Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/8/2006 6:58:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2006 6:24:34 AM EDT by storminnorman]
VERY,VERY nice guy.Lives in a nice area in the Bershires.Only 48,never has to work again.(gets a pension from Bill Gates,worked for him personaly!)About 10 yrs ago he was in a "BAD" car wreck and has has MAJOR neck pain ever since.This winter he fell on the ice and really F'd it up again,spends Christmas in the hos.!He's got 2 nice little boys,4 and 7.Over the winter the wife says it's time for a divorce!They go to court,and of course she gets the better part of the custady?????Last week he couldn't take it anymore.He OD'd on his pain med's.Passes out but doesn't die.They found him 2 days later.Laying on top of his left arm.(bood did not get to it).So they had to take the arm off.They took him off the med's to keep him sleepy,but he hasn't woke up.They are running test in brain activity.I along with the whole family are in terrible shock,i don't know what else to say.His name is Ron,if anyone can pray with me for him it would be VERY much appriciated.Thanks to all. *UPDATE* On Wednesday 2/8 he opened an eye and followed the nurse in the room with it!Then proceeded to tap the bed rail with his hand!He was asked questions and told to reply by blinking,wich he did!This happened "AFTER" the brain scans were inconclusive???I just hope his kidneys will return to working.One miracle has happened,we just need a little more.Thanks so VERY much for the prayers so far.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:59:56 AM EDT
That's horrrible. Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:00:31 AM EDT
The pain for everyone else left behind. I think the poor fellow maybe brain dead.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:02:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 7:03:12 AM EDT by triburst1]
Must have been a hell of a wife to leave him right after everything else he had just been through. Through SICKNESS and in health, bitch.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:04:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:05:51 AM EDT
triburst1: Nowa days that is said only as ceremonial-thing, nothing to do with real life.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:44:38 AM EDT
I found out his kidneys have NOT functioned AT ALL since they brought him in.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:02:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By warlord:
triburst1: Nowa days that is said only as ceremonial-thing, nothing to do with real life.

+1

prayers sent.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:05:10 AM EDT
My God, that's an awful story.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:13:33 AM EDT
Is there any way to get this nailed at the top for a few days?I'm hoping and praying for a miracle here.The more prayers the better,it's been proven.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:17:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Corpis:

Originally Posted By warlord:

+1

My bro-in-law also had a family member(uncle also I think) who got catastrophically ill, and the wife divorced him right away. I guess when you merry people for things other than love, then.....

Originally Posted By storminnorman:
He's got 2 nice little boys,4 and 7.

He had his children later in life. The children are going to miss the, at the moment they're are too young to realize it. They will be forever wondering about their "real" dad.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:41:04 AM EDT
How sad for him and the kids.

If you havent been there its impossible for most of us to judge anothers quality of life if they have chronic pain.
When more than a few MD's tell you your condition is inopertable and the best they can do is keep you wasted on pain meds what kind of life is that?

When your quality of life is so over shadowed by pain and the side effect of the pain meds it can be completely overwhelming. The simple act of sleeping can be so elusive for those with chronic pain that most people cant even begin to understand what months let alone years without real sleep is like.

The effect of Chronic Pain can make life not worth living.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:40:06 AM EDT
prayer sent.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:48:53 PM EDT
Thanks to ALL of you so far,this has been so VERY upsetting to us.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:51:18 PM EDT
sorry to hear that Shawn, prayers sent...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:55:54 PM EDT
Thanks Chris.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:00:53 PM EDT
That truly is sad. I hope things take a turn for the better.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:23:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mjohn3006:
That's horrrible. Prayers sent.

+1 Done.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:26:06 AM EDT
Check my FIRST post where it says UPDATE!Thanks so far to all!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:30:01 PM EDT
Keep your family in our thoughts, good luck with everything.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:32:48 PM EDT
Prayers sent.
Top Top