BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 6:55:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:56:04 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:00:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Dude, recently the wonderful attorney general in the state of Texas deemed poker runs as illegal gambling.

Go ahead.

ETA:  Read this
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:01:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Call your local H-D dealer and ask for the H.O.G. owners rep. he can hook you up.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:06:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:18:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:53:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My local FD www.cantonfiredepartment.com is looking at new ways to invovle the local businesses in supporting our station.  And we are also looking at new fundraiser activities.

A nearby station is hosting a 'Poker Run' for motorcyclists as a fundraiser.  

Our town has a monthly event (www.firstmondaycanton.com/modules/page/) that would tie in well with a poker run.

what dos it take to set one up? How difficult is it to manage? and what kind of interests should we appeal to for the most appeal?

I know ...nada...zilch... about a poker run.  Other than a few tidbits that I gleaned from a rather drunk biker last night.

TRG

A poker run, whether you are on a bike, canoe, or other vehicle, is usually run in this manner.
1. A group of people using the same form of transportation follow a specific route. Participants start one by one. It is not a race.
2. Participants stop off at specific points along the route to pick up a playing card. There is a person at each location to hand a card to each participant.
3. At the end of the route, each participant will have a full poker hand. That hand determines who wins whatever prize.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top