Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 10:40:29 PM EDT
Stars jimmy stewart. Interesting story. Not on DVD, only on cable. One of the movies that got me interested in guns.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
How many times have I watched that movie?

From start to end only a few times.

From a middle to end several dozen times.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone else???

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Been quite awhile, but yeah, I've seen it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:13:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I've seen it.  Interesting that gun was developed by a convict serving time.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've seen it.  Interesting that gun was developed by a convict serving time.

Williams did NOT develop the M1 Carbine while in prison. He developed his idea for a short-stroke tappet piston while in prison. Winchester hired him to complete a carbine designe first begun by John Browning's half-brother. Williams was out of prison while working for Winchester.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:28:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Comes around regularly on TCM. Wish there were no commercials. You might try the Turner site and see if you can buy a copy there. I think they must own the rights.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:29:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Williams also spent a considerable amount of time at Aberdeen Proving Ground while working for Winchester, which is where my dad met him. Dad has a set of files (gun files, like for filing metal) that once belonged to Williams.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:34:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Comes around regularly on TCM. Wish there were no commercials. You might try the Turner site and see if you can buy a copy there. I think they must own the rights.

It's not on any format you can buy - vhs or dvd.

I'll have to keep watching the schedule for it. It's been awhile since I've seen it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top