Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#1]
"For a Few Dollars More"  Where Clint Eastwood ensures a fair showdown between Colonel Mortimer and the man who raped and killed his sister.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I love movies that leave questions at the end.

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - when I first saw it, I was like "That's awesome!" and my friend went, "WHAT!?!?!? WHAT DOES HE DO?!?!?!" The two possible reactions in one room.

Lost In Translation - what does he say to her?

Boondock Saints - the reporter interviewing people and listening to people who support them and ones against them, makes you decide for yourself.

Then there are just plain awesome endings.

Fight Club - buildings collapsing, The Pixies rocking..."You met me at a very strange time in my life."...COCK hahaha

Almost Famous - after the bus drives off, it fades to black and the music keeps playing against the black screen to show that it's all about the music

Die Hard - "If this is their idea of Christmas, I gotta be here for New Years!"

I'm sure I'll think of more later on...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#3]
The Audition........what a sick bitch!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:20:42 AM EDT
[#4]
The Sting.
Ghost Dog: Way Of The Samurai- AWESOME ENDING!
Arlington Road

Absolute worst ending:

War Of The Worlds.  Fuck Stephen Spielberg.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#5]
The Matrix Telephone call
Spider-Man Web swinging

Not quite the end, but the last fight in The Matrix: Revolutions was cool as all hell
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#6]
RobRoy(the swordfight at the end)

We were soldiers( "Sir! All our men living & dead are off the field!")

Uncommon Valor("Y'a never quit, when it's for real!")

Last of the Mohicans (for the reasons stated)

Quigley Down under ("I never said I couldn't use 'em, Just said I had no use for 'em")

there's probably more I can't think of
H1
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Alien

remember how she saved that cute little kitty from the big bad monster.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#8]
"Quigley Down Under"

"I said I never had much use for one... never said I didn't know how to use it."
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Reservoir Dogs had a good ending.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#10]
One that hasn't been mentioned was The Ring.

I thought it was pretty cool how they made it seem like she just wanted to be set free and whatnot. Then it switched back to having her kill the guy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Band of brothers, Lord of the Rings, Pvt. Ryan, We were Soldiers,   So many good movies made by so many real fucktards...   Strange how that works.

Mark.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Absolute worst ending:

Try H.G. Welles, he wrote the book published in 1898.  Spielberg kept pretty close to it.  Fuck illiteracy.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
"The Last of The Mohicans"

That was one PISSED OFF father.  The scene gives me chills every time.

You don't fuck with Chigotchcook(sp), I don't think Magwa stood a chance in hell.

You should all be ashamed for not mentioning Tombstone
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The Matrix Telephone call
Spider-Man Web swinging

Not quite the end, but the last fight in The Matrix: Revolutions was cool as all hell

Oh yeah, the end of the Matrix with Neo realizing his powers is pretty awesome... Reality warping around him...

Forgot about that one!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolute worst ending:

Try H.G. Welles, he wrote the book published in 1898.  Spielberg kept pretty close to it.  Fuck illiteracy.  

Quite familiar with the book, but this thead is about MOVIES.  

BTW, I don't remember the book ending with the protagonist being reunited with his son, because Spielberg just have to have a happy ending.  I was pretty happy with the movie up until that last scene with the kid.  That ruined the whole movie for me.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolute worst ending:

He may mean the whole stupid "hey look, junior survived, come give pops a hug you crazy alien armageddon defying kook" thing.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Jackie Brown, driving away from Max Cherry's office as "Across 110th Street" plays.

Bridge on the River Kwai, "Madness, madness!"

Band of Brothers, when Major Winters talks about what happened to the surviving men after the war.

Blues Brothers, everyone in the cast singing "Jailhouse Rock"

And I think the end of Unforgiven is excellent, including the epilogue.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Butch Cassidey & the Sundance Kid

Butch:  Wait a minute.  You didn't see LaForge out there, did you?

Sundance:  No

Butch:  Whew, for a minute there I thought were were in trouble.

Or words to that effect....

And then when they run out and the Bolivian commander yells "Fire".

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Another one is from The Usual Suspects when Detective Kujan sits back to sip his coffee and suddenly realizes he's been had.  The transformation of Verbal into Kaiser Soze is just an awesome moment in film.

Another classic ending!

Soze means Verbal in Turkish, so any Turkish speakers were clued in early.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolute worst ending:

Quite familiar with the book, but this thead is about MOVIES.  

BTW, I don't remember the book ending with the protagonist being reunited with his son, because Spielberg just have to have a happy ending.  I was pretty happy with the movie up until that last scene with the kid.  That ruined the whole movie for me.  

He gets reunited with his wife at the end of the book if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Vanishing Point. Saw it in the theater as a kid,

Luckily it was just a broken down Camaro in that scene. Still a classic ending.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Murphy's War
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
(Director's cut) ending of the Butterfly Effect

That was a horrible ending,  I hated it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I always liked "By Dawn's Early Light"'s ending.

The pilot and James Earl Jones saluting each other.

Powers Booth and Rebecca de Mournay flying to Bora Bora....
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
"The Last of The Mohicans"

That was one PISSED OFF father.  The scene gives me chills every time.

Oh yes.  I get a deep-down glee to watch a father take swift revenge for the death of his son.  The look on the other guys face as he is owned is priceless.  Great moment.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Forgot a great one:

Electra Glide In Blue

Didn't see that coming at all.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#27]
ok I hope someone can finnaly tell me the name of this movie but its defintaly my favorite movie ending of all time
its a western were in the begining this guys about to be hanged and he ends up escaping runing away trying to get home and right as he's about to end it pans out and "SNAP" gallows drop and hes swinging then the credits roll.

Best damn twist ending I had ever seen cuz your like wow he made it then WHAM! guess not  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:27:02 PM EDT
[#28]
+1 Quigly Down Under

I can't believe no one has mentioned:

The Game - with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn

an amazing film...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Thief
James Caan

www.imdb.com/title/tt0083190/

I love that movie. I went out and bought a 1911 after I saw it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

that movie was the fucking ghey
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#31]
see avatar.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
ok I hope someone can finnaly tell me the name of this movie but its defintaly my favorite movie ending of all time
its a western were in the begining this guys about to be hanged and he ends up escaping runing away trying to get home and right as he's about to end it pans out and "SNAP" gallows drop and hes swinging then the credits roll.

Best damn twist ending I had ever seen cuz your like wow he made it then WHAM! guess not  

That had to be based off of a famous short story about a confederate spy getting hanged by the Union during the Civil War, but I can't remember who was the author, I think it might have been Stephen Crane...

ETA: Found it
The story was "An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge" written by Ambrose Bierce.  
It's not a western, but the escape from the hanging, only he didn't twist is there, they must have based the movie you are thinking about on this story.

An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That had to be based off of a famous short story about a confederate spy getting hanged by the Union during the Civil War, but I can't remember who was the author, I think it might have been Stephen Crane...

I believe Ambrose Bierce was the author. We got to see the movie in junior high, very well done.
"Occurance At Owl Creek Bridge" was the name of the short story.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
One that hasn't been mentioned was The Ring.

I thought it was pretty cool how they made it seem like she just wanted to be set free and whatnot. Then it switched back to having her kill the guy.

The ending saved that movie from being just another stupid cliche.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#36]
The end of Heat where DeNero pops around the corner and puts five shots into Paccino. Then gets away with his money.

Oh, but that is the way it should have happened becuase there was no way Paccino would have seen his shadow.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe Ambrose Bierce was the author. We got to see the movie in junior high, very well done.

Doh, I was a second too late!  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Band of brothers, Lord of the Rings, Pvt. Ryan, We were Soldiers,   So many good movies made by so many real fucktards...   Strange how that works.

Mark.

Speilberg and Hanks?!?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wow I remember watching that in high school! That was pretty funny, hehe.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

pfft! you're teh ghey.  I liked that movie.  I actually have the book he was reading throughout the movie.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pfft! you're teh ghey.  I liked that movie.  I actually have the book he was reading throughout the movie.

I know the guy who probably did the translation of your copy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark.

Speilberg and Hanks?!?

Yeah, I know Spielberg's a closet shooter, and Hanks is a history nut from what I gather, I'd consider him possibly a shooter.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#43]
+1 on The Usual Suspects.  One of my favorite movies and the best ending ever.
Besides that, Jacob's Ladder had a real mindfuck of an ending.
Also among my favorite endings is the end of Star Trek II, the Wrath of Khan.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Wow...I guess I am the first:

Return of the Jedi

Darth vader looking back and forth between Luke and the Emperor and the throwing the emperor off the ledge...The movie theater freaked...still gives me goose bumps
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Wow...I guess I am the first:

Return of the Jedi

Darth vader looking back and forth between Luke and the Emperor and the throwing the emperor off the ledge...The movie theater freaked...still gives me goose bumps

Yes you're the first. To mention a climax and not an ending.

The ending of Jedi was fireworks and dancing Ewoks. Hardly cinematic history. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Star Wars geek, but you're waaay off topic.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
The Sting.
Arlington Road

Absolute worst ending:

Absolute worst ending: Event Horizon
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Too Late the Hero
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#48]
A boy and his dog.
jb
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#49]
I liked the ending of Saving Private Ryan.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#50]
"Bambi Meets Godzilla" has a good ending
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top