Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:11:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 6:20:06 PM EDT by Cleatus]
Kinda split on this one. Only have 11 years to finish, retirement bennies would be nice. Pros/cons got a family now too.

Forgot to mention its reserve.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:14:32 PM EDT
One of my best friends went back in after he got his degree. 4 years enlisted under his belt, and now he's going through OCS right now.

I don't know what being a military brat is like, but it can't be that bad.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:18:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:19:49 PM EDT
I kind of wish I would have stayed in. I would have 11 years also. I just got a line for staff and got married when I recieved orders to Guam.
You are over the hump and if you do not like your AFSC crosstrian. I was a firefighter in the AF and loved it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:21:10 PM EDT
shit, your already halfway there, why stop now? I reenlisted last year, I only had four years in, and the only reason i regret it at the moment is because I am in the sand box for the third time in four years. Once I get home I know I'll be happy with it... if only I could get the hell out of Travis!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:29:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:
shit, your already halfway there, why stop now? I reenlisted last year, I only had four years in, and the only reason i regret it at the moment is because I am in the sand box for the third time in four years. Once I get home I know I'll be happy with it... if only I could get the hell out of Travis!

so good or bad....
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:30:32 PM EDT
Dude, you're not giving us much to go on...

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:38:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 6:39:30 PM EDT by motown_steve]
I'd do it. Worst case scenario you get sent to Iraq for a year. It's not like you'd be going out on patrols and looking for IEDs and terrorists. If not then you'll be collecting a pay check to sit around playing cards . And in 11 more years you'll have a nice little check from the government to supplement your retirement or whatever you decide to do.

Now, if you DON'T re-enlist then the time you have in already is basically wasted. No government pension, no benefits, nothing. Why WOULDN'T you re-enlist?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:49:16 PM EDT
I see it as the right choice for me, sure there are sacrifices, but my reenlisting provided a stable income for my family along with the health benefits and other things you know they provide us. I saw it as either staying in the military, or getting out and trying to figure out what and how I would go about taking care of my family.

so for me, good thing... beats working my ass off at an oil refinery living in the rough neighborhood I was raised in. (richmond CA).
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:50:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Dude, you're not giving us much to go on...

whaddya want?

wife/kids/decent job...never hated the service (AF anyway)
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:54:51 PM EDT
shit now that I see its the reserve, now i'm really thinking you should... shit why not, what do you do anyhow, can't be worse than Air Trans.
Worse case you get activated for, what a year?
Top Top