Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/7/2006 10:35:58 AM EDT
Has anyone here used the Ab Lounge exercise machine?

If so, how long till you had results? (please include what kind of shape you were in before)

Thinking about buying one but dont want to waste money if it doesnt work.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:38:17 AM EDT
gimmick.

everyone has perfect abs under that fat.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:39:32 AM EDT
Laying on the back and doing 45-degree bicycle kicks is pretty effective.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:44:42 AM EDT
All those things are useless. Once you lose the fat covering your stomach(if any), you can tone abs with exercises that don't require anything more complicated than a medicine ball.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:45:16 AM EDT
I hear that they are most effective when used in conjunction with ear staples.

Miss Stranger, they are a gimmick. As a general rule, there is no substitute for proper diet and exercise, both cardio, and resistance.

There are some devices that can assist in proper form (such as an exercise ball), but the ab roller, the ab lounge, the abdominizer, the ab whatevers, they are a way to separate you from your money, that's it.

Fish
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:50:50 AM EDT
Doing regular old school sit ups, about three times a day, motivated by a team of Ft. Leonard Wood Drill Sergeants, gave me speed bump abs.

Doing the sit ups on the pavement, or better yet in crushed gravel built character as well as muscle tone.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:09:28 AM EDT
HaHa Fish....

Thanks you guys for the advise

I have a hard time keeping proper form when I'm doing crunches and sit-ups and being on the floor kills my back. I cant even lay flat on the floor without it messing up my back.

I will definitly look into that exercise ball...although staying on the ball might be a whole new issue.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:15:36 AM EDT
If you want to do ab exercises, and have trouble laying down, try hanging from a chin-up bar, and doing leg lifts, with bent knees, and straight legs. Will satisfy your needs well.
Top Top