Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/14/2001 3:54:05 PM EDT
Hello, Anyone out there own or use laser boresighters to sight in rifle scopes? What would you recommend? Thanks, Speedfish
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 4:05:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 4:32:43 PM EDT
I own the LaserLyte boresighter. This is the one that fits snug in any barrel with different sized bushings. About $80-$90 new. It's easy enough to use and seems to be quite accurate. I just use a modified target taped to the basement wall for sighting, and my table saw for a "rest". The downside is the batteries and the baggie of small parts. The batteries have decent life, but they're #393 and are not very common. Wal-Mart doesn't carry them but some camera and jewelry shops may ($$). I found them reasonably priced via mail order.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 4:59:15 PM EDT
I bought a LaserLyte boresighter to setup a new scope on my AR-10. The specifications indicated that it should be accurate to 4 inches at 100 yards. The bushing kit provided a snug fit in my .308 bore. I followed the simple instructions to a 'T' and set it up at 25 feet at home. Much to my surprise, with live fire, I wasn't even hitting a target at 50 yards. I moved in to 25 yards and found that I was shooting about 2 feet high! I gave up on this modern gizmo and setup my scope the old fashion way*. [thinking] *Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:04:21 PM EDT
I have an Acu-sight. It makes it pretty easy to mount a scope\sight and get the thing lined up with the bore. You still have to live fire to zero it in. [sniper]
Top Top