Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 1:34:01 PM EDT
In a spinoff of the thread located here I'm asking the ARFCOM membership to tell me, and by virtue of this message board the entire world your UPS horror stories. I'll start things off.

Some of you know about the computer I ordered from newegg. See this for details on that. Anyways, the parts arrived mostly on time, and I thought all was well. Yesterday, I opened the boxes containing the needed parts and built the computer. When it came time to unpack and set up the LCD screen I got for it, that was the first sign of trouble. The box looked as though someone had played kickball with it. Assuming the styrofoam inside did its job, I opened the box. Parts of what was once a styrofoam mold for the screen come crumbling out. To get a visual, take a standard average styrofoam shipping mold, and break it into little pieces. That's what came out of the box. Not good.

So I unpack the screen, unwrap the plastic, and notice a bigassed crack running across the lower left quadrant of the screen. Okay, so the screen is fubar, but maybe it will work long enough to set up the computer. Hooked it up, and the thing wont even turn on. New egg was called, replacement overnighted, claim filed with UPS on my behalf. The replacement arrived via FEDEX (:D) without a scratch on it.

+1 fedex, +1 for newegg. -eleventy billion for UPS.

Your turn.

If this thread goes well I may do a daily/weekly Gripe about "something" thread.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
nobody has any gripes? come on.

bump
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
You never should have tried to use it once you noticed it was damaged.

I once ordered a 550 dollar camera and had it shipped with fedex.  It was lost in shipment, and the seller had to file a claim with fedex to get them to pay for a new one.  This was a Chrismas gift, and it took them about a month.  UPS and FEDEX both have their share of problems.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
nobody has any gripes? come on.

bump

I do!
My hair was around 4-8 inches long..... I shaved it down to 1/4 " 2 days ago.....now my head is sunburned!
-1 hair falling out
-1 sun too bright
+5 I won a Smitty hat at a shoot off , now I can block out sun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top