Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 1:21:47 PM EDT
www.mass.gov/legis/bills/senate/st01/st01384.htm

AN ACT RELATIVE TO THE POSSESSION OF A MACHETE
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:

SECTION 1.

Subsection (b) of section 10 of chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2002 Official Edition is hereby amended by inserting after the word “inches”, in line 67, the following word:- , machete.

SECTION 2.  Said subsection (b) of said section 10 of said chapter 269, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by adding the following paragraph:-

For purposes of this section, “machete” means “a heavy knife at least 18 inches in length and having a blade at least 1.5 inches wide at its broadest measurement. This subsection shall not apply to carrying a machete on one’s person or in a vehicle if the machete is carried for the purpose of cutting vegetation or if the machete is being transported for the purpose of cutting vegetation.  In a prosecution of a violation of this subsection, there shall be a permissible inference that such carrying of a machete is not for the purposes of cutting vegetation.  Such presumption may be rebutted.

Any individual who requires a machete for the purposes of cutting vegetation shall register the machete with the local police department on an annual basis and, upon payment of an appropriate annual registration fee as determined by the local granting authority, shall be issued a permit authorizing him to possess the machete solely for the purposes of cutting vegetation
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#1]
or they could outlaw ms-13 instead.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Assault knives.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Registering Machetes? WTF?  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#5]
So should I drive to a walmart, and buy all their machete's to register. SO I can have a boatload of pre-ban machetes to sell for a KILLING.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Jesus H. Christ-  Someone nuke Massachusetts already.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Heheheh. It's all about safety and security, folks. Can't be too careful in this age of terrorism.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Bwahahahahaha!

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Heheheh. It's all about safety and security, folks. Can't be too careful in this age of terrorism.

WRONG!!!!!............ In Massachusetts, its all about FEES, FINES AND TAXES......MONEY MONEY MONEY is all the liberal democrat sheeple are interested in.

It's just another revenue source that they found to take advantage of under the guise of making life safer.

Notice that they readily included "A FEE"???? in the writing of the bill?

Any individual who requires a machete for the purposes of cutting vegetation shall register the machete with the local police department on an annual basis and, upon payment of an appropriate annual registration fee as determined by the local granting authority, shall be issued a permit authorizing him to possess the machete solely for the purposes of cutting vegetation

They couldn't give a shit about safety......remember,  CRIMINALS DON"T OBEY LAWS!!!!!!!

ITS ABOUT THE MONEY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ALWAYS
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WRONG!!!!!............ In Massachusetts, its all about FEES, FINES AND TAXES......MONEY MONEY MONEY is all the liberal democrat sheeple are interested in.

It's just another revenue source that they found to take advantage of under the guise of making life safer.

They couldn't give a shit about safety......remember,  CRIMINALS DON"T OBEY LAWS!!!!!!!

Friend, it's for the greater good.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#12]
As usual that shithole has proven it is on the wrong side of the atlantic ocean.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I think this is in response to a certan group of illegal immigrants( un documented migrants) who's prefered weapon of choice is the machette.
I remember when they pretty much over ran sunset park in brooklyn ,and to my suprise there was a rash of machette assaults..my friend was hacked pretty bad by someone...doing the job no one wants to do..

sorry to get your thread locked
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're talking to a lifetime resident ...."FRIEND".

The only "greater good " it is for is the coffers of the state, to be squandered on yet more "entitlement programs" designed to keep people in poverty.

This state is drowning and collapsing under the weight of its own tyrrany.

I agree with the poster above.....somebody nuke this state already....but give me a 15 minute warning to drive to the border if you please.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Stupidest shit I have ever read.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#16]
So how long till they complain about the surge in illegal machetes coming in from New York?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Actually it's the flaw in the Liberal mindset that causes this .
They can't fathom how people could willfully disregard the rules .
So the answer must be that there are not enough laws .
Clearly , if they make it illegal . Then people will stop doing it

Laugh if you want , but it's true .

They live in their non violent ivory tower world where problems are
solved with words , not actions . They don't understand that life is
a contact sport , and they never will
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#19]
And it just keeps on going and going.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm glad I moved.  I wonder what they would have to say about my swords...do tatami omote mats count as begetation?  They were once.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm glad I moved.  I wonder what they would have to say about my swords...do tatami omote mats count as begetation?  They were once.

I've got a buddy in Mass with a basement martial arts studio full of stuff on the walls.  I forwarded him this link...

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Instead of actually doing something about the crime they just added another tax
We have an annual tax on swimming pools and dogs here too, just to name a few
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Comming to a state near you.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're talking to a lifetime resident ...."FRIEND".

The only "greater good " it is for is the coffers of the state, to be squandered on yet more "entitlement programs" designed to keep people in poverty.

This state is drowning and collapsing under the weight of its own tyrrany.

I agree with the poster above.....somebody nuke this state already....but give me a 15 minute warning to drive to the border if you please.

Please, please friend. This is no time for harsh words. The stakes for our American way of life are much too high in this new age of global terrorism.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Woody
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#27]
My eyes are tearing from laughing so hard at how absurd this is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top