Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 5:56:11 PM EDT
Since no shots were fired this will probably be one more incident that won't be included in the statistics that show guns prevent crime.

Akron
75-Year-Old Woman Defends Herself Against Thieves
March 8, 2006, 09:23 PM EST  

A couple of thieves in Akron picked the wrong house to rob, ONN Affiliate WEWS reports.

75-year-old Eleanor Lynn saw strangers coming inside her house and took action.

She pulled out her chrome-plated automatic pistol that she calls, “The Peacemaker,” and the thieves ran away.

Neighbor Loleta Gill knew that the strangers were up to no good when she saw them walking slowly in front of her neighbor’s house at around 10 a.m.

“They stopped and I was looking out the kitchen window and I could see they kept looking at the house and everything,” Gill said.

Within minutes, the thieves were at the front door of Lynn’s home.

Lynn said that she keeps her gun in her chair with her.  After pulling out the gun, the thieves saw it and quickly left the premises.

She called the police and they caught the thieves a short time later.

http://www.onnnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=4602119

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#1]
SATURDAY NIGHT!  Way to go lady!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#3]
75 year old woman with firearm defends herself against thieves.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish she had like a fuckin .500 S&W. Just because it would be even more unexpected.

I call the .500 S&W the peace maker.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The Brady Bunch isn't going to like her very much.

*snicker*
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Go granny GO!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know if I would be more scared of the gun or that wig.

Good "draw down" granny.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#8]
There has been a string of crimes against the elderly in Akron, OH over the last year......a few have been murdered, robbed, etc......Apparently, this woman was not going to be next!.....I say more power to her, she didn't live to be in her 70s by being a wuss.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:33:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Everyone knows that if she really had a gun, the thieves would have just taken it and used it against her.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Go granny go. I am not seeing a chrome-plated automatic pistol in that picture though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top