Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2001 3:54:05 PM EDT
Hello,
Anyone out there own or use laser boresighters to sight in rifle scopes?  What would you recommend?
Thanks,
Speedfish
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I own the LaserLyte boresighter.  This is the one that fits snug in any barrel with different sized bushings.  About $80-$90 new.

It's easy enough to use and seems to be quite accurate.  I just use a modified target taped to the basement wall for sighting, and my table saw for a "rest".

The downside is the batteries and the baggie of small parts.  The batteries have decent life, but they're #393 and are not very common.  Wal-Mart doesn't carry them but some camera and jewelry shops may ($$).  I found them reasonably priced via mail order.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a LaserLyte boresighter to setup a new scope on my AR-10.  The specifications indicated that it should be accurate to 4 inches at 100 yards.  The bushing kit provided a snug fit in my .308 bore.  I followed the simple instructions to a 'T' and set it up at 25 feet at home.

Much to my surprise, with live fire, I wasn't even hitting a target at 50 yards.  I moved in to 25 yards and found that I was shooting about 2 feet high!

I gave up on this modern gizmo and setup my scope the old fashion way*. [thinking]

*Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an Acu-sight. It makes it pretty easy to mount a scope\sight and get the thing lined up with the bore. You still have to live fire to zero it in.            [sniper]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top