Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Details????
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
its entertaining, though its not really that accurate
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Not bad.  Buddy fucking is uncool, though.  Not happy with the ending.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#4]
3/8/06 10:39 am
Well here we are, the morning after our first episode. I hope we moved you sufficiently with our production that you become a regular participant at this site.
I think you can tell that watching our show is going to be an exercise for the viewer. We believe in the intelligence of the audience and as you can see, we don't hesitate to throw you right into the story with no warning. Why? Because that's the way life is and our series, if nothing else, is a dramatic representation of life in the pressure cooker of the Special Operations world. Also, we will never tell you what motivates the characters. That, you will have to figure out for yourself, and your thoughts are just as valid as ours. The stories are not only plausible but are all based on my personal experiences in the world of counter-terrorism. So enjoy the upcoming episodes and please let me know what you think of our humble efforts at giving you the very best entertainment we were capable of presenting.

Hasta lasagna
and
Have a good 'un,

ERIC L. HANEY
COMMAND SERGEANT MAJOR, USA (RET)

This was posted as "Eric Haney's blog" on the CBS website for The Unit.  Everywhere I read something about this show, I read people complaining about "that would never happen" "E-Ring is more realistic, even though it never had a thread go past 1 page on ARFCOM" etc.  (Don't get me wrong, I like E-Ring, I was just throwing that out there).  But I think if he's being honest about what he says regarding all the stories being accurate portrayals of his life's experiences, then we should take his word for it, instead of criticizing the realism of the show due to our chairborne experience.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not questioning the realism of the show.  I do believe that buddy fucking happens and the example in the show was realistic.  I just don't like it.  Doesn't mean I don't like the show. . . .
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm not questioning the realism of the show.  I do believe that buddy fucking happens and the example in the show was realistic.  I just don't like it.  Doesn't mean I don't like the show. . . .

I wasn't speaking directly to you.  Just a general statement based on what I saw on the other thread.  Sorry if it appeared that I was talking to you
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#7]
No worries, brother.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I liked the 1911 action on the airplane.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#9]
i liked it all, really liked haneys book and tonight waching the unit again i saw a picture of haney at the house of the man in the wheel chair.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top