Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 7:30:52 PM EDT
This guy at work got fired today and apparently made some threats because there was a big meeting afterward with the upper management and from what I hear they have hired private armed security company and put the local PD on alert.

I don't have a CCW but do have a Keltec sub2000 that would fit in a laptop bag... should I bring it to work?

Serioulsy though I wonder what he said he seemed like a pretty harmless guy

eta: not planning on bringing a gun into work
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Lord knows that Rent-A-Cop ain't gonna be worth a shit.........
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#2]
no.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#3]
He must have made some pretty impressive threats.........
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
"Office Space", the DVD and maybe some meds for the poor guy.

Firing someone is an art. You gotta do it right or else they go batshit crazy and end up killing other peons.

Also, why don't you have CCW?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess I'll have to find a different McDonald's to frequent for a while.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I don't have a CCW but do have a Keltec sub2000 that would fit in a laptop bag... should I bring it to work?

It's up to you, but are you ready and willing to accept the consequences of having a firearm in the workplace?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This guy at work got fired today and apparently made some threats because there was a big meeting afterward with the upper management and from what I hear they have hired private armed security company and put the local PD on alert.

Hell yeah you should...
Just don't tell anybody...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"Office Space", the DVD and maybe some meds for the poor guy.

Firing someone is an art. You gotta do it right or else they go batshit crazy and end up killing other peons.

Also, why don't you have CCW?

because I live in NYS , westchester county where a pistol permit is only good at the range, all other times it has to be at home
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's up to you, but are you ready and willing to accept the consequences of having a firearm in the workplace?

what consequences other than having to use it?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
He must have made some pretty impressive threats.........

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Being fired. And the possibility of them callign the cops on you and you going to jail.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Moving to a new stae would fix two problems.  You could get a CCW, and you would not be near that guy.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Ooh, then they can fire you too.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would you get fired if it was discovered?

Would you get charged by the police with a crime?

Weigh the risks.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weigh the risks.

I have no idea... I will have to look
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Being fired. And the possibility of them callign the cops on you and you going to jail.

It must suck to work at a place like that.  Where I work, CCW is encouraged.

In fact, I even scared the shit out of my boss one day.  I showed up at 5am to get ready for a long day of installing some new backhaul equipment.  I found the door to the office unlocked, no cars in the parking lot, and the security system turned off.  I naturally got suspicious, grabbed my CCW and surefire flashlight out of my camelback, and started snooping around.  We carry massive amounts of computer and networking hardware in the store, so it is not outside the realm of possibility that someone broke in.  Anyways, I find my boss back in the server room, with all the lights off, working on the e-mail server.

He was proud that I actually took the time to look around
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that would be the day that the bag breaks and spills the contents all ovre the floor, or some nosy co-worker decides to borrow a pen out of the bag..... just that kind of shit that can get you in a lot more trouble that it would ever be worht
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Get a CWP, I pack at work all the time....trust no one.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ooh, then they can fire you too.

+1
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weigh the risks.

Is it going to be in your presence all day?  for a week? or two or three?  would you have time to deploy it before you got shot?  And does the risk of being fired outweigh the risk of being deaded?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Getting killed or possibly fired......hhmmmmmmmmm thats a tought one.

Just dont get caught. Get a locked brief case, keep it in there. You shoot the bad guy in self defense, and they pursue charges against you, sue for an unsafe workplace.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#23]
the best defense is a good offense.  kill the fart
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:08:12 PM EDT
[#24]
used to happen all the time at my old job, then mgt. would hire off duty cops for a week or so, it sucked ass, because we all got searched entering the plant, having a cop there didn't realy matter cause there'd only be one cop at the front lobby where everyone came in normaly, but about twenty other doors to come in if they wanted too come back and light some people up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top