Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/9/2006 5:31:20 AM EDT
So I wake yp this morning and flip on the tv, go through a few channels until I see Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez live on CNN(bless me father for I have sinned). And what is he talking about? He's saying the Patriot Act is a great tool for fighting against the increase in crystal meth in this country.

Did we give them an inch?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:33:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SnoopisTDI:

More like a rope
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:35:03 AM EDT
While I am for most of the Patriot Act, and for ridding our country of meth, I believe that addding these provisions to the Patriot Act has just proven the point of many of the detractors of the act. It is no longer a terrorist fighting tool, but a liberty destroying one!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:42:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GUNGUY1911:
While I am for most of the Patriot Act, and for ridding our country of meth, I believe that addding these provisions to the Patriot Act has just proven the point of many of the detractors of the act. It is no longer a terrorist fighting tool, but a liberty destroying one!

Exactly the way I feel.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:45:30 AM EDT
It's just a poorly planned law enforcement wishlist.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:48:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2006 5:50:42 AM EDT by Cross_Steel]
Just wait a few years until a Democrat starts using the Patriot Act for their "War on Guns".

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." --Adolf Hitler, 1935
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:54:45 AM EDT

So I wake yp this morning and flip on the tv, go through a few channels until I see Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez live on CNN(bless me father for I have sinned). And what is he talking about? He's saying the Patriot Act is a great tool for fighting against the increase in crystal meth in this country.

You surprised??
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:59:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2006 6:01:16 AM EDT by Admiral_Crunch]

Originally Posted By Cross_Steel:
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." --Adolf Hitler, 1935

Hitler never said that. It's a bogus quote.

That said, the Patriot Act was never intended to be used to fight drugs.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:06:07 AM EDT

Yes we did.

Similar to the DUI check points. Blatantly unconstitutional but the supremes said it was okay because it would save lives. A few years later one of the state was doing drug possession checks and saying "if DUI check points are legal then this should be too". The supremes decided that was not okay. Some times the Supreme Court decides based on playing rock/paper/scissors.
Top Top