BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 8:30:57 PM EDT
which one do you prefer and why?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

.380 because its typically wider, heavier, and faster albeit not by a whole lot.

table

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#2]
.45 ACP
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Seriously?
Neither. I have owned a .380 in the past, and I currently own a .32acp. Both in the same platform, the Llama mini-1911 series. Both have been excellent as far as reliability and accuracy go. The 380 has more punch. I wouldn't consider someone "unarmed" with either caliber- but neither would be my choice.

What gun/guns are you looking at regarding these cartridges?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't James Bond Agent 007 carry a Walther PPK 32ACP? And he had a "license to kill."

Seriously, it depends what the purpose of the gun.  The 32ACP guns tend to be a little thinner and shorter, but the round is a bit weaker, ammo is not "that" widely available.  The opposite is true for the 380ACP, taller and wider, more powerful round, and more widely available than the 32ACP.

I've tried the 380 Walther PPK, Sig 230, and recoil with 380 for those blow back guns were gun "snappy."
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#5]
there's definitely a big difference in price.  / .32 is great for kids if you are going to introduce kids under 10 to centerfire auto pistols...usually a perfect size for their hands.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Didn't James Bond Agent 007 carry a Walther PPK 32ACP?

yes, because somebody reminded Ian Fleming that the Beretta .25 he originally intended for Bond to use was a woman's pistol.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
there's definitely a big difference in price.  / .32 is great for kids if you are going to introduce kids under 10 to centerfire auto pistols...usually a perfect size for their hands.

True. Both the 380 and 32 I have experience with are the same size, pretty close to a 1/3 scale 1911. The grip is smaller, barrels are shorter, parts are proportionately smaller. The 380 was pretty snappy as far as recoil goes, but the gun probably only weighed 1 pound fully loaded. The 32 has some snap to it, but not as much, for obvious reasons. In fact, I can get two fingers on the grip, one in the triggerguard, and my pinky rides on the flat magazine baseplate on the 32. The 380 had floorplates with a molded-in finger rest, so they werent so bad. The guns are about the right size for my wifes smaller hands, but the 32 is almost uncomfortable for me to shoot.

For CCW use, I would gladly trade off a little concealability from a 380 to get the benefits of a slightly larger 9mm pistol.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Didn't James Bond Agent 007 carry a Walther PPK 32ACP?

yes, because somebody reminded Ian Fleming that the Beretta .25 he originally intended for Bond to use was a woman's pistol.

I figured it this way if it was good enough for Bond, James Bond, with "a license to kill," that should be good enough for some of us mortals.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I lean towards the .32 as penetration potential is better.  

But not a tremendous amount of diff.  BTW,  for me it's p32 vs p3at, so both conceal the same and both fill the bill as a pocket pistola.

Big thumbs up to the micro 9mm's but just too big for my pockets.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Like them both really, I don't think there is that much difference power-wise.  Beretta Bobcat and Colt Mustang are my favorites.   I carry either when jogging or biking.  They fit nicely into a Walkman belt pack.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top