BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/11/2006 8:46:33 AM EDT
Poll to follow.

WTF is up with that?
Butt ugliest thing a woman can do to herself and I fail to see any attraction unless you are looking for carpet to munch.  What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:47:44 AM EDT
[#1]
+ 1
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#2]
My superior looks like KD Lang
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:50:12 AM EDT
[#3]

I have no problem with women who are not vain, and who apparently care little about their haircuts.

My wife has pretty big hair (and it's an awesome silver color, that other women constantly compliment her on), but she could have a crew-cut or shave her head for all I care.  

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:51:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Poll to follow.

WTF is up with that?
Butt ugliest thing a woman can do to herself and I fail to see any attraction unless you are looking for carpet to munch.  What do you guys think?

Not at all Doc, hair is only one measure of feminity.  I have seen a lot of beautiful women with almost no hair.   I see them everyday so I should know.  But its also how they act and how they carry themselves. Julie Andrews was beautiful with her short hair.

If they look like a biker and acts like one thats different.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
Vasquez: No, have you?

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have no problem with women who are not vain, and who apparently care little about their haircuts.

My wife has pretty big hair (and it's an awesome silver color, that other women constantly compliment her on), but she could have a crew-cut or shave her head for all I care.  

Yechh. I care a lot.
Subject came up because my wife is thinking about getting her hair done today and wants to know what I think. I told her to do whatever she wants as long as it isn't a headshave or butch job. I told her if she did either I wouldn't go out in public with her.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#7]
A women who works at my dentists office keeps her hair very short. Shes former Military maybe it grew on her.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Poll to follow.

WTF is up with that?

Not at all Doc, hair is only one measure of feminity.  I have seen a lot of beautiful women with almost no hair.   I see them everyday so I should know.  But its also how they act and how they carry themselves. Julie Andrews was beautiful with her short hair.

Isn't Julie Andrews a dyke?

I rest my case.

Are you sure you don't like men ARDOC!?!?

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A women who works at my dentists office keeps her hair very short. Shes former Military maybe it grew on her.

Or maybe it didn't!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Poll to follow.

WTF is up with that?

I rest my case.

Never!

But you didnt say sexual orientation.  You just said how she looks.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#14]
There is a chick in my guard unit who has that Gozer the Gozarian haircut going, and I don't know what she does but she makes it look GOOD!  she is hot!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I thought it was funny that in college a lot of girls cut their hair tight, and guys let it grow.

They're just trying to be different and new and see what it is like.  I grew my hair real long for a while, but it annoyed me.  Like I'd shut my car door and catch my hair.  Or the wind would muss it bad.  Annoying.  I like long hair on guys, or at least it doesnt bother me, but it bugs the crap out of me actually having it.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
There is a chick in my guard unit who has that Gozer the Gozarian haircut going, and I don't know what she does but she makes it look GOOD!  she is hot!

Aim for the flat top!! Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Can't stand the rape victim look.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm guessing it's the hair care regimen more than any political / sexual preference statement.
I see alot of women going the short haircut route because they hate dealing with the blow dryer and curling iron route...expecially after kids. My hair is just past my shoulders now. Before my kids, it was halfway down my back...too much hassle, so I keep it long enough to put up, short enough to dry quickly. I personally don't like my hair VERY short (cut it in the military so as not to deal with it) but some women make it look good (Demi Moore in "Ghost" Keira Knightly...)
Really guys, not everything we women do has an "ulterior motive."

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#20]
By dyke haircut I would think you mean shaved head or a really short mullet type cut.

Personally, I like it when women have (NORMAL) short hair... Like tea leoni usually has, or something along those lines. But a dyke cut is disgusting and I wouldn't even think other women could like it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#21]
The old Susan Powter look...

Depends, the same haircut might look sexy on a woman...

But GheY on a guy...

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'm guessing it's the hair care regimen more than any political / sexual preference statement.
I see alot of women going the short haircut route because they hate dealing with the blow dryer and curling iron route...expecially after kids.

Yep thats why I keep my hair short......and it makes me look oh so butch !!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I see alot of women going the short haircut route because they hate dealing with the blow dryer and curling iron route...expecially after kids.

I suppose something's got to do it
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Poll to follow.

WTF is up with that?

I rest my case.

Never!

But you didnt say sexual orientation.  You just said how she looks.  

First poll answer is:

"I'm a dyke and I want everyone to know it"

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I suppose something's got to do it

Sad but true...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I see alot of women going the short haircut route because they hate dealing with the blow dryer and curling iron route...expecially after kids. My hair is just past my shoulders now. Before my kids, it was halfway down my back...too much hassle, so I keep it long enough to put up, short enough to dry quickly. I personally don't like my hair VERY short (cut it in the military so as not to deal with it) but some women make it look good (Demi Moore in "Ghost" Keira Knightly...)

Short is one thing. Butch is another.

I don't know that anyone has said that though I would most definitely point out that actions have meanings.  I don't think people roll the dice to see what kind of haircut they are going to get.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:35:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Some girls pull off the short hair cut very well, and others it just looks bad on.

Personally I am like DKProf on this, I could handle my wife either way. I keep my own hair short, and I know it has many advantages.

One of my cousins is a CEO of a large company and she keeps her hair very short, partly to be taken more seriously and partly to save time.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#28]
I find women with short hair very attractive.  To each his or her own, I guess.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#29]
One of my best friends wears a dyke hair cut.  IN a nutshell she's too lazy to do anything with her hair and wearing it butch is easiest for her.   She's a riot and I enjoy my time iwth her.  She teases me for being a girly girl and I just let her looks or lack of looks fall where they lay.  

Her husband is actually a very attractive man and its interesting to see a man not seem to care.  She jokes about it [she brings it up] and says things like "People ask me all the time why ***** stays with me - can't they figure out how limber I am?"

I just laugh.  She is who she is and I have no interest trying to change her.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:41:53 AM EDT
[#30]
I didn't have enough choices for the:

"I want everyone to act like I have a penis"  choice.

They really need to expand these polls

I do agree with to each his own. Some men like the feeling they can be with a woman, or if their mood changes, that they can be with something else while maintaining the illusion of heterosexuality.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Where is the "all of the above" option ?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

LMAO.
I thought about allowing mutliple choices but decided I wanted to see what people thought was the major motivating factor.

I am bummed about not having the "I want everyone to treat like I have a penis" choice though.  That one would have been good.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LMAO.
I thought about allowing mutliple choices but decided I wanted to see what people thought was the major motivating factor.

I am bummed about not having the "I want everyone to treat like I have a penis" choice though.  That one would have been good.

You're probably worried over nothing.  She'll come home looking absolutely fantastic and...you'll breathe a sigh of relief.  My previous significant other was very scared when I decided to cut my hair shorter.  He was very upet until I came home and peeked arouund the corner at him.  His response, "You look absolutely stunning."  So, he was worried for nothing.  Afterwards, he told me he liked my hair better this way.  Go figure...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
"You look absolutely stunning."  So, he was worried for nothing.  Afterwards, he told me he liked my hair better this way.  Go figure...

We'll be the judge of that. Pics, please.

I agree with the poster that said there's a difference between short and butch. A lot of it depends on the particular woman and particular style. For instance,

Janine Turner == st00pid hawt
Susan Powter == WTF?

Pro of short hair on a woman: easy access to neck and ears

Con of short hair on a woman: less hair to pull

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LMAO.

You're probably worried over nothing.  She'll come home looking absolutely fantastic and...you'll breathe a sigh of relief.  My previous significant other was very scared when I decided to cut my hair shorter.  He was very upet until I came home and peeked arouund the corner at him.  His response, "You look absolutely stunning."  So, he was worried for nothing.  Afterwards, he told me he liked my hair better this way.  Go figure...

Short and butch are two different things.

But no, I am not worried about my wife doing that at all. She wouldn't even consider that and I know it.  Been married 23 years and we generally knwo what each other are thinking or are about to say even. Kind of cool, that.  
I just told her that when she asked me what to do with her hair.  She was thinking about growing it out to donate for cancer pts but is getting sick of dealing with the longer hair.  After our conversation though, I decided to post the question here.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Poll to follow.

WTF is up with that?

Uh,Doc.What hair you referring to???
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:09:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
but she could have a crew-cut or shave her head for all I care.    

With the appropriate edit, I concur.  My wife keeps her hair pretty short.  Looks fine to me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#38]
you forgot "i wish every day i had been born a man"
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
you forgot "i wish every day i had been born a man"

I didn't have enough choices for the:

"I want everyone to act like I have a penis" choice.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Short to you= "butch" to other guys. Demi's hair was ULTRA short in "Ghost" and I thought she looked prettier then than she does now with longer hair. <shrug>
Keira Knightly is a beautiful girl and would probably look good wearing her hair any length, but, IMHO was much more a classic beauty with long hair

I don't know that anyone has said that though I would most definitely point out that actions have meanings.  I don't think people roll the dice to see what kind of haircut they are going to get.

I forgot my at the end...My point was your poll seemed to be overly charged with ulterior "reasons" for chopping it off.
I'm just saying, sometimes it's really a simple thing like, "I got tired of spending 30 minutes of my morning blowdrying it."

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Pro of short hair on a woman: easy access to neck and ears

Con of short hair on a woman: less hair to pull

<narrows eyes...My. Playmore, is that you????

Seriously, hubby says that all the time...I think that's why he prefers my hair shoulder length: best of both worlds!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
 I like long hair on guys, or at least it doesnt bother me, but it bugs the crap out of me actually having it.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Short to you= "butch" to other guys. Demi's hair was ULTRA short in "Ghost" and I thought she looked prettier then than she does now with longer hair. <shrug>
Keira Knightly is a beautiful girl and would probably look good wearing her hair any length, but, IMHO was much more a classic beauty with long hair

I forgot my at the end...My point was your poll seemed to be overly charged with ulterior "reasons" for chopping it off.
I'm just saying, sometimes it's really a simple thing like, "I got tired of spending 30 minutes of my morning blowdrying it."

No, I just thought I'd have a little fun and the poll answers were fun to come up with. No utlerior motive there.

BTW, my last choice, in case you didn't read it was:

"I am to lazy to fix my hair and it it just easier"

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't really care how long they keep their hair as long as they still act like a woman.

Shaved close isn't very good, but cutting it down to a few inches long can look damn hot if done right.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

BTW, my last choice, in case you didn't read it was:

"I am to lazy to fix my hair and it it just easier"

Whoops...I stopped reading after #3...I sensed a pattern, got bored and posted a reply.

Guess you're not as predictable as I thought???

What happened to your membership?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200307/gal-mov-i-01/320x240.jpg

That's the girl from Star Trek, right???

I dunno her name...but she is one of maybe 3 women who could pull that off and look stunningly beautiful.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Easier to take care of, regardless of your orientation.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#49]
I wear my hair long because it's easier to manage, it's very curly and shorter styles have to be blow dried, or I look like Ronald McDonald. The way I have it is just wash and wear. My husband loves it too, which is a plus. I sometimes talk about cutting it (usually when PMSing) and he says "You can do what you want with your hair, sweetheart" with this pained expression.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top