Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 8:00:03 PM EDT
If they encounter an intoxicated (read: had a couple drinks) they CANNOT ARREST them or otherwise deport them.

So.... ANY MEXICAN WISHING TO ENTER ILLEGALLY MAY DO SO, just have a couple of drinks before swimming, climbing or walking over.

ETA: I've seen some exceptions made to those that "resist" a little.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#2]
fuck that! they should make a minimum BAC of .20 or something.... make things entertaining at least
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
fuck that! they should make a minimum BAC of .20 or something.... make things entertaining at least

BP has never heard of the term BAC, except in the IA dept....
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone add it to the list of crimes they get away with even WHEN THEY ARE CAUGHT
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Can't they call up the local PD for whatever state and report a drunk in public at least?

Sheesh.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#6]
It should have no bearing, whatsoever. Throw them back, regardless.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#7]
... Another little known tidbit from a friend of mine in BP:

... The tinted windows in the camper shells of the trucks are fake. It se<-- Removed …  --> by -brass-  @ 06:11 •• 3.10.06 Ref CoC are scared shitless of being detained without windows.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If they encounter an intoxicated (read: had a couple drinks) they CANNOT ARREST them or otherwise deport them.

So.... ANY MEXICAN WISHING TO ENTER ILLEGALLY MAY DO SO, just have a couple of drinks before swimming, climbing or walking over.

does the BP give any reasoning for this policy?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

does the BP give any reasoning for this policy?

They are not able to waive a hearing before an immigration judge, and/or they are not "equipped" for such complicated prisoners.

The Border Patrol is run by some of the dumbest people. The agents are great (well, for the most part, there is a goober in every crowd), but the higher level supe's are tards.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:03:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

... The tinted windows in the camper shells of the trucks are fake. It seems *****(the T word) are scared shitless of being detained without windows.

Oops....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:43:04 AM EDT
[#11]
rut-roh
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:52:53 AM EDT
[#12]
ohhhh...the mexican "N" werd.....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:53:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:12:05 AM EDT
[#14]
IBTL?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:29:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
[cut]

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:44:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

... The tinted windows in the camper shells of the trucks are fake. It seems [removed] are scared shitless of being detained without windows.

It was nice knowing you, man.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:49:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, as long as they wait an hour before going swimming. You don't want cramps while swimming through the Rio Grande drunk.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:54:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

... The tinted windows in the camper shells of the trucks are fake. It se<-- Removed …  --> by -brass-  @ 06:11 •• 3.10.06 Ref CoC are scared shitless of being detained without windows.

Oh Shit !!!

... This is too funny! Here is what went down with this fuck up of mine -

... I often toggle between here and www.arizonashooting.com to participate in discussions. In my mind, I actually thought I was relying to AZ-K9 at our "home base" Arizona - Forums AR15.com refuge.

... That word "T*NK" is legal to use in Arizona.
I'm sorry, I hope I didn't offend anyone here. It was an honest mistake.

... And no, it's not the "N" word for Mexicans here. It's a commonly used term that's not necessarily derogatory toward any race. It's a nickname for illegal aliens regardless of race. Much as we have nicknames for lawbreakers (perps, crooks, Adam Henry) and so on. Our friends in the US Border Patrol here first coined the phrase. It just happens the majority of T*NKs happen to be of Latin decent.

... The whole T*NK think was just a huge misunderstanding between my dear friend Ed Avila Sr. and the whole State of Arizona. My guess is this, one day soon www.wikipedia.com will actually have T*NK in it and the whole mess will smooth over here on ARFCOM. The down side of that is that you'll have 2500 Arizona refugees (many are bigger assholes than myself ) back on the site, to mix into the fray.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:13:15 AM EDT
[#19]
anyone can add articles to wikipedia...so go add the T word to it
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:07:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh Shit !!!

... I often toggle between here and www.arizonashooting.com to participate in discussions. In my mind, I actually thought I was relying to AZ-K9 at our "home base" Arizona - Forums AR15.com refuge.

... And no, it's not the "N" word for Mexicans here. It's a commonly used term that's not necessarily derogatory toward any race. It's a nickname for illegal aliens regardless of race. Much as we have nicknames for lawbreakers (perps, crooks, Adam Henry) and so on. Our friends in the US Border Patrol here first coined the phrase. It just happens the majority of T*NKs happen to be of Latin decent.

... The whole T*NK think was just a huge misunderstanding between my dear friend Ed Avila Sr. and the whole State of Arizona. My guess is this, one day soon www.wikipedia.com will actually have T*NK in it and the whole mess will smooth over here on ARFCOM. The down side of that is that you'll have 2500 Arizona refugees (many are bigger assholes than myself ) back on the site, to mix into the fray.

now you've gone and done it, we'll start getting inundated with illegal alien apologist trolls over at AZ shooting.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:10:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Yep, its true.  I have had BP refuse to take illegals from me becuase they were under the influence of alcohol or drugs.  So if they want to stay in the country they just needd to stay boracho all the time.

Another easy way to stay is everytime you get detained by the BP tell them you really need to get home to your kids. Tell them your 12yo is watching your 1yo US born child.  BP has a policy of not splitting up families and wont take illegals who have unattended children at home.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:21:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Yep, its true.  I have had BP refuse to take illegals from me becuase they were under the influence of alcohol or drugs.  So if they want to stay in the country they just needd to stay boracho all the time.

Another easy way to stay is everytime you get detained by the BP tell them you really need to get home to your kids. Tell them your 12yo is watching your 1yo US born child.  BP has a policy of not splitting up families and wont take illegals who have unattended children at home.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#23]
So they can't arrest....illegals....coming over drunk/after a few drinks, but they can arrest 19 year olds who return from visiting mexico and are intoxicated?

WTF, over?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh Shit !!!

Why do you start every paragraph with a mini-ellipsis?  It makes me want to kill myself.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:18:00 PM EDT
[#25]
bullshit.

i hated working for the B.P.

for five years I thought I was doing something for the 'war on drugs' busting up a pound of pot or so. then when I ended up with them we'd have interdicted BALES of the shit and the DEA would tell us "call us when you have a real amount."

my only conclusion is that the war on some drugs is a failure and exists only to keep the prices artificially high and agents in jobs.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#26]
For educational purposes only:

Term used, primarily by US immigration officials in informal settings, to describe an illegal immigrant of any country. Origins are unknown, but definitely predate the use of metal flashlights, contrary to the most used description of origin. It's probable that the origin is related to Chinese immigration, as the first law to restrict immigration from a particular country was enacted in 1882. It's said that many of the illegal immigrants made their way to the US via the Gulf of Tonkin area of what is now Vietnam. It's also possible that the term is related to the Chinese "tong" mob. The word should be considered only as derogatory as the phrase "illegal alien" as it does not refer to race or even nationality, only to one's immigration status in the United States.

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tonk&defid=905389
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Term used, primarily by US immigration officials in informal settings, to describe an illegal immigrant of any country. Origins are unknown, but definitely predate the use of metal flashlights, contrary to the most used description of origin. It's probable that the origin is related to Chinese immigration, as the first law to restrict immigration from a particular country was enacted in 1882. It's said that many of the illegal immigrants made their way to the US via the Gulf of Tonkin area of what is now Vietnam. It's also possible that the term is related to the Chinese "tong" mob. The word should be considered only as derogatory as the phrase "illegal alien" as it does not refer to race or even nationality, only to one's immigration status in the United States.

Sorry this is ARFCOM where shit gets made up and rules put in place!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
bullshit.

i hated working for the B.P.

for five years I thought I was doing something for the 'war on drugs' busting up a pound of pot or so. then when I ended up with them we'd have interdicted BALES of the shit and the DEA would tell us "call us when you have a real amount."

my only conclusion is that the war on some drugs is a failure and exists only to keep the prices artificially high and agents in jobs.

The DU village is calling.  They want their idiot back.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Don't try to use informative web sites and logical reasoning here buddy.

We will beleive what the mods want us to beleive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top