Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/8/2006 9:03:04 AM EDT
Well... it's old news by now I suspect, but the season premiere is tonight at 10PM
brief Mediaweek article

Premise of the show is "trading places" but with makeup race change. So I guess I'm curious what ARFCOM folks think about this show. Will you be watching it? Do you think this is going to actually help race relations, or hurt?

Do you think this will be slanted to make someone look like victims? Certainly you can edit all sorts of footage to slant however one wishes. Why else make such a show, is my thought... If all things were portrayed as being equal, then it would not be a very interesting series, now would it?

But I suppose I could be surprised. I'll probably tune in just to see where this is heading.

Another interesting and unrelated aspect, FX is using MySpace for promotion. They did it with Nip/Tuck also. With negative MySpace stories in the news every single day anymore, I wonder how thats going to play out.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:05:45 AM EDT
The ads for that show are so obnoxious that I can't bring myself to even attempt to watch it.

If I was a betting man, I'd wager that we're in for an hour of "whitey is evil" BS.

Here's to hoping it's cancelled in two weeks.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:16:50 AM EDT
From what I can tell it is a ripoff of the book Black Like Me by Robert Bonazzi. He went down to the 'Deep South' in 1959 and altered his skin tone enough to pass as black. He then wondered around and wrote of his experiences while so altered. He wrote some crazy stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0451192036/102-7341660-0216152?v=glance&n=283155

Galland

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:20:16 AM EDT
I am getting so tired of the stupid ass commercials for it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:22:26 AM EDT
I am not sure, but I may tune in just to see how they do edit it.

Second, pardon me if this come off poorly, but there are certain facial characteristics that are more typical of a given race or point of origin. Simply put, black people typically have a different facial structure than caucasians. With that being said, to me, when the people are shown on the TV, I can tell what their true "race" is, and even if I had not seen them in their transformation, I think it would be pretty clear. At the very least you know something is "not right" regarding their appearance.

I think if they are able to fool someone, that other person is not very observant.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:23:35 AM EDT
You can be sure that this will ultimately convey the message that the White Devil does nothing but keep the black man down. Hell, I don't even have the time (or the inclination) to keep anybody down.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:26:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 9:26:27 AM EDT by Max_Mike]

Originally Posted By junebug68:
You can be sure that this will ultimately convey the message that the White Devil does nothing but keep the black man down. Hell, I don't even have the time (or the inclination) to keep anybody down.

BINGO

It could be an interesting concept but…

From interviews with the produces there is little doubt the show will be slanted and they is no doubt they have strong preconceived notions that they are out to prove… and my guess is that is what they intend to do.

So alas I fear you will get set situations with know quantities to give a predictable outcome so as reinforce the already held views and sterotypes of the produces.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:27:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:38:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jarhead_22:
Listening to the Ice Tea song in the commercial makes me want to puncture my eardrums with a red hot barbecue fork.

The opening few notes of that "song" always have me mashing the channel button in nanoseconds.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:39:47 AM EDT
The fact that the website is on myspace.com is about all I needed to see, for multiple reasons.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:41:38 AM EDT
LOL @ IceTea.

Its Ice Cube. Come on guys.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:44:43 AM EDT
I also wanted to say that, I've seen some very delicate issues discussed, and handled well on ARFCOM... so I'm hoping this thread stays cool, and unlocked.

Originally Posted By photokirk:
If I was a betting man, I'd wager that we're in for an hour of "whitey is evil" BS.

Yeah, thats sorta what I suspect too, and I'd like to get into why I believe that...

Lets talk stereotypes (in a respectful manner)

Now I have never known a person who would'nt want to sit down to dinner with say, Colin Powell or Condi Rice. These are some pretty intelligent people who I think would have some interesting things to say.

On the other hand, I don't know anyone, myself included, who would want to sit down to dinner with Tookie Williams or someone who, intentionally promotes and lives up to the stereotype of an ignorant, violent, and untrustworthy person. I certainly also would'nt want anything to do with Louis Farakhan, you could'nt be more racist than this guy, in my best estimation.

The same can be said for the stereotype of the "white trailer trash" type of people, I would'nt want to sit down to dinner with a drunk white guy who'll backhand his wife over uncooked carrots... or a druggie who'll steal my silverware for meth money. I don't want to be seen with white scumbags either.

Stereotypes are something I believe you should try and prove wrong... not strive to live the lifestyle, in appearance, speech, walk, and actions. I believe ANY two educated sensible civil people can and should get along fine, and I believe they should be absolutely equal.

But at the same time, I feel uncivilized people are savages.

SO... all that said, why is this show taking two families that don't seem to fit any stereotypes?

Take a "Blonde Bimbo" from the OC, and a "Gangsta Bitch" from Chino and see how well they compete for loans. Or for jobs. Far more interesting I think.

Or take a Harvard white dude and any black dude and see how they compete, probably going to be the "Harvard" part that makes a hell of alot of difference, don't ya think?

Now reverse it, Harvard black dude, and any white dude... I'll put money on "Harvard" getting WAY ahead real quick!

But take "Harvard" and dress him in gang banger attire, teach him street slang, and now "Harvard" being ANY COLOR... is reduced in "class standing" by a substantial degree.

So, what I'm saying is, I feel this show is worthless as far as being useful. Instead of making a valid point, it's removing those aspects from it's "subjects" which the world as a whole would tend to find undesireable. And you can't have a show with both being equal because thats too boring, can't have a show with Blacks getting ahead because thats boring too. Theres only one way to spin this to make ratings... Enter: The white devil.

It's not skin color, not one bit. It's stereotypes of appearances, language, education, all things which can easily be overcome with a little effort... which makes a world of difference. Black OR White. Or any friggin' other color.

Also... "Race Card" - is the title of the song rap by Ice Cube. I generally find those who play the "race card" are in fact, those that are the racists, or alleged victims of nothing. I guess I'm just bothered by this whole situation. If race is not supposed to be an issue, if you want all things equal, you'd take off the thug attire and stop playing the race card. I'm not holding anyone down, I'd like everyone to excel... but the fact is, so-called minorities have more opportunities than I have, and thats certainly not fair to me, but they're the ones still complaining!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:45:54 AM EDT
Pure Propaganda.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:52:23 AM EDT
should have been Mexican and Blacks changing race, or Chinese and Mexican or something like that. Instead we get "the man" and "the victim".....same ol' shit.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:57:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
I am getting so tired of the stupid ass commercials for it.

+1000
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:12:26 AM EDT
The black people turned white look to "white" and fake, almost like a dead body.

The white people turned black look to painted, the color is to even across their face, no natural shadows.

I also am tired of the dumbass comercials!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:56:59 AM EDT
I'm offended. Let's burn something....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:08:24 PM EDT
Three words:

Race Baiting Bullshit
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:23:10 PM EDT
The fundamental concept of the show is flawed. You can paint a black person white and they will receive a portion of the experience of being white, but you cannnot raise his or her overall IQ to gain the full experience. The results will always be predictable with such a fundamentally flawed study. The same goes with painting a white person black and not proportionally lowering his or her average IQ to gain the full experience.

I am picking IQ as the major brain-related factor, but there are many others that would have to be altered also--obviously.

Our genetics control the physical structures of our brains, as well as the pigments in our skin...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:25:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zarathustra1:
The fundamental concept of the show is flawed. You can paint a black person white and they will receive a portion of the experience of being white, but you cannnot raise his or her overall IQ to gain the full experience. The results will always be predictable with such a fundamentally flawed study. The same goes with painting a white person black and not proportionally lowering his or her average IQ to gain the full experience.

I am picking IQ as the major brain-related factor, but there are many others that would have to be altered also--obviously.

Our genetics control the physical structures of our brains, as well as the pigments in our skin...

IBSSCATP

In Before Someone Starts Crying About This Post.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:06:59 PM EDT

Well, you cannot convince me that there are no highly intelligent black men and women out there. That is really absurd and I hope you don't believe it. I know matter of factly that the worst performance in schools is primarily among black students, but I think other factors are there, and are partially responsible. I do not believe any race is just plain stupid, or less capable of learning.

Case in point, the ROPers seem like the dumbest savages on the face of the planet to me, however... plenty of people from the Middle East region are highly educated and quite brilliant. Some are not, but thats not all of them. Plenty of whites are dumb as fucking rocks also!

But lets go with your theory of the show being flawed based on IQ. So lets suppose we got some slow white kid, and some black kid from a gifted school. Now what? Or would you choose to argue this would be impossible to accomplish?

There are naturally slow people of every race, some who just fail to learn or put forth any effort, and then you have above average individuals also. You've got plenty of diversity in higher education (Yale, Harvard, etc..) and plenty of diversity in the ghettos.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:19:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gonzo_beyondo:

There are naturally slow people of every race, some who just fail to learn or put forth any effort, and then you have above average individuals also. You've got plenty of diversity in higher education (Yale, Harvard, etc..) and plenty of diversity in the ghettos.

Except that, for a large proportion or schools, the diversity in higher education is forced. Candidates are accepted based on race to fill quotas, never mind if they're qualified to be there academically. It all depends on your upbringing. A marginally slow kid raised in a stereotypical Asian family will have it drummed into him that he must do well in school and succeed. He will do better than a smart kid raised in a stereotypical ghetto family, where he will have it drummed into him that "The Man" is keeping him down, and a life of violence and drugs is far better than earning an honest paycheck.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:44:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:
Except that, for a large proportion or schools, the diversity in higher education is forced. Candidates are accepted based on race to fill quotas, never mind if they're qualified to be there academically.

Yeah, I agree, and this is what I meant by more opportunity offered to minorities than I'm afforded... but also, I try to believe that even without such affirmative action, you'd still have blacks who strive for excellence. I also think that filling "quotas" of diversity in schools only goes so far, and that in some cases, you just might have to be academically equal, and adequately qualified for acceptance.

It all depends on your upbringing. A marginally slow kid raised in a stereotypical Asian family will have it drummed into him that he must do well in school and succeed. He will do better than a smart kid raised in a stereotypical ghetto family, where he will have it drummed into him that "The Man" is keeping him down, and a life of violence and drugs is far better than earning an honest paycheck.

Again, excellent point and I agree, but to be fair, I don't think all ghetto folk look to entitlements as their sole hope in life. I believe good people come from black ghettos... and I have also seen asian gangbangers in Chinatown. And I should note that, theres definitely asian, hispanic, middle eastern or arabic, etc... ghettos too, just like white ghettos.

Hell, poverty is an equal opportunity motherfucker.

But it's good strong parenting and good positive role models that can change it... and good qualified teachers are a giant factor in the equation. This is what we seem to be seriously lacking, and without these things, the children become criminal savages. You can't expect anything else... and again, the color of the skin has pretty much no bearing on that.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:51:29 PM EDT
If I have to see that G.D. commercial during The Shield one more time.....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:56:21 PM EDT

I’m a White guy and have a 140+ IQ according to some tests they made me take when I was in school. Maybe I just test well or something because I don’t think I’m all that bright. However, I’m generally considered to be very smart by the people I know and work with. So, I’ve got to assume that I’m at least not mentally defective.

I’ve been around Black people all my life; I’ve seen how well they perform in school and at work. And Black people aren’t less intelligent than White people. I’ve met quite a few Black people who were clearly smarter than I am and worked with quite a few who were at least on my level. I don’t have any more difficulty explaining concepts or technical details to the Black people I’ve worked with than I do the White people.

For generations, Black people weren’t allowed to participate in White culture. So, they developed their own, which was largely based on the White Southern culture. Because of our speech patterns, White Southerners don’t have a reputation for being overly bright and this effect also applies to Blacks as well.

Black people also learned to play dumb as a defense mechanism against White people. Playing dumb became a cultural trait that many fairly bright Black people are guilty of today. To make matters worse, there is a large element of Black culture which considers education to be a waste of time. Going to school is considered to be selling out to Whitey.

One other factor is a major split in the Black community that’s happening now. There are an awful log of Black people who have done the work to get a good education, found a good job, moved into good neighborhoods, and are living the American dream. I’ve lived in neighborhoods that were about 50% Black middle class and their children are well behaved, there is no crime, and the houses are kept spotless. All and all, perfect neighbors.

But the other part of the Black community is staying in the inner cities. These Black people have nothing in common with the middle class Blacks. And as the smarter and harder working Blacks move out they leave behind a larger concentration of stupid Blacks in the inner cities.

There are a lot of White people who never come in contact with any other Black person besides the ones in the cities. And I can fully understand why someone would come to the conclusion that black people are naturally stupid. But it’s definitely not true.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:56:53 PM EDT
I canceled my cable 2 years ago, have no idea what you all are talking about, and have never been happier!

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:15:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 2:16:42 PM EDT by Zarathustra1]

Originally Posted By gonzo_beyondo:

Well, you cannot convince me that there are no highly intelligent black men and women out there. That is really absurd and I hope you don't believe it.

I would never try and convince you of that. I was speaking in terms of averages.

The show would be better if they paired mental characteristics of the participants before the switch, but it still would not accomplish what the show, in theory, intends to accomplish.

The show's point is to suggest and "show" that racial differences are nothing more than arbitrary skin tone differences, which truly is absurd.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:25:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 2:38:46 PM EDT by Zarathustra1]

Originally Posted By Thuban:

I’m a White guy and have a 140+ IQ according to some tests they made me take when I was in school. Maybe I just test well or something because I don’t think I’m all that bright. However, I’m generally considered to be very smart by the people I know and work with. So, I’ve got to assume that I’m at least not mentally defective.

I’ve been around Black people all my life; I’ve seen how well they perform in school and at work. And Black people aren’t less intelligent than White people. I’ve met quite a few Black people who were clearly smarter than I am and worked with quite a few who were at least on my level. I don’t have any more difficulty explaining concepts or technical details to the Black people I’ve worked with than I do the White people.

So you feel that on average, and by that I mean if you tested them all, that all Black people are just as intelligent as all White people, all across the globe?

Do you have any evidence other than personal anecdotes?

If you are correct, then there is absolutely no good reason for Africa's total lack of development, or the inner city squalor here in America today.

You cannot say it is their culture. If they are just as intelligent as Whites, then why did they create such an unsuccessful culture as opposed to ours?

Ya know, I know a few very peacefull and well-adjusted Muslims here in America, so by your logic all should be that way. I guess the War is the man's way of keeping all Muslims down.

"I’ve been around Black people all my life; I’ve seen how well they perform in school and at work. And Black people aren’t less intelligent than White people."

This has to be the most painfully delusional thing I have read in months...

I think you mean, "some Black people are just as intelligent as some White people."
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:37:23 PM EDT
All that being said, I'll probably check the show out. Might be pretty entertaining.

And no, I am not saying there are no intelligent Black people. I'm just stating my opinion, which was heavily influenced by The Bell Curve and other studys on the subject, particurlarly ones done by the U.S. Army.

The Bell Curve was co-authored by a Jew, does that help make it any less painful? It's a multicultural theory of sorts...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:03:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Thuban:
But the other part of the Black community is staying in the inner cities. These Black people have nothing in common with the middle class Blacks. And as the smarter and harder working Blacks move out they leave behind a larger concentration of stupid Blacks in the inner cities.

There are a lot of White people who never come in contact with any other Black person besides the ones in the cities. And I can fully understand why someone would come to the conclusion that black people are naturally stupid. But it’s definitely not true.

This is a really good point, and just one of a few in a great post overall. Very interesting take on the stuation, especially the southern aspect.

Well, I'm in Buffalo NY, but I've been around a little. You guys in Detroit, would know what Buffalo is like. Ohio, you city dwellers would know what Buffalo and Detroit is like. Pittsburgh, join the club.

I went down to Kentucky and found the culture and mannerisms of people to be entirely different! People were actually mixing, black guys and white guys working side by side, and the black folks were actually nice to speak with. Polite, well spoken, and genuinely seemed nice. I kinda had culture shock over there. I had a similar experience up in Canada, lived near St. Catharines for about a year. No gangsta bullshit bad attitudes to be found.

But here in the city, the overwhelming majority of blacks walk around like straight thugs, and their obvious intent is to make other people feel threatened by their presence. They demand something unreasonable, loudly, in a store... and if the employee says "I can't do that, if you want so and so it costs extra" The immediate and very loud reply is something like "Oh, whys dat, cuz I'm BLACK?"

I was in a customer service line last week to return an item. Black woman in front of me was DEMANDING to send a large amount of cash via Western Union... without ID. Manager comes up and says "Anything over X amount of dollars, we need ID, its the rules of Western Union, not ours!" Well she got louder and louder and more racially motivated... till the manager just gave in. Gee, I suppose there goes my checkbook security too, once stolen, right?

Most stores do simply give in.

There is a large amount of area, and with that includes a huge number of places, I will NOT go into anymore. Neighborhoods I grew up in! Drive down the street and you'll get a brick through your back window.

City life and experiences therein, its really hard to deal with. Your car isn't safe, your home isn't safe, and you are'nt safe. You can't feel at ease for hardly a moment because you see thugs all around you. My bank branch has been robbed roughly 10 times this past year.

I grew up in what used to be a Polish neighborhood, now I'd call it one of the most dangerous places in New York. I live now, in what used to be an Irish neighborhood, I guess they're done trashing the Polish neighborhood, because they're coming this way now. So I'm getting pushed out. Again.

But I refuse to hate people based on these experiences. Sure, I hate a stereotype, thereby putting some on my shitlist by default, but I've seen good people of every race. It's just a damn shame certain percentages try so very hard to give their entire group a bad image.

We sure do hate terrorists... I'm betting everyone here would agree with that.
Well, these thugs i'm dealing with, are damn sure domestic terrorists.
How am I supposed to feel?

I don't have a problem with the ME looking guy who (no joke) happens to own the 7-11 we stop at for the occasional slurpee. I like slurpees.... he's Arab or Muslim or something, I don't care! He's cool enough with me. But I hate terrorists and radical Islamists.

I hate this Farakhan guy. Why? Because he's truly racist and would love to kill me (the white devil) and all my Jewish friends, who've done absolutely nothing to him. Yet he's a "leader" who gets taken seriously and gets TV coverage... ok now WTF is wrong with that picture?

Theres a difference here, and it sure ain't skin color.
I wish people (everybody) would see this.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:03:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By junebug68:

+1 (Billion)
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:13:54 PM EDT
Zarathustra1, you have some valid points also... I'm a little uncomfortable with your presentation perhaps, but...

If you are correct, then there is absolutely no good reason for Africa's total lack of development, or the inner city squalor here in America today.

Thats about the best "case in point" argument one could make.
Africa is overrun with savages, I can hardly believe what I read about that place. I'd like to say it's a lack of education to know any better, this might be the correct answer, I don't know.

White people certainly did their share of fighting throughout history... but we certainly did advance beyond squatting to take a shit, in the middle of the road.

Ya know, I know a few very peacefull and well-adjusted Muslims here in America, so by your logic all should be that way. I guess the War is the man's way of keeping all Muslims down.

I've known "some" people of every group we've discussed this evening. I really have met some broad spectrums of people, some of that I'm thankful for, others obviously I regret.

The one thing I can say, without any doubts in my mind... is that black people, in my city at least, are the most racist people I could ever imagine. Whitey simply does'nt have it within him to harbour so much hatred. I can't explain the reason for this one either. I hate to paint with a broad brush, but I've seen nothing to give me even a glimmer of hope here to the contrary. Very disappointing.

Anyways, I hope to continue this discussion after the show. I probably won't log on again till morning, but I hope to read everyones impressions.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:16:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By photokirk:
The ads for that show are so obnoxious that I can't bring myself to even attempt to watch it.

Here's to hoping it's cancelled in two weeks.

+1 except it wont be cancelled in two weeks like any other non performing show cause you got to give the black shows a better chance to catch on, maybe 2 months. Ice t cube rink whatever cant be kept down by the man.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:22:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 8:23:24 PM EDT by www-glock19-com]
I actually watched it and it was ok IMO
but as said before you take 2 middle class families and paint um not much changes
there is 2 parts of soci-economic
I thougth the whites turned black would look better but they didn't
If i ran in to the black turned white guy my first assumption would be that he had been burned badly at one time

OK show have to see if it goes down hill
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:21:27 AM EDT
Gonzo: I apologize if my delivery was offensive. That was not my intent.

Thank you for your response.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:42:13 AM EDT
Some people still feel the need to keep drawing the line between black and white. Assholes.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:00:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2006 5:07:33 AM EDT by gonzo_beyondo]

Gonzo: I apologize if my delivery was offensive. That was not my intent.
Thank you for your response.

Actually no, you did'nt offend me at all, no need to apologize. Race and nationality issues don't offend me one bit, I'm Polish and German so therefore I must be a what? dumb nazi? It all comes down to stereotypes... and actually, thats exactly what I'm trying to address.

Your point on IQ is interesting, its just the way you presented your argument, or what I read into it at first, seemed like the usual White Power rhetoric that spins threads into chaos. First I don't want the thread locked, and second, we won't get very far with any radical viewpoints, as they are hugely unpopular. I have not looked at the studies you've mentioned... but nonetheless, inner city squalor and deterioration is no strange concept to me.

So who else watched this show? Lets see what I took away from it....

White family:
Mother - has self-admitted black lust.
Father - moron obsessed with someone calling him the N word.
Daughter - really, really, really wants to be black.

Basically mother and daughter have a case of white guilt. Their statements make it evident, and i'd say that mentally, this family is a few cans short of a sixpack.

Black family:
Mother - seems somewhat normal, more normal than any of MY neighbors, white or otherwise. Funny when she says "I know how to talk and interact with white people to get what I want"
Father - again, a normal intelligent guy, but with a hardon for racism
Son - totally not interested, wants no part, says "im not the one whos racist, im just here for fun"

Amazing that, this family lives in Atlanta, showed their house, I'm guessing $500K. They are educated, pretty well spoken, well dressed, clean people in obviously a well off neighborhood cul-de-sac. How the hell these people can be on a "Whitey keeps me down" kick is beyond me, but alas... they seem pretty fixated on all the racial issues they see but nobody else can. They're better off than I am by far, yet the man keeps them down.

The two adult males quarrel over the "black experience"
White guy says... "I'm treated no differently as a black guy!"
Black guy says... "OMG! Its There! Look for it! RACISTS Everywhere!!!"

One funny thing happened. Black guy turned white is working in a bar as, yeah a white guy. He asks another white guy "hey, so hows the neighborhood" (although you did'nt hear the actual question being asked) and the white guy says basically... this neighborhood is good, its white, its safe.. not like everything around us. We plan to keep it this way.

So this guy sees the crime and destruction of other neighborhoods and is supposed or expected to want it to come into his nice, clean, safe, white neighborhood? What are ya, nuts?

Why is a "white" neighborhood even a problem? Does anyone have a problem with "Chinatown" ? How is it strange that you'd have "Little Havanas"? People want to live among people of their type and culture... seems fucking normal to me.

ETA to that last statement... being that i'm Polish/German, I feel a little outta place in Italian or Irish neighborhoods. This does not make me somehow prejudiced, it just ain't my culture or heritage. I feel outta place in Chinatown just the same, but I don't dislike Asian folks. I think diversity is cool, I'd like to be welcomed to visit a Indian or Greek place for dinner, but I don't think living among your own culture is odd or unusual either.
Top Top