Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 10:40:29 PM EDT
Stars jimmy stewart. Interesting story. Not on DVD, only on cable. One of the movies that got me interested in guns.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:00:39 PM EDT
How many times have I watched that movie?

From start to end only a few times.

From a middle to end several dozen times.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:08:15 AM EDT
Anyone else???

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:11:06 AM EDT
Been quite awhile, but yeah, I've seen it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:13:27 AM EDT
I've seen it. Interesting that gun was developed by a convict serving time.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:25:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By raven:
I've seen it. Interesting that gun was developed by a convict serving time.

Williams did NOT develop the M1 Carbine while in prison. He developed his idea for a short-stroke tappet piston while in prison. Winchester hired him to complete a carbine designe first begun by John Browning's half-brother. Williams was out of prison while working for Winchester.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:28:36 AM EDT
Comes around regularly on TCM. Wish there were no commercials. You might try the Turner site and see if you can buy a copy there. I think they must own the rights.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:29:10 AM EDT
Williams also spent a considerable amount of time at Aberdeen Proving Ground while working for Winchester, which is where my dad met him. Dad has a set of files (gun files, like for filing metal) that once belonged to Williams.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:34:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By callgood:
Comes around regularly on TCM. Wish there were no commercials. You might try the Turner site and see if you can buy a copy there. I think they must own the rights.

It's not on any format you can buy - vhs or dvd.

I'll have to keep watching the schedule for it. It's been awhile since I've seen it.
Top Top