Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 4:58:58 PM EDT
saw it on scifi channel last night after sg-1. holy shit! it was a relatively low budget flick but it had oodles of gun goodness in it as 6 brit squaddies are hunted by werewolves. plus, the guys were really good at the banter and even a lot of their moves were really squared away (not all, but most).

found it on amazon.com. i might have to get the dvd just for shits & giggles. i'd have to say i recommend it as a cut above the usual genre!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw it a few months back,not bad at all.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#2]
i have seen it,and now i keep several mags loaded with silver bullets because of that.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Think it was good on TV? Wait till you see the DVD - lots of guts and glory! I own it, so that's what I think of it. Best line in the movie?

"Where's spoon?"

"There is no spoon."
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Wasn't bad. Mrs gorilla made me watch it, and I'm not upset that she did, now.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Think it was good on TV? Wait till you see the DVD - lots of guts and glory! I own it, so that's what I think of it. Best line in the movie?

"Where's spoon?"

"There is no spoon."

"hold your ears....mind your toes"

good flick
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#6]
awesome movie.
I don't buy a lot of DVDs but I bought that one
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Seen it before, my son watched it also last night also - he's both a SciFi AND a gun-movie nut!  I always thought it was pretty good.  Since I spent some time working in the UK, I had to explain to him what some of the Brit comments meant, like "chinstrapped" and "knackered"!

I thought I had read somewhere that a sequel was coming out, where the survivor trains with some U.S. soldiers, and they run into the same thing.  Anyone hear this?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Seen it before, my son watched it also last night also - he's both a SciFi AND a gun-movie nut!  I always thought it was pretty good.  Since I spent some time working in the UK, I had to explain to him what some of the Brit comments meant, like "chinstrapped" and "knackered"!

I thought I had read somewhere that a sequel was coming out, where the survivor trains with some U.S. soldiers, and they run into the same thing.  Anyone hear this?

Great movie. I always desribe it as a cross between Predator and American Werewolf in London.

Dog Soliders: Fresh Meat

Pvt. Laurence Cooper (survivor of first film) is picked up by a team of American soldiers who are on maneuvers. Cooper's story of werewolves in the woods is met with skepticism until the soldiers return to the now-destroyed farmhouse and discover evidence that something strange indeed went on. They discover a soldier from Capt. Ryan's special ops team (who were mentioned in the first film, but never seen), who explains that his company was also slaughtered by werewolves and have become the werewolves in this film.

LATEST NEWS

1/31/05
Deathwatch writer/director Michael J. Bassett is in talks to direct the film, which is slated to begin shooting this Spring.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#9]
It wasn't bad, it's not a movie that I want to "own" as I've seen it several times on Direct TV. It was entertaining, just not "captivating", if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:46:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I own it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Good flick...in fact, we had a multi-page thread here about it just last month!

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw that a while back. It was entertaining with lots of HK action.

The U.S. has zombies.
The UK has werewolves.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Saw it when it first came out on video. Not totally bad, but as you said, low budget by todays standards. Twenty years ago it would have been considered major effects.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Bought it a few years ago, when it was new.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:55:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Cool flick.

I watched last year w/a friend from Scotland who loved it. Seems he thinks we here in the states don't speak intelligently....
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:03:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Good flick. Most of those Saturday flicks that SciFi buys are crap, but every so often, you get a Dog Soldiers or Slipstream or some other watchable B-grade movie.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:20:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Bought it on DVD after seeing it on scifi,excellent movie.Good news on a sequel
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:51:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Good flick...watched the last half again the other night.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Good flick...in fact, we had a multi-page thread here about it just last month!

No Expert

aaahhh, no shit???

ETA: hahahaha not exactly multi-page but it IS the original!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#20]
watch it every coupla weeks.  I love watching B flicks for the reason of finding one as good as this.

"I hope I give you the shits..."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top