Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 5:39:16 AM EDT
I am looking into starting an indoor pistol range and was wondering if anyone here has one.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:43:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I work at one . (A Community College/Police Academy ) Want to see pics ?

It was set up by Caswell out of Minnesota. It uses rubber sheets and tons of crushed tire tread for a backstop.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:45:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I work at one . (A Community College/Police Acaemy ) Want to see pics ?

It was set up by Caswell out of Minnesota. It uses rubber sheets and tons of crushed tire tread for a backstop.

Where at? (IM me if you'd prefer)

I am always looking for nice places to shoot. If you're close, all the better.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:03:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I would love to see some pics.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where at? (IM me if you'd prefer)

I am always looking for nice places to shoot. If you're close, all the better.

Ann Arbor, MI. Washtenaw Community College. Not open to the public though. Not even me unless I'm there working. Although I think you can rent it for big bucks an hour with group and our Rangemaster. .  IM me if you want a tour, that's the best I can offer.

When I shoot, I shoot  at Island Lake Recreation Area (DNR) and Sharon Hollow Rec area (DNR also  ).
Sharon Hollow is free, But Island lake is closer to my client base so I can drop in between calls. Island Lake costs a couple bucks but it has the added value of pissing off the liberal neighbors. Who are campaigning mightily to shut it down.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Ann Arbor, MI. Washtenaw Community College. Not open to the public though. Not even me unless I'm there working. Although I think you can rent it for big bucks an hour with group and our Rangemaster. .  IM me if you want a tour, that's the best I can offer.

When I shoot, I shoot  at Island Lake Recreation Area (DNR) and Sharon Hollow Rec area (DNR also  ).
Sharon Hollow is free, But Island lake is closer to my client base so I can drop in between calls. Island Lake costs a couple bucks but it has the added value of pissing off the liberal neighbors. Who are campaigning mightily to shut it down.

Gotcha

Thanks for the reply. Even if I were an LEO I am a ways away from you there
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:15:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I would love to see some diagrams and or behind the scenes pics of how indor ranges work.

I think I know how they work.  But it would be neat to see all the ins and outs.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:23:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I work at one . (A Community College/Police Academy ) Want to see pics ?

Here are a few. I'll need to blur out some names before I post more. I work with some great people/instructors. The students are great too. We're seeing a lot more Military/Actual combat veterans coming through our classes.

These two young women passed our course including firing massive amounts of 12 Ga. slugs and buckshot. One of them was Army M.I. for 9 years.

This guy looks JUST like Jack Bauer. Says he never watches the show. We failed him. (just kidding, a great shooter) I'd show you his face ,but not without his permission.

The instructor  in the green sweat shirt is a lady Chief and a competitive shooter. She and her troops pack .45 ACP pistols at her Dept.

Me and my tactical beer muscle (green shirt)
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#8]
The Caswell system is really nice, allows for more lead collection to help offset costs and also requires less ventilation than normal traps.  If you go to their website and request info, they'll send you a packet with sales sheets, Sample Blueprints, and a video.  

Oh and they have a backstop thats rated for 50BMG.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:34:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here are a few. I'll need to blur out some names before I post more. I work with some great people/instructors. The students are great too. We're seeing a lot more Military/Actual combat veterans coming through our classes.

These two young women passed our course including firing massive amounts of 12 Ga. slugs and buchshot. One of them was Army M.I. for 9 years.
images.snapfish.com/3464%3B567%3B%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D3269%3E587%3E347%3EWSNRCG%3D323357%3A946585nu0mrj
This guy looks JUST like Jack Bauer. Says he never watches the show. We failed him. (just kidding, a great shooter)
images.snapfish.com/3464%3B567%3B%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D3269%3E587%3E347%3EWSNRCG%3D323357%3A955769nu0mrj
The instructor  in the green sweat shirt is a lady Chief and a competitive shooter. She and her troops pack .45 ACP pistols at her Dept.
images.snapfish.com/3464%3B567%3B%7Ffp345%3Enu%3D3269%3E587%3E347%3EWSNRCG%3D323357%3A946586nu0mrj
Me and my tactical beer muscle
images.snapfish.com/3464%3B567%3B%7Ffp343%3Enu%3D3269%3E587%3E347%3EWSNRCG%3D323357%3A95576%3Bnu0mrj

Thanks. Looks really nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top