Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 3:17:04 PM EDT
I know I'm not alone when I wish the pricks who wrote the web code on what ever website you visit has included a feature to 'disable' your back button; they should have a special place in hell.

I see lots of gruff about it on the web and way too much info of 'how to' add this 'feature'.

what about 'blocking' such code?

is there a way to preserve MY viewing experince instead of be subjected to this crap?

I know I can use the back button drop down and go around it, but I like the button on my mouse for one click backup.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:25:46 PM EDT
Try a double-tap next time.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:27:02 PM EDT
as said, double tap, or go up to the button, and go to the pulldown menu and pick a page you want to go to.

if all else fails, close the window
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:32:28 PM EDT
Right click. Open in new window. Close when finished.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:37:29 PM EDT
next to the back arrow button, there's a little pulldown menu arrow. Click on that, it'll show you your recent history. Skip back past the autoforward page.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:40:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Red_Beard:
next to the back arrow button, there's a little pulldown menu arrow. Click on that, it'll show you your recent history. Skip back past the autoforward page.

Holy crap I never noticed that thanks man
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:12:50 PM EDT
It's like no one bothers to read all the text.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:19:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RED_5:
It's like no one bothers to read all the text.

I read it, but I posted that anyway because I had a thread ranting about this same problem a while back. Someone told me about the back pulldown menu there and it was a great revelation to me. So I wanted to be sure anyone browing in here also heard the good news of the lord.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:20:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fcat:
Right click. Open in new window. Close when finished.

+1
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:39:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RED_5:
I know I'm not alone when I wish the pricks who wrote the web code on what ever website you visit has included a feature to 'disable' your back button; they should have a special place in hell.

I see lots of gruff about it on the web and way too much info of 'how to' add this 'feature'.

what about 'blocking' such code?

is there a way to preserve MY viewing experince instead of be subjected to this crap?

Unless there's some new plugin that does what you want, I suggest you do as the others have suggested: Open in new window. Anytime I open a new site from a site where I feel comfortable I right click and Open in New Window. That's just the easiest way to deal with it.
Top Top