Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/8/2006 12:52:06 PM EDT
Well, I knew WhiteCastle was not renown for the quality of their burgers.

Krystal burgers seemed much the same to me and more familiar.
In a Krystal is where my dad took me to eat "real food" when
"Ginny" (The hag he married after my mom) went all vegitarian on him.

I dislike my dad to the extent that I can't express it on the intraweb
for many different reasons, but, suffice it to say, I remember him rescueing
me to Krystals for a friggin' burger as my defining father/son moment with my pops.

Ok...So...Lots of things have turned me inward lately and, I decide...."Ok...White Castle
seems like Krystals...(Which blew)...Let's try it!

I got the #1 combo meal with cheese.

It consisted of...

1- Small order of...mm...Fries? They were ok....Screw it..I wasn't after fries anyway.
2- (4) Burgers. Singularly unimpressive. I know...I wasn't expecting rocket science.

I have to say....That mess was the awfulest crap that has passed my mouth in a while.
WTF is wrong with people that purposely GO to White Castle?! WHY?! That crap is the worst
swill served to a human I have ever come across!
I know now why i left the midwest. White Castle! GAHHHHHH! My belly hurts!
(Not really..But need it for drama)

GoonBoss's Review: out of

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:54:12 PM EDT
TMI.

White Castle tastes good, has bad effects.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:54:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 12:57:43 PM EDT by Penguin_101]

Originally Posted By Goonboss:
Well, I knew WhiteCastle was not renown for the quality of their burgers.

Krystal burgers seemed much the same to me and more familiar.
In a Krystal is where my dad took me to eat "real food" when
"Ginny" (The hag he married after my mom) went all vegitarian on him.

I dislike my dad to the extent that I can't express it on the intraweb
for many different reasons, but, suffice it to say, I remember him rescueing
me to Krystals for a friggin' burger as my defining father/son moment with my pops.

Ok...So...Lots of things have turned me inward lately and, I decide...."Ok...White Castle
seems like Krystals...(Which blew)...Let's try it!

I got the #1 combo meal with cheese.

It consisted of...

1- Small order of...mm...Fries? They were ok....Screw it..I wasn't after fries anyway.
2- (4) Burgers. Singularly unimpressive. I know...I wasn't expecting rocket science.

I have to say....That mess was the awfulest crap that has passed my mouth in a while.
WTF is wrong with people that purposely GO to White Castle?! WHY?! That crap is the worst
swill served to a human I have ever come across!
I know now why i left the midwest. White Castle! GAHHHHHH! My belly hurts!
(Not really..But need it for drama)

GoonBoss's Review: out of

+1, but I will eat it every once in awhile, but usually no.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:57:29 PM EDT
The only taste good when you're drunk.....

marginally better than a McD's......
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:58:24 PM EDT
Times of my life. allnight drinking at strip bars, broke, disgusted and with sunlight rapidly approaching that feeling of hunger. Enter White Castle.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:02:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 1:02:21 PM EDT by blacklisted]
White Castle is a powerful laxitive.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:03:25 PM EDT
Yummmmmmmmm Sliders............
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:07:07 PM EDT
If you didn't have their Jalepenjo Cheeseburgers.....you can't comment with any authority.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:09:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pcsutton:
If you didn't have their Jalepenjo Cheeseburgers.....you can't comment with any authority.

No way in hell
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:10:54 PM EDT

No way in hell

Lightweight!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:11:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 1:12:11 PM EDT by Colt_SBR]
They both suck.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:13:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 1:14:15 PM EDT by Hellhound]
Never had White Castle, don't care to even try.

Krystal rulz 'em all.

ETA: SToopid spellin'
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:13:50 PM EDT
It was a slow starting movie. at first i didn't get it then I thought it was just another stoner movie, but by the end it actually turned out to be pretty funny.

www.apple.com/trailers/newline/harold_and_kumar
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:14:24 PM EDT

FOUR?

Four is an appetizer. Four is how many you eat waiting in line to order your MEAL.

Unfortunately, the last time I ate at White Castle, it was like drinking the water in Mexico. I thought I would die. It's been a few years...I should try again.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:15:23 PM EDT

No way in hell

Lightweight!

I'd fear for my life at that point.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:16:30 PM EDT
White Castle like a local taco joint where I live is cheap and open when the bars close. How long after you ate your "sliders" did you visit the bathroom?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:16:42 PM EDT
I was in OH for a while and got the chance to goto one, since I have been born and raised up here in AK all my life.

Never again.

I want to go back through the south again just so I can hit up a Sonic, now that's good fast food.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:18:33 PM EDT
My experience: My brother & sister-in-law moved to Chicago back in the 80's. A year or 2 later, her brother and I drove up there to hang out for a week.

Sis-in-law, her brother and I drive out to pick up my brother after work one day. We had a little time, so we decided to find out about this "White Castle" that the locals raved about. We ordered 2 each via the drive thru, then go park in front of my brother's office. As it happened, we all bit into our burgers at the same moment. In perfect unison, we all made nasty faces, rolled the windows down and spit that shit out of the car.

We had to make a stop at the dumpster to purge the car of that vile crap.

Never again.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:20:01 PM EDT
The real white castle experience happens a few hours later with an oozing amount of froth
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:23:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Chaingun:
The real white castle experience happens a few hours later with an oozing amount of froth

I went to the gym like, an hour after and, I let the nastyiest smelling
deposit go in the toilet I could ever imagine. I was the first time
I offended myself. (After working out)
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:23:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SperlingPE:
White Castle like a local taco joint where I live is cheap and open when the bars close. How long after you ate your "sliders" did you visit the bathroom?

Ha! I've only eaten there once, probably about 10 years ago. I ate my "sliders" in the car on the way home... about a 15 minute drive. I had to use the can immediately when we got to the house. It didn't take long to figure out why they call them "sliders." Slide right in, slide right out!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:25:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:

Exactly
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:28:27 PM EDT
Mmm...gooburgers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:30:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 1:30:54 PM EDT by Carter226]

Originally Posted By yekimak:
I was in OH for a while and got the chance to goto one, since I have been born and raised up here in AK all my life.

Never again.

I want to go back through the south again just so I can hit up a Sonic, now that's good fast food.

You aint a shitin I love it...a little too much.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:30:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 1:31:37 PM EDT by Greenhorn]
I used to think they were nast, but that was just because of how they looked and what others who never tried them said about them. But then I tried one, and I think they're absolutely delicious now. Especially the jalepeno ones. I also now understand that they look the way they do because theyr'e not really hamburgers, they're basically a meatloaf.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:33:40 PM EDT
"Yeah, I need two Chicken Rings with cheese and a large soda please."
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:35:13 PM EDT
Only newbs walk into White Castle sober.

I don't understand how people say Krystal's is better. Same crap.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:37:31 PM EDT
You guys are insane !!

Whitey's are like delicious edible magic.

To be fair, I only eat them about two times a year (but I WANT to eat them every day), but then I buy a crave case and go crazy! Yum - eating about 20 of those suckers in one day is an almost religious experience for me.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:38:44 PM EDT

This should be common knowledge. Sliders should never be consumed during daylight hours unless the party didn't end until the sun came up.

Goonboss - no offense but your review does not count because you were sober, tie one on, hit the Castle around 3am and then let us know what you think.

And yes I'm serious.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:41:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fireguy:

This should be common knowledge. Sliders should never be consumed during daylight hours unless the party didn't end until the sun came up.

Goonboss - no offense but your review does not count because you were sober, tie one on, hit the Castle around 3am and then let us know what you think.

And yes I'm serious.

Great...the ONE GD time I'm sober, and, my opinion doesn't count?!

DAMN!

No chance on 0300.....I don't leave the casa...Be it a hotel room or home when I drink
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:43:46 PM EDT
White Castle Burgers make my farts stink horribly, but....God help me, I love 'em!!!! And the fresh ones are 10 times better than the frozen ones you can get at the grocery store. The onion chips are no slouch, either! Fortunately, I very seldom eat them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:45:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 1:46:16 PM EDT by gaspasser]
Whities are like Franklin Roosevelt, either loved or hated...no in between. I hate the vile things, my wife loves them. She even buys the frozen ones in the super market.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:47:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:50:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gloftoe:
You know, I buy the frozen White Castle hamburgers and cheeseburgers at the grocery store. I like em. When I finally got the chance to eat at a REAL White Castle, I did. And it was decent fast food. I can't understand why people can't stomach them/vomit after they eat them/have the shits for days afterward.

5.03 is what I paid for (4) of those bowel bombs with cheese and some fries.

5.03 would be much better spent elsewhere. 5.03......That total will be burned in my brain.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:50:43 PM EDT

And yes I'm serious.

DAMN!

No chance on 0300.....I don't leave the casa...Be it a hotel room or home when I drink

Send the wifey on burger run - problem solved.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:52:24 PM EDT
Ive eaten the frozen White Castles from the grocery store and they tasted fresh, but kind of plain tasting
no digestion problems?

IN -N- Out burgers is more of an American classic style of burgers, better than White Castle
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:54:53 PM EDT

And yes I'm serious.

DAMN!

Send the wifey on burger run - problem solved.

Bro...I live in TX....No way any place like that in TX makes any money.

No white Castles in TX.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:56:47 PM EDT

No white Castles in TX.

So all of you people that have been telling me how wonderful Texas is were lying?

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:01:30 PM EDT
White castle= Good eats
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:02:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

No white Castles in TX.

So all of you people that have been telling me how wonderful Texas is were lying?

You're killing me.

Ok..there MAY be some White Castles in TX......

Just not around the redneck area I'm from.

Sonic Rulz around here.

Thatand Dairy Queen.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:06:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 2:07:15 PM EDT by Goonboss]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:58:55 PM EDT

And yes I'm serious.

Same as Waffle House. Only good after a night of carousing & debauchery.

No White Castles here in western MO anymore No Krystals either.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:16:59 PM EDT

No white Castles in TX.

There was a general who said "if you gave me Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas."
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:32:44 PM EDT
I actually like sliders, but I like the chicken with cheese sammiches alot more. Really good with that honey mustard stuff they have.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:32:55 PM EDT

You guys are insane !!

To be fair, I only eat them about two times a year (but I WANT to eat them every day), but then I buy a crave case and go crazy! Yum - eating about 20 of those suckers in one day is an almost religious experience for me.

Now I know you're not from Holland! No Dutchie would be that messed up! Poser!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:28:03 PM EDT

You guys are insane !!

DK-Prof, You are a man with whom I'd gladly share a trip to the "WC lounge" anytime you're out this way!!

Hell, My treat!

Tall Shadow
^^^^^^^^^
Raised to know about the TRUE love/respect of the Slider!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:40:37 PM EDT
this thread has reminded how much i wish i didn't have to drive 2 hours for the nearest white castle.

thanks for reminding me man, my stomach is growling already...........
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:42:45 PM EDT
Don't leave a uneaten slider in the car overnight. The smell will linger for months
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:44:54 PM EDT
I would still rather have 1 5x5 from In-N-Out than 20 sliders.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:48:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tall_Shadow:

DK-Prof, You are a man with whom I'd gladly share a trip to the "WC lounge" anytime you're out this way!!

Hell, My treat!

All right! I'll totally hold you to that if I make it up there someday!

Originally Posted By twonami:
Don't leave a uneaten slider in the car overnight. The smell will linger for months

AWESOME IDEA !!

I'm totally going to do that next time I go to WC.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:48:23 PM EDT
you need a minimum of 8 sliders to pass judgement
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top