Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:09:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What about RKBA?  Would you live in a subdivision with a Home Owners Association/restrictions/covenants that prohibited firearms on your property?

I would never even look at a house with HOA.

Actually there were many "arbitrary" things described only as "nuisance behavior" or similar vague terms. If they deemed firearm ownership to be a "risk activity" they could order you to dispose of them or lose your home.

I'm amazed anyone signs this crap.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Look into a nice  trailer park  ?

Yeah because that is the only other option.

I took the advice I gave the agent and found several "nice" homes in "nice" areas that DON'T have a HOA. And if my neighbors grass gets tall I'll ask him to mow it and he will do the same for me if I happen to neglect it.

And NOBODY will get a letter in the mail about how you are going to have a lein placed on your property.

And quite honestly, if my "nice" neighbor paints his fucking house PURPLE then I just have to live with it. After all it is HIS fucking house. Who am I to dictate what color he may paint HIS HOUSE? Not like I have to live in it. And if I decide I want it painted another color I am free to purchase it from him and paint it any color I may choose.

That is what PRIVATE FUCKING PROPERTY is all about.

I agree with you 100% that it is all about private property, and you should vote with your wallet.  Don't like a HOA, definitely do not buy a house in one.  That's the beauty of the market.

However, I think it's important to acknowledge that both an HOA neighborhood and a non-HOA neighborhood are both just different choices about RISK.

By buying a house in a HOA, you run the risk that some insane HOA president with a Mussolini complex will make your life a living hell, and you run the risk of unreaonable rules limiting what you can do with your property.  On the plus side, HOA really defend you against actions of neighbors that could lower your property value.  For a person who has no interest in doing any of the things that the HOA might object to anyway, then the HOA might be a very good choice, since it helps reduce the risk of any threat to his investment.

By buying a house outside a HOA, you run the risk (like others have pointed out) that a complete asshole will move in next to you, or across the street, and proceed with various activities that will really damage your property value and resale possibilities.  City codes and police are not going to be much help, and you might see substantial value and investment in your house get flushed down the drain by the actions of insensitive assholes, and have no recourse.  But, on the upside, you are free to paint your house any color, put up flagpoles and playsets and park boats and RV's in your front yard.

So it really just depends on what the individual homebuyer is more risk-averse towards, and how much they are about the restrictions that a HOA might place on them.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#3]
this topic always bring out the nuts here.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:13:27 PM EDT
[#4]
HOAs are totally alien to the concept of property rights. Either your property is free to do what you wish with it, or it's not.

My parents live in a neighborhood with a HOA, and they like it. I don't get it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't read all 3 pages but last year my wife and I walked away from a house (detached condo, to be specific) that was essentially the house of my dreams... I am still kind of bummed we didn't put money down on them but there were 3 things that factored into our decision:

1 - Small yard/not enough room between houses. I'm currently in a subdivision and I'm 15' or so away from my neighbor... they're idiots and I want more room.

2 - Driveway could fit two cars in it, that's all!

3 - Homeowners association... Stupid rules right up front. No fences at all. They told me we could put in an invisible fence to keep my dog in. That's great, but what's going to stop a 15lb raccoon from tearing up my 9lb dog?

If the place didn't have those three problems, I'd have had a very difficult decision to face (how to finance one of those places while fixing up and selling my old place...)
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#6]
BTW that looks like a nice place Steyr, didn't mean to be rude.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Look into a nice  trailer park  ?

Yeah because that is the only other option.

I took the advice I gave the agent and found several "nice" homes in "nice" areas that DON'T have a HOA. And if my neighbors grass gets tall I'll ask him to mow it and he will do the same for me if I happen to neglect it.

And NOBODY will get a letter in the mail about how you are going to have a lein placed on your property.

And quite honestly, if my "nice" neighbor paints his fucking house PURPLE then I just have to live with it. After all it is HIS fucking house. Who am I to dictate what color he may paint HIS HOUSE? Not like I have to live in it. And if I decide I want it painted another color I am free to purchase it from him and paint it any color I may choose.

That is what PRIVATE FUCKING PROPERTY is all about.

I agree with you 100% that it is all about private property, and you should vote with your wallet.  Don't like a HOA, definitely do not buy a house in one.  That's the beauty of the market.

However, I think it's important to acknowledge that both an HOA neighborhood and a non-HOA neighborhood are both just different choices about RISK.

By buying a house in a HOA, you run the risk that some insane HOA president with a Mussolini complex will make your life a living hell, and you run the risk of unreaonable rules limiting what you can do with your property.  On the plus side, HOA really defend you against actions of neighbors that could lower your property value.  For a person who has no interest in doing any of the things that the HOA might object to anyway, then the HOA might be a very good choice, since it helps reduce the risk of any threat to his investment.

By buying a house outside a HOA, you run the risk (like others have pointed out) that a complete asshole will move in next to you, or across the street, and proceed with various activities that will really damage your property value and resale possibilities.  City codes and police are not going to be much help, and you might see substantial value and investment in your house get flushed down the drain by the actions of insensitive assholes, and have no recourse.  But, on the upside, you are free to paint your house any color, put up flagpoles and playsets and park boats and RV's in your front yard.

So it really just depends on what the individual homebuyer is more risk-averse towards, and how much they are about the restrictions that a HOA might place on them.

Thats the point of the HOA, to protect your property value (see blue highlights).  Like Hokie originally stated, as I agreed with and echoed, and not as Prof reiterated, if you don't like HOA's don't buy in an area with one.   You may not care if dude paints his house like that.  But when you go to sell your house and you get $10-20,000 less than you otherwise would have...well...that sucks.  If I need to be an asshole, living with an HOA, and to not allow a neighbor to paint his house purple and preserve $10-20,000 worht of equity...well then call me an asshole.

I just find it interesting everyone is always talking about freedom to do what you please, especially on your own property, which I agree with.

However, when other folks are willing to enter into a contract set forth by an HOA, many not nearly as stringent as the one Steyr described, that make them forfeit certain freedoms such as what color they can paint their house, they catch endless flak.  The same freedoms that allow people to purchase outside an HOA, is the same freedom that allows people to purchase within one.

Case in point, when I was in the PROC we lived in a little subdivision with an HOA.  Not nearly as strict as Steyr's.  Like him, I probably would have moved on if the provisions he quotes were in my old one.  When we left the PRCO we decided no more HOA, so we moved out here in the "country" where there is none.  We can do as we please for the most part and so can out neighbors.  So far no purple houses.

Freedom is cool.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Screw a HOA.  They suck.

Max
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Too bad.looks like a very nice home. But i would not live in a place where a bunch of ladies decide how my property is going to look.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#10]
That's a really nice house... HOAs can be good or bad, it depends on who is running them. The sad thing is nobody wants the job except for some bizzybody or little Hitler.
Mine is pretty impotent, they have rules and don't enforce them, they just take money every year to mow the front and throw up lights. My bitch with them is that they keep wanting more friggin' money every year. It was $45yr 6yrs ago, now it's $100yr. They don't enforce the rules (I don't mean the silly ones, I'm talking about the real useful ones.)

Nobody goes to the meetings, there were 6 members out of 42 homes. I was in this neighborhood before they formed the stupid thing (I asked about it when I bought the house) and have told them I'm not in it, but I paid because I didn't want to be an asshole, but I'm sick of their shit. My lawyer told me that since they are not enforcing the rules, they are in breech, and don't pay them, so I'm not anymore.

President came by when I was building my privacy fence and made a remark about not seeing submited plans (he may have been kidding, but I don't like him so...) I told him if he stepped on my property again I would have him arrested and I would file harssment charges. They have left me alone for about 2yrs now.

Too bad for you, that looks liek a very nice home.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Why not go out of town SteyrAug?  I grew up half in town, and the last half in the country.  It is pretty nice, view, no neighbors to bug or to bug me.  Shooting whenever I want to in the back yard...  It may be a bit more of a commute, but for my dad, an extra 15-20min a day to work wasn't a big deal.  

I know live in an apartment in College.  I don't even have a barn, but we got a HOA!  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Not only that look out the window i the bathroom! You have a view of like 5 other houses!

Give me, land lots of land! Don't fence me in!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF? You can have a helluva bit of fun fucking with the institution, let alone 99% of the people in a HOA don't give a shit and get totally ignore it(around here, anyway).

Just keep your lawn mowed and the noise down, and you'll never have a problem, you know BASIC LIVE AND LET LIVE, AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T FUCK WITH ANYONE.

I'm UNWILLING to sign away my rights simply because the current caretakers of the HOA aren't inclined to use the power I just gave them.

It is bad enough we have a government that encroaches upon our freedoms without giving them away voluntarily to a bunch of neighborhood nannies.

If the contract ONLY mentioned cosmetic and maintenance requirements I'd have bought the house. But that isn't the case.

+1 on that.

IMHO, HOAs are kinda like Government. A little can be beneficial, but give them too much power, and they can be a real PITA.

My current neighborhood has a HOA. They're pretty lenient. I looked through the agreement before I bought, and didn't see anything objectionable. No calls or letters about anything yet. My house isn't perfectly maintained, but it isn't the worst in the neighborhood either. I have heard stories about some bad ones, though. If mine starts getting nasty, I'll either get involved and fix it, or move. Good job checking yours, and bailing when you found it too controlling.

The one thing that always bugged me was gated communities. Yeah, I feel soooo much safer now that I've made it a pain in the ass for all my friends and family to come see me. Guns keep me safe, not some loser unarmed guard controlling a little wooden gate.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

However, when other folks are willing to enter into a contract set forth by an HOA, many not nearly as stringent as the one Steyr described, that make them forfeit certain freedoms such as what color they can paint their house, they catch endless flak.  The same freedoms that allow people to purchase outside an HOA, is the same freedom that allows people to purchase within one.

Case in point, when I was in the PROC we lived in a little subdivision with an HOA.  Not nearly as strict as Steyr's.  Like him, I probably would have moved on if the provisions he quotes were in my old one.  When we left the PRCO we decided no more HOA, so we moved out here in the "country" where there is none.  We can do as we please for the most part and so can out neighbors.  So far no purple houses.

Freedom is cool.

The HOA I described is STANDARD for Florida and not nearly as restrictive as some in areas like California. The HOA I described is the same one for use in several communities in FL, GA, AL, TN, SC, NC and VA.

I bet if most people actually read their HOA conctact they'd shit their pants. The one I referrenced above was described to me by the agent as "not restrictive" and only had to do with mowing your lawn and not painting your house purple, etc.

If I were buying a home SOLEY as an investment (not going to live in it) then I would WANT an HOA.

But I buy my home based upon the idea that it will be the place I spend the majority of my life. In other words it is a "home" and not an "investment." And I wish for FREEDOM in my HOME (ie Castle).

And I fully understand that without an HOA I may not see my property values rise as much as they might. But I don't see my home as an "investment" and I work for my livelihood.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hard to find a nice house in a nice subdivision without an HOA because they don't want some quack to move in and paint his house purple and put 50 flamingos in the yard.  Sucks but that's usually the way it is.  I applaud you for sticking to your principles though.

But that is the shit that actually makes LIFE interesting, not 30 McMansions all lined up ina row on .3 acre lots all looking exactly the fucking same, with perfectly manicured lawns and not a single "old car" or childs toy in site.

Fuck that.

Exactly! When the fuck did being different become a crime. I would have trouble with my asshole neighbors if I had an HOA. I am a country boy trapped in suburbia. They call the cops constantly. Well they did until I told the officers I wanted them arrested for "Missuse of Emergency Services" and handed him a copy of the city ordinance.

My son is still at home. His friends all come here in the summer and pile into the biggest cars to go clubbing. A DD drives and they sleep it off at my house. Yes there are 20 cars in the street all night. Operable, Licsened, Insured, Legally Parked and left there less than 48 hours.

Loud party calls were made about our house when the kids were out (legal drinking age except one DD) . They arrived home at 3 am just as the Police were leaving the front door.

He and his freinds work on thier cars here in my garage. Asshole neighbors called Code Enforcement about the "Garage for Hire" in a residential area. Well all the Liscence plates they recorded were ours but my adult daughter's and my son-in-law's. No money changes hands, although I wish my daughter wold at least buy the parts I install.

I would have endless trouble with an HOA. My home is one of the better maintained homes in the Subdivision. If you don't fit the Yuppie, one Accord and one Minivan sheep type and are unable to bow to peer pressure NEVER buy in a HOA area. But if you are a Metrosexual nanny needing sheep be my guest.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#16]
We wouldn't buy a house with a HOA.  We bought our current house about a year ago.  3 acres (not as much as we wanted, but affordable), agricultural zoning, and the closest house is 5-600 yards away.  No worries about neighbors, and no strict rules.  We wouldn't like living with the neighbors within shouting distance anyway.  We enjoy our privacy too much.    
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#17]
I dont blame you.Nice house though!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I just bought a 5.5 acre lot in a subdivision with no HOA.  We do have a few rules like min 1400 sq ft living, no cars parked on the road, no trailer homes except for 1 year when building your home. That is about the extent of it. Nobody to look at your plans,can build any type of shed, barn , etc. I can use any kind of fence I want and run it all the way to the front.  I can have any livestock I want as long as they stay on my property.(I always wanted chickens and goats) The wife was all for this. We had a bad experience from another piece of property that had a HOA which ended up being run by communist. No way I was going to do that again
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#19]

The last two neighborhoods I lives in had HOA. I think it adds to the property value because it provides reasonable guidelines that all homeowners must operate under, which makes sure the neighborhood stays a desirable place to live. The basic guidelines are things like:

1. No cars parked on the street for more than 3 days. (this lets you have guests park on the street)
2. Keep your garbage can behind your house.
3. No farm animals.
4. Pets must be either fenced or on a leash
5. Lawn must be cut (meaning you cant have un-kept 18" high grass)
6. Open storage of items in yard is not allowed (must be contained in a permanent out-building) Out building must match architecture of house.
7. No annoying outdoor music
8. Pets cannot be a nuisance to neighbors

Stuff like that.

I pay $150 a year to the HOA and this is a heck of a deal IMO. My neighborhood is great. I have zero annoyances from anyone where I live. No barking dogs, everyone's yard looks great, no run-down cars parked on the steet, no garbage cans in sight...etc.

Basically, you have two choices if you want to make sure your neighbors are not a bother to you: You can buy a house on a very large lot (5 acres+) which provides you with a buffer zone from annoying neighbors, or you can buy a house in a neighborhood that has a HOA. Otherwise, you may find out that your neighbor (now or years down the road) is making your life a living hell. Even with large lot and no HOA, you're still susceptible to property value reduction caused by your neighbors. HOA is the only way to go IMO.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I would love to live out in the country if my job permitted it.

But as it is, I (like many others) have to live in suburbia, and HOAs are a necessary evil when you live in close proximity to others.

I could (theoretically) pack up and buy 20+ acres in most parts of the country, but it's just not feasible in any sizeable metro area.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The last two neighborhoods I lives in had HOA. I think it adds to the property value because it provides reasonable guidelines that all homeowners must operate under, which makes sure the neighborhood stays a desirable place to live. The basic guidelines are things like:

1. No cars parked on the street for more than 3 days. (this lets you have guests park on the street)
3. No farm animals.
6. Open storage of items in yard is not allowed (must be contained in a permanent out-building) Out building must match architecture of house.

Stuff like that.

I pay $150 a year to the HOA and this is a heck of a deal IMO. My neighborhood is great. I have zero annoyances from anyone where I live. No barking dogs, everyone's yard looks great, no run-down cars parked on the steet, no garbage cans in sight...etc.

Basically, you have two choices if you want to make sure your neighbors are not a bother to you: You can buy a house on a very large lot (5 acres+) which provides you with a buffer zone from annoying neighbors, or you can buy a house in a neighborhood that has a HOA. Otherwise, you may find out that your neighbor (now or years down the road) is making your life a living hell. Even with large lot and no HOA, you're still susceptible to property value reduction caused by your neighbors. HOA is the only way to go IMO.

What constitutes "Annoying"? My neighbors find my sitting by the firepit drinking a beer or two annoying.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:41:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I would love to live out in the country if my job permitted it.

But as it is, I (like many others) have to live in suburbia, and HOAs are a necessary evil when you live in close proximity to others.

I could (theoretically) pack up and buy 20+ acres in most parts of the country, but it's just not feasible in any sizeable metro area.

Very true, but my family bought the place before the area got all built up.  I don't know where you guys live, so it might or might not work.  In other words YMMV.

I don't think suburbia is all that bad, I can't uncap a set of headers on a saturday night, but oh well.  You meet interesting people here, my next door neighbor is a former marine, and I am sure he violates some of our HMA's regs.  Heck, a propane grill violates the HMA at my condo.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Soccer moms and their neutered husbands need I say more. Fuck a HOA. We moved out of Pa to get away from one. Don't ever give up your rights.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Soccer moms and their neutered husbands need I say more. Fuck a HOA. We moved out of Pa to get away from one. Don't ever give up your rights.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:25:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
HOAs were invented by Satan himself.

I would never buy a piece of property with the stipulation that I had to get someone else's permission to make any modifications to. If I am laying out hundreds of thousands of dollars for a house I will so whatever I damn well please to the place and I'm not going to ask anyone if it's OK first.

It's bad enough you have to do that with the local govt, let alone some pocket Nazis who have nothing better to do but take your money and fuck with you.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:33:41 PM EDT
[#26]
My HOA is a joke...I am the corner house in a cul-de-sac (I live in an upscale golf community)...anyways the person I purchased the home from used to keep the garbage can on the side of the house.....U cant see it from the street and the only way you can see it is if you walk onto my property and peek around the side of the house. I got letters from them that I was out of compliance because my garbage can was out too early before pickup???? Took a few letters back and forth and them fining me 100 bucks before I finally figured out that I CANT keep my garbage can on the side of the house...simple enough (now I keep it tucked behind this huge brush that keeps it from any prying eyes. Then a few weeks ago I get another letter but this time about the shed that was in the back yard. This shed was put in by the previous owner and ive had this home for about 2.5yrs now...the letter states that Im out of compliance because the shed is visible above the fence line......hello...the fences are a whole 6ft tall. My shed sticks up maybe 4" above the fence line at the very top and again is barely visible. I finally had it and went to the HOA office that they have more pressing issues then my shed. I went in with picutres of trees that are so over grown that you cant walk on the sidewalk and have to walk in the street...pictures of houses full of weeds and dead lawns and trees and plants that are dead.

But its difficult to find a nice house in a nice area in this part of the state that does not have an HOA.

Funny story to add.
Girl I know was being hassled by her HOA because her hedges were too tall, I think they measured them and they were something like 1.5" over what the HOA stipulates. She read through her HOA rules, called a landscape company and they came out and she had them trim each of her hedges into the shape of a penis...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#27]
I hit a nerve. Someone's doesn't like the minivan. HaHaHa
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#28]
You in a HOA..and your wife played too[LOL2]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

3. No farm animals.

Stuff like that.

What constitutes "Annoying"? My neighbors find my sitting by the firepit drinking a beer or two annoying.

Why would they be annoyed by that?

Here's a few things that I would consider annoying:

1. Loud outdoor music
2. Dogs that continously bark
3. Letting your dog roam free
4. Frequent (more than 1 every couple of months) loud parties that carry on past 10PM.
5. Tuning up your dragster in your gargage
6. Your teenage son doing burn-outs in your driveway
7. Loud arguing in the yard

etc

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I didn't see pics of the basement?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#31]
In the 6 houses I have lived in over the last 25 years, I have had many more problems in the non-HOA neighborhoods (caused by nut-case neighbors), than I've had with the HOA in the HOA neighborhoods. Living in HOA neighborhoods has been pretty much hassle free for me. I'll just say it straight up: There are alot of dick-heads out there in the world. If you happen to have one for a neighbor, he could make your life a living hell.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I like our HOA.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Good for you. Good Job. I have 2 acres.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

The one I buy will have a basement, you'll like it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#35]
HOAs suck, I would NEVER sign away my property rights.
One word for you.......acreage.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I like where I live. 16 acres and if people come a bitchin' there tresspassing.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Some HOA stuff is alright. For example, not having five rusted out "projects" in your yard, keeping the lawn mowed, etc. But when it gets in to telling someone where they can put their satellite dish or only allowing you to water your lawn on said days at said times, go fuck yourself. Buy some property and build on it. As an architecture buff, that is a fine house, I must say. Good luck in the home hunt.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Pro tip: don't live in the ghetto.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
My HOA is a joke...I am the corner house in a cul-de-sac (I live in an upscale golf community)...anyways the person I purchased the home from used to keep the garbage can on the side of the house.....U cant see it from the street and the only way you can see it is if you walk onto my property and peek around the side of the house. I got letters from them that I was out of compliance because my garbage can was out too early before pickup???? Took a few letters back and forth and them fining me 100 bucks before I finally figured out that I CANT keep my garbage can on the side of the house...simple enough (now I keep it tucked behind this huge brush that keeps it from any prying eyes. Then a few weeks ago I get another letter but this time about the shed that was in the back yard. This shed was put in by the previous owner and ive had this home for about 2.5yrs now...the letter states that Im out of compliance because the shed is visible above the fence line......hello...the fences are a whole 6ft tall. My shed sticks up maybe 4" above the fence line at the very top and again is barely visible.

I would've fixed that.  Floor jack the fence up 1 foot, pour dirt and plant grass.  Fence is still 6" high, the ground is just higher.  And the shed is now lower than the fence.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#41]
SMART move

They all turn in to NAZI's eventually..........
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
HOAs suck, I would NEVER sign away my property rights.
One word for you.......acreage.

well, we don't all live in places where acreage is cheap.

I quite sure I could buy a nice spread in AZ, TX, etc where I wouldn't have to bothered w/ neighbors.

A million bucks won't buy you dick in my neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Besides, all those windows are total zombie magnets...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Besides, all those windows are total zombie magnets...

Those would be some tall fucking zombies.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Seeing as you are a fellow Floridian, and is ready to leave our State. I am going to assume you are going toe NC like all the them do. I know someone up there in real estate if you need anyone.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The one I buy will have a basement, you'll like it.

Finished, with hardwood floors? I'm SO not into laminate.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Well all of you that love HOAs have this to look foward to.   Sure it's not exactly roomy, but at least the neighbors are quiet and the lawns are mowed, right?  Sure it looks creepy from the air, but...

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#48]
edited.  wasn't relevant.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Good for you, I did the same thing.  Sometimes I wonder.  But in the long run,
it is good not to be a member of a communist community.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#50]

a new resident is from Kalifornia and wants to institute lots of poltiically correct things (no christmas manger scenes)

Just put one on your lawn with the baby jesus is giving them the finger.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top