Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 4:14:33 PM EDT
Where dude goes to the graves.

I used to go one weekend a month and just walk around
Arlington when I was stationed at FtDetrick on a saturday.
I wanted to know what I was there for, being a medic.

I used to see that guy (Old guy pvt Ryan) About every other time I went there.

They all almost looked the same.  I'm not really sure how to explain it.

Fuck..Tore me up every time.

I know some people think that first scene is bogus, or whatever....
but, it's not to me.  I saw so many old men come tottering into Arlington...

I visited from '92-94.  

Want to feel small?  Go to Arlington somtime.  
Makes you feel undefeatable at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Many men reach a point in their lives when they ask themselves if they "measured up."  Ironically, the people who ask themselves that are the ones most likely to have been "worth their salt."  The guys who only care about themselves and measure everything by "what's in it for me" don't seem to have that problem.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Many men reach a point in their lives when they ask themselves if they "measured up."  Ironically, the people who ask themselves that are the ones most likely to have been "worth their salt."  The guys who only care about themselves and measure everything by "what's in it for me" don't seem to have that problem.

Are you my wife?

She said the eexact same thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top