Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 2:00:41 PM EDT
Dumb question but I know somebody who has a 9mm lower for sale, he claims it can be used. I am just wondering why the caliber would even be marked on the lower???

everything else looks (as far as I can tell) like a standard lower?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
i didnt think there was such a thing as a 9mm lower.  that's the best part of the AR platform is that you can put a different caliber upper on the same lower
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i didnt think there was such a thing as a 9mm lower.  that's the best part of the AR platform is that you can put a different caliber upper on the same lower

its marked 9mm for some reason?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Some are marked 9mm.  If it is a Colt it might have a pinned in mag block and would not be easy to convert to 5.56.  The caliber is marked on almost all lowers.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]
ok sounds like its ok!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, you just have to remove the magblock.

Why not just get a different lower?
They ain't that expensive and in fact, any lower will do if you do not want to drop the bucks on a Colt.  I think I saw Stag lowers going for $99 somewhere around here.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:56:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I dont think it even has a mag block?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont think it even has a mag block?

Tag for future build.

More info than you ever wanted to know.

weaponforums.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=108261
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top