't like it.

I need to buy a Sig and see what all the hooplah is about, I've never even handled a Sig before.

Have shot them before...IMHO not much to rave about...Sigs are well made guns, but they just do not do it for me...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:21:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Walther P99

I bought the .40
I bought the 9

I then bought a USP .40...funny how that works huh?

The trigger on the P99 is SOOooo bad.

I agree.  I shot a S&W 99 today and the trigger has SO MUCH take up  that the first few times I thought I had misfired.  Slack slack slack slack BOOM.  Terrible.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:19:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Not really - I try to be very honest with myself when I go to buy a gun.

I really like the FAL, Glock 20/21, and H&K USP on paper - but when I went to the shop, I found each of these didn't fit me. Didn't see the point in spending my money.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:23:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Ruger 10/22. I know- blasphemy. Ruger Single Six.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:49:01 AM EDT
[#48]
20 some years ago (25?) I fell in love with a Charter Arms bulldog. This gun was years aheah of its time. First stainless gun I owned,(when stainless was a real new thing) five shot short barreled 44sp revolver.Keep in mind that at this time the only small revolvers came in 38sp so this was a new idea in itself. The big problem was that the action of this gun was garbage!

I also did the mini 14 thing at about the same time. Oh well!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:03:13 AM EDT
[#49]
H&K USP Tactical, just never clicked with me, Traded in a Kimber TLE on.  Traded the H&K in for a Kimber Warrior and am much happier.

Other one is a USFC Rodeo.  Very well made, in the old Colt factory ect got it for a steal as someone had put it on layaway and never came back for a year.  

Problem is that Offhand I cant hit a B27 with it at 25 yards.  On the bench at 25 It prints way low and to the left.  Filed down the front sight and got it shooting a bit better.  Dad sent the gun out to get the barrel re-indexed or somesuch thing, I hope that when I return from this trip downrange it will be fixed.  If not Im just going to get rid of it and get a Cimmeron SAA.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:04:05 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Glock 29 in 10mm..

I LOVED shooting 10mm but this particular gun had some issues with Failure to Eject (even after I sent it back to Glock) I also liked it because it was the same size as my G30 so I could swap them in and out of the same holster..

If I hadn't been so busy recently I probably would have pressed for a better repair but I sold it off to help fund mods to a car

Couldn't hit shit with mine.  A point-blank defense weapon only IMHO.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top