Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:42:19 PM EDT
well a 2004 ninja kawasaki type...my buddy deployed and wanted me to remove the battery from his motorcycle I can remove the back seat but cant find the control/switch/button to remove the front seat(where the battery is at) can anyone help me...PLEASE
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The first thought that came into my mind when I read this thread title was that it would be something about Chuck Norris having a sword fight with a ninja and cutting the ninja's ass off.

This is what 7 years of arfcom have done to my mind. (fixed grammar)
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like it could be bloody...................Oh, you mean a motocycle.  Not sure, but most bikes have a latch on one side that you can release and the seat flips to the side.

Not sure on the Ninja, but take a look.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The first thought that came into my mind when I read this thread title was that it would be something about Chuck Norris having a sword fight with a ninja and cutting the ninja's ass off.

This is 7 years arfcom have done to my mind.

You are sick, but so am I.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't even get me started on hookers and blow, pie, and, SIIHPAPP.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds like it could be bloody...................Oh, you mean a motocycle.  Not sure, but most bikes have a latch on one side that you can release and the seat flips to the side.

Not sure on the Ninja, but take a look.

well the key latch only releases the back seat not the front as on this bike its two seperate seats...front one is the problem...and he does not have an owners manual laying around I checked his wife says when he bought the bike he didnt get one and I dont want to pay $20.00 for a manual...

if no one knows ill stop by the dealership tomorrow and ask them LOL...i feel like an idiot and I know ill confuse them cause im riding a 2006 BMW K1200R..they will probably thinki am going to fuck with someones "JAP" bike and not tell me...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Try the key in the helmet lock.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
well a 2004 ninja kawasaki type...my buddy deployed and wanted me to remove the battery from his motorcycle I can remove the back seat but cant find the control/switch/button to remove the front seat(where the battery is at) can anyone help me...PLEASE

Their should be a key slot that you stick the ignition key into to pop it up.  It's probably in the left side near the fuel cutoff.  I'm not sdure which model you have, but ever Kawi I've ever owned had this feature.

Disconnector
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Their should be a key slot that you stick the ignition key into to pop it up.  It's probably in the left side near the fuel cutoff.  I'm not sdure which model you have, but ever Kawi I've ever owned had this feature.

Disconnector

Yes but that only removes/unlatches the back seat not the front one....
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a CBR 600 F4i that required the rear portion of the DRIVERS seat to be pulled up (it won't hurt anything) in order to access two bolts under the seat.  You couldn't see the bolts until you pulled up on the back of the seat.  I don't know the drill for a ninja, but since both bikes have solo drivers seats, it might be worth a try.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I had a CBR 600 F4i that required the rear portion of the DRIVERS seat to be pulled up (it won't hurt anything) in order to access two bolts under the seat.  You couldn't see the bolts until you pulled up on the back of the seat.  I don't know the drill for a ninja, but since both bikes have solo drivers seats, it might be worth a try.

This is most likely the answer being that GSXRs are the same as CBRs and most likely Ninjas.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Doesnt anyone on this board own a damn ninja LOL.....
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Paging Fast_Jimmy Paging Fast_Jimmy
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Nope I putter around on a Rebel.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Ninja what?

250?
500?
Any of the ZX6's?
The ZX10?
The ZX14?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#15]
The Internet is your friend.  http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/showthread/t-197859.html

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Need to know exactly which model as they are all different. Sone have seats removable with the key, and some you have to unbolt the seat.
Since you said front and rear that excludes the 250 and 500s.
If it is a ZX10 the front seat unbolts once you pop the rear seat off.
I think the zx6 and 636 also bolt on but not sure. Look for a little metal bracket that has one bolt through it that clamps the back of the front seat down. Remove that (usually a 10mm bolt or phillips screw) and then lift the back of the riders seat up and slide it towards the back of the bike.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#17]
NINJAS own you!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Probably 2 bolts allen type on either side of the tank. If not then ??
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I race an R6, and have experience with most all modern sportbikes.  Grab the rear portion of the seat, and pull it up.  You will see two allen bolts (5mm I think) under there.  Remove those then wiggle the seat back and up.  Should come right off.

Moto89
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I race an R6, and have experience with most all modern sportbikes.  Grab the rear portion of the seat, and pull it up.  You will see two allen bolts (5mm I think) under there.  Remove those then wiggle the seat back and up.  Should come right off.

Moto89

What he said, might possibly be regular bolts too. but reguardless its being held on by 2 bolts.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a 2004 ZX636R. To remove the seat you use the key to remove tha back seat, then you have to use a socket and ratchet to turn the bolt that is sitting next to the main seat. After that the seat slides back and up, you can then get to the batt. The bolt has a large hook attached to it and this is what keeps the seat from falling off.

Omni
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I have a 2004 ZX636R. To remove the seat you use the key to remove tha back seat, then you have to use a socket and ratchet to turn the bolt that is sitting next to the main seat. After that the seat slides back and up, you can then get to the batt. The bolt has a large hook attached to it and this is what keeps the seat from falling off.

Omni

YAY!!!!..that was it right there...... same bike he has a green one...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Mine is blue!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is 7 years arfcom have done to my mind.

You are sick, but so am I.

heh me too
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't own a Ninja!

Just thought you'd like to know.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
NINJAS own you!!

best reply ever!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top