Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/10/2006 11:20:26 AM EDT
I go to Arby's for lunch today.  Chicken fingers with ranch dressing and curly fries.  They don't have ranch dipping sause, so they always give me a regular packet of salad dressing.   Awesome stuff, BTW.  Anyway, I get my food, and turn around to the fountain soda area, and all the red Coca Cola stickers are gone, and there are blue Pepsi stickers there instead!   WTF?!?  The teenager behind the counter told me they just switched yesterday.  Did they get bought out or what?  I have never seen an Arby's serve anything but Coke.  I freakin hate Pepsi.  I guess I'll just have to use the drive thru from now on and get a coke at the corner mart.

I never thought about this before, but have you ever noticed that Coke labels are red and Pepsi labels are blue.  Just like states.  Is Coca-Cola a Republican beverage, and Pepsi a Democrat?  Hmmmmm....   Something to think about.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:22:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Good.  Now I can go to Arby's more.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The only places I see that use Pepsi are Yum companies.  Did Yum buy out Arbys?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Pissed me off to, I pulled up to the drive through and the menu looked totally different.  So then I see Pepsi signs around but coke is still on the menu so I order a coke and they read it back as Pepsi...

MMmmmm...Arbys, now im hungry you asshole...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#4]
The Arbys by my house has used Pepsi as long as I've lived here(since 2000)

Mmmm...the official fast food place of pirates

ARRRRRRRBY's.  

I'm hungry now.  Thanks efpeter.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been pissed at Arby's for awhile....ever since they stopped serving the Potato Cakes.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've been pissed at Arby's for awhile....ever since they stopped serving the Potato Cakes.  

You're kidding....right?

Bastards!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I always get the unsweet iced tea anyway, haven't had a Coke or Pepsi in a long time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I never liked Arby's to begin with.

and Pepsi is far superior to Coke
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#9]
arbys around here has always been pepsi..

ontime i went to a bugerking while i was traveling.. they had both pepsi and coke...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Fuck Pepsi.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Proving once again that Florida isn't part of the South.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Coke taste like hillbilly piss.

Pepsi isn't much better.

Dr. Pepper.  Nectar of the gods it is.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Proving once again that South Florida isn't part of the South.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#14]
What's the big deal? As most southeners know Pepsi is a kind of coke.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope you're not one of those ignorant motherfuckers that refer to every non-beer carbonated beverage as "Coke"

Redneck lexicon:
Coke=Coke
Pepsi=Coke
Sprite=Coke
Mountain Dew=Coke
Orange Soda=Coke

That's the most retarded shit ever! I've seen retards call LEMONADE Coke because it came out of the same soda fountain as a coke.  When I go into a resturaunt and order a "Coke" i sure as shit don't want to be asked "what kind" unless they're refering to the diet abomination
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Pepsi isn't much better.

Screw that asshole.  He acts all high and mighty just because he got his phD.  I'm a Mr. Pibb fan!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

No potato cakes????    This is some kind of communist plot!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Pepsi isn't much better.

How do you sleep at night you monster?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Pepsi is ALOT less expensive to have in a restaurant than Coke.  That's why alot of companies are now switching over to Pepsi.  

I hate Pepsi.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#22]
PEPSI RULES!!!
IMO
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pepsi isn't much better.

Especially knowing the fact that a Dr. Pepper is nothing but a cheap imitation of a Cherry Coke.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I never liked Arby's to begin with.

And you're not risking a good thrashing with a samurai sword...stick with pepsi...you'll be glad you did...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:42:19 AM EDT
[#25]
I just wish fast food restaurants would serve beer. I love Chipotle for this reason, also giant burritos are awesome.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#26]
19.12.2005 22:32

Arby's(R) Restaurants Chooses Pepsi; Also Adds Dr Pepper To Beverage Selection

For the first time in the brand's 40 year history, Arby's is aligning its restaurants with a national soft drink beverage program. Arby's has signed agreements to serve PepsiCo (Nachrichten/Aktienkurs) products, including Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist, Mug Root Beer, and Tropicana Lemonade as well as Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages products, Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper, in its nearly 3,500 Arby's restaurants.

"PepsiCo's extensive portfolio of popular beverage brands, coupled with the opportunities available serving salty snacks, creates a mutually beneficial relationship," said Doug Benham, President&CEO of Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc. "The Pepsi team offers Arby's innovation expertise and a compelling service program. Dr Pepper offers a distinctive beverage choice that's as unique as our brand. These agreements mark the start of an exciting new chapter for Arby's."

"Pepsi brings a wealth of marketing leverage and consumer insights in support of the growing Arby's brand," said Debbie Pike, Chief Marketing Officer of Arby's. "We felt creative synergy from the start, and look forward to offering our customers even more reasons to visit Arby's."

"Arby's is a unique brand with a strong commitment to innovation. From their signature roast beef sandwiches to their Market Fresh(TM) sandwiches, wraps and salads, Arby's offers craveable tastes for a broad variety of consumers," said Dawn Hudson, President and CEO, Pepsi-Cola North America. "We have enjoyed great relationships with individual Arby's franchisees for years and through this agreement we look forward to collaborating with the entire Arby's system."

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
arbys around here has always been pepsi..

here too
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pepsi isn't much better.

Especially knowing the fact that a Dr. Pepper is nothing but a cheap imitation of a Cherry Coke.

Now how could that be considering that Dr. Pepper was the first soda ever made?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Cherry Coke does NOT taste like Dr. Pepper.

Dr. Pepper tastes nasty.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't blame arbys. I used to work in a resteraunt and coke treats resteraunt owners like shit. They charge more than pepsi did for syrup and if it is a new resteraunt pepsi will gladly supply you with a fountain and coke will not. Pepsi has its act together when it comes to dealing with its resteraunt customers. We just kept a couple of twelve packs of coke in the fridge if someone was going to cry because we did not have coke. In the end the resteraunt is better off cost wise going with pepsi.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Pepsi > Coke

Well actually,

Mt. Dew = The meaning of life.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Soft drink order of greatness goes like this:
1. Dr. Pepper
2. Pepsi
3. Mt. Dew
4. Pepsi One
5. Cheerwine
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#33]
PEPSI = COMMUNIST
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Pepsi is ALOT less expensive to have in a restaurant than Coke.  That's why alot of companies are now switching over to Pepsi.

Yep, it all boils down to who's giving them the better deal, and for right now, evidently it's Pepsi.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Potato cakes and Horsey sauce, that's good eatin'.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
PEPSI = COMMUNIST

+1

Pepsi sucks balls!

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

The ones around here still serve them.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#38]
The one thing I will give pepsi is MUG Rootbeer.

That's the best gosh damn store bought rootbeer moeny can buy.

Viva La Coke.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:58:44 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pepsi isn't much better.

ju gut pwn3d
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really, unless you wanna claim that where you live is not part of the South as well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, it all boils down to who's giving them the better deal, and for right now, evidently it's Pepsi.

And I'm VERY sure that Arby's will pass that savings on to the customer.  Soda's will now cost .10 cents.  Which is a 50 percent markup over their cost.  Yes, I'm sure they will do that.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:09:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pepsi isn't much better.

ju gut pwn3d

I knew somebody would jump on it pretty quick
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
The one thing I will give pepsi is MUG Rootbeer.

That's the best gosh damn store bought rootbeer moeny can buy.

Viva La Coke.

Ummm..  No.  Henry Weinhard Rootbeer is the best storebought rootbeer.  That shit is good.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#44]
I love Arby's sandwiches and their Sauce!

HH
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#45]
OK then.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I hope you're not one of those ignorant motherfuckers that refer to every non-beer carbonated beverage as "Coke"  

Why yes I am!  

Well, me and 9 out of the other 10 people here in Georgia.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The ones around here still serve them.

Thay are still on the menu of the Arby's web site.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

We still get potato cakes in Denver and Arby's has always served Pepsi & Mtn Dew in Colorado. It must be a regional change. It might even be a franchise change. You might want to check other Arby's in the area.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#49]
I can't believe this is even an issue. Pepsi or Coke, Arby's still SUCKS.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Simple, Coke lost the contract to Pepsi.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top