Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 5:09:17 PM EDT
I received a letter for the guy who lived here before me (I've lived in this apartment for over a year).  I would just throw the letter away, but the address is hand written, and it looks important.  I have no idea where the guy moved off to.

I've read or heard somewhere that you can write "Refused" or something to that effect on the envelope, and put it in the mailbox, and the mail people will send it to the return address; is this true?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#1]
write "return to sender" and put it back in the mailbox
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Write something like "moved no forwarding address", or "no longer resides here"  the mailman will generally sceen from then on!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys!

will do.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#5]
"RTS" on the envelope will suffice

"Return To Sender"
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I always like "Return to Sender. Address Unknown." But you have to be an Elvis fan, I guess.

Since my baby left me, I found a new place to dwell. It's down in the middle of Lonely Street, called Heartbreak Hotel. . .
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I always like "Return to Sender. Address Unknown." But you have to be an Elvis fan, I guess.

Since my baby left me, I found a new place to dwell. It's down in the middle of Lonely Street, called Heartbreak Hotel. . .

DAYUM!!! You beat me to it!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#8]
the actual term that the post office prefers is "Attempted Not Known"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top