Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 8:00:28 AM EDT
Lets say you have a Uhaul and you need to pick up various pieces of heavy cumbersome furniture around town and then put them in your house. Assuming you have no one to help you do it, is it outrageous to go down to the local mexican gethering point, hire two mexicans no questions asked for $50 for the day each, and drop them back off by afternoon?

ETA: I'm not going to do it. It was certainly tempting (although I don't know where the illegals gather here in PA). From my own observation it seems most contractors from Texas have no problem doing what I described in the original post. Anyway, I'm really just waiting for a friend in the area to file some company's report (he's an accountant) and give me a hand on Saturday. It's just frustrating living in a home with no furniture.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Let's see - Hiring illegal immigrants under the table tax free...check. Validating their erroneous decision to come here illegally...check.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#2]
it's only OK if you drop them off in Mexico when you're done with 'em
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Do that, and you are part of the problem with illegal immigration.  

Ask around your neighborhood for a couple of healthy high school kids who'd be interested in earning $50 for a day's work.  You'd probably find a couple - and you don't have to worry that they'll break into your house next week and steal your shit.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#4]

My personal feeling is anyone using illegals should be publicly flogged.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:15:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not going to do it. It was certainly tempting (although I don't know where the illegals gather here in PA). From my own observation it seems most contractors from Texas have no problem doing what I described in the original post. Anyway, I'm really just waiting for a friend in the area to file some company's report (he's an accountant) and give me a hand on Saturday. It's just frustrating living in a home with no furniture.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:16:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ask around your neighborhood for a couple of healthy high school kids who'd be interested in earning $50 for a day's work.  You'd probably find a couple - and you don't have to worry that they'll break into your house next week and steal your shit

We have a winner.
That was me when I was in high school.
It was joked that I was the neighborhood mexican.
"Hey Doc, I got a sofa I need moved - wanna make 20 bucks?"

Don't outsource oddjobs - kids at home need them more than the damn illegals.
Notice the word illegal?
They are criminals.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#7]
That's right, add to the problem, and commit a few crimes in the process. It only matters if you get caught.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I think illegals should be deported immediately, and their employers fined an ammount that makes it VERY cost prohibitive to have hired them in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think illegals should be deported immediately, and their employers fined an ammount that makes it VERY cost prohibitive to have hired them in the first place.

+1
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I just hired an Illegal Alien..............................
to.........
Type for me at ARFCOM...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
it's only OK if you drop them off in Mexico when you're done with 'em

Yeah, didn't your parents teach you to put things back where they blong when you are done with them?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I just hired an Illegal Alien..............................
to.........
Type for me at ARFCOM...

is that why it took so long to get that post done?

ETA: couldnt be anyway.... it wasn't in spanish with a REALLY bad attitude about it
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#13]
and then the illegals can come back and kill the homeowner after the illegals spent all day scoping out all the goodies in the house.

happens all too often.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:33:07 AM EDT
[#14]
After I build my "Thunderdome" I plan on hiring only day-laborers to work there.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:34:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Thank you for aiding and abetting the invasion of our country by a foreign nation.

I'm sure all those Americans who died in wars protecting our nation from foreign invaders over the past 240 years are sure glad you decided to reward foreign invaders just to save yourself a few bucks.

Your support and funding illegal immigrants won't go unnoticed.

I'm sure they'll erect a monument to quislings like you thanking you for surrendering your nation's soveriegnty over to Mexico without them ever having to fire a single shot.

Oh wait - they already did erect a monument:

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:35:12 AM EDT
[#16]
+1 on finding the high school kids.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:43:35 AM EDT
[#17]
You are a criminal just like them when you support illegals.

Supporting Illegals = Treason
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#18]
My dad did exactly what you described.

Well...  not exactly.

Instead of going to an illegal alien gathering point, he went to a local biker bar.

He found a small group of HUGE harley dudes, and bought them a round.
Then asked if they would help him move a washer and drier into our basement.
(when I was too young to help)

They were happy to help.

Screw the fucking illegals.  More than enough help out there if you are looking for it.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Its SOP in LA and in the border states with the gathering areas.

You get a pickup, you go to where they are hanging out and tell them you have a job. They will do a lot of work for a lot less.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask around your neighborhood for a couple of healthy high school kids who'd be interested in earning $50 for a day's work.  You'd probably find a couple - and you don't have to worry that they'll break into your house next week and steal your shit

We have a winner.
That was me when I was in high school.
It was joked that I was the neighborhood mexican.
"Hey Doc, I got a sofa I need moved - wanna make 20 bucks?"

Don't outsource oddjobs - kids at home need them more than the damn illegals.
Notice the word illegal?
They are criminals.

And or try your local boy scout troup. Those guys always need money for summer camp and or new equipment.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#21]
<Link to video removed.  Does it seem logical to anyone besides me it would likely be problematical to post a video called "The Amazing Racist" on a site where THE FIRST RULE OF THE CONDUCT CODE DEALS WITH THIS KIND OF THING??  "Probably not work safe" indeed.  Sheesh.  --tbk1>
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Its SOP in LA and in the border states with the gathering areas.

You get a pickup, you go to where they are hanging out and tell them you have a job. They will do a lot of work for a lot less.

Wrong.

It costs us a huge amount to have illegal aliens working here.

You need to include the DIRECT costs American citizens pay in supporting illegal aliens through DIRECT medical care costs, K-12 education costs, prison incarceration costs and other government services and handouts to them which is easily in the tens of billions of dollars. Just in Texas, California and Arizona alone, the DIRECT cost of illegal immigration in those states is $16BILLION per year - that's just in three states.

And then there's the INDIRECT cost of illegal aliens on American citizens from skyrocketting property crimes, violent crimes, motor-vehicle accidents and thefts, higher insurance premiums, higher medical premiums, more communicable diseases, greater drug trafficking and availability, depressed wages, neighborhood blight... the list goes on.

So please don't fall for and perpetuate the LIE that illegal immigration represents "cheap labor" - illegal aliens are anything but "cheap".

They cost us a LOT!!

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey, how many Mexicans does it take to roof a house?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Trolling.  7.) Posting topics or discussions with the desire to do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics meant to disrupt the site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or disrupt the ability for the site to function
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top