Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/9/2006 5:55:55 PM EDT
Ok, I work at a local appliance and eletronics store as a repairman and installer for appliances, as well as some deliveries. It's not uncommon to get a tip now and then, $5.00 here, $10.00 there, a 20 now and then, even $100.00 this Christmas for a delivery of a Kegerator.

But today, I got my best tip ever for installing a cooktop and rangehood. The guy's a Sgt. in the local PD, ok he's the ONLY Sgt., he's also a avid hunter and gunnut, so of course we start talking about guns. While I'm installing the rangehood he starts asking if I shoot certain calibers. Then he disappears for a minute and comes back with a bag.

He pulls out a box of .303 British and throws it into my tool bag and says he'll bring a bunch more ammo down to the store once he digs out the stuff that he doesn't shoot anymore but I do.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:11:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:02:39 PM EDT
That is sweet, my honorary uncle kept all the ammo from his days in the PD and gives me what he does not need.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:11:01 PM EDT
"all days are good, some are better, everyday is a holiday"

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:12:35 PM EDT
Here's a good tip: If Jerry Springer's on your Caller ID, don't answer the phone!
Another: No good ever came from a free back stage pass to the Maury Paouvitch Show.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:19:00 PM EDT
I've received free food once, and the occasional cash tips from people who have been especially happy with my work (freelance carpentry/painting/landscaping). I would be one happy mofo if I got the gift of ammo for a job well done (especially .303 Brit, since it's getting expensive and hard to find)
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:25:05 PM EDT
I got tipped with some mags, .308 and .556. for shooting some video of a D-Day airborne vet doing a jump.

I refused payment for the video so his buds came across with some stuff I couldnt refuse.
Top Top