Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/9/2006 11:17:46 PM EDT
Anyone into using electronic detectors for searching for lost coins, jewelry, etc? What's a decent one for the $$$? Best places to search? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks. dogear
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:55:31 PM EDT
I have been at it on and off for probably fifteen years now, fisher and tesoro make good machines with lifetime warranties. Check this website out for more info http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/

How much money do you want to spend?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:21:37 AM EDT
This is where I buy mine. Great customer service prices. Give them a call and tell them what you will be using a metal detector and they will set you up with one.www.kellycodetectors.com/indexmain.htm
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:44:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2006 5:45:12 AM EDT by leadnbrass]
I got this one through Kelly Detectors. It was under $300 with a bunch of accs. Haven't really used it much but the warmer weather is here. Also check out www.treasurenet.com/ its a good site with a forum that has reviews of all types...and the ace 250 is one of the best buys.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:08:51 AM EDT
The Ace 250 is a great detector for the money. I plan to get a couple for my family next month.

Eric
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:10:11 AM EDT
Fisher metal detectors are the best, bar none. Second best are Whites.

I have a whites Goldmater III and a Fisher Gold Bug II. The gold bug is much much much more effective in my experience, and is easier to ground balance.

I use mine for finding gold nuggets though, and not lost coins and whatnot.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:55:07 PM EDT
Thanks guys for all the good leads.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:03:18 PM EDT
I have a Whites DFX after having a crappy walmart detector for 4 years. I am very happy with it. A lot of people say the ACE 250 is an excellent detector and it's not crap. So spend the extra few bucks and get a quality detector.

You can join us at the http://www.treasurenet.com forums. And i'm sure you can find or ask any other questions you have.
Top Top